Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 05:31 AM

6,421 posts, read 4,152,605 times

Advertisements

Last year my boyfriend and I decided to paint the kitchen bright Orange. It looked cool for a few months. I remember one time on a Saturday I was drinking coffee and looking around me. I thought to myself what the hell were we thinking?

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he said he's been thinking the same thing. Bright orange seemed like a good idea at the time but it wore out its welcome really quickly.

Trump has been insulting his way through his campaign. He's been using very strong words and tells about his crowd sizes. He is a novelty. It got people excited for a few months. I suspect most people are tired of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 05:41 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,960,444 times
I've been predicting that, as the election went on, he would bottom out and people would start to realize the fun was over and now they had to get down to reality and elect a sane person. I have to admit that it has taken longer than I ever thought it would though.

It does appear that the debates have been a turning point, because this is when a candidate has to stand up, on the same stage as their opponent, and prove to the American public that they have the vision, plans, and ability to actually do this very difficult job for the next 4 years. A lot of eyes were opened when they saw how unstable and ill equipped he was during the first debate. The second and third should put all doubts to rest. All he has is bluster with no substance to back it up, but that is how he has run his entire life.

But a lot of people, surprisingly, are still in love with that orange kitchen wall, and are hanging in there. Not sure why, but they are. Probably some are hanging on because they simply do not like admitting they may have been wrong and want to save face.

Don

Old 10-06-2016, 05:41 AM

51,743 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Last year my boyfriend and I decided to paint the kitchen bright Orange. It looked cool for a few months. I remember one time on a Saturday I was drinking coffee and looking around me. I thought to myself what the hell were we thinking?

When I pointed this out to my boyfriend, he said he's been thinking the same thing. Bright orange seemed like a good idea at the time but it wore out its welcome really quickly.

Trump has been insulting his way through his campaign. He's been using very strong words and tells about his crowd sizes. He is a novelty. It got people excited for a few months. I suspect most people are tired of him.
Some are. Some aren't.

I have noticed a drop off in FB posts supporting him on my timeline. But the ones hanging in there are posting some odd stuff.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:44 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,772,777 times
Yet he had a speech in a northern Colorado a couple of days ago where there were well over 12,000 people who were in line to get in, for a venue that only holds about 7,400 people. That is in a state that many have been trying to say was going to Hillary for months.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:48 AM

26,239 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Trump is still doing fine. The media are trying to paint a brighter picture of the dulling old Hillary in order to try to create enthusiasm where there is none. Let's face it, Hillary's supporters are extremely gullible and will believe anything so the media can always count on them!

Old 10-06-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Some are. Some aren't.

I have noticed a drop off in FB posts supporting him on my timeline. But the ones hanging in there are posting some odd stuff.

Oh, for sure it has gotten weird. The ones hanging on seem to be that fringe element that we see in videos. All they know is that he is rich and is gonna make 'Murica Great Again. When they start coming up with theories about selling Bill's underwear and stupid stuff like that, you know the barrel is getting scraped.

As for the huge turnouts, I think a lot of those people are just there for the entertainment value. A HS girl who works part time with us said all her friends were going to his Ft Myers event, "just to see a celebrity that they have been seeing on TV." None of them are old enough to vote, but they filled a lot of seats there. The rest may be older, but the reason they go is that the World Wrestling Federation isn't in town this week, and NASCAR is off season.

Don

Old 10-06-2016, 05:53 AM

51,743 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I've been predicting that, as the election went on, he would bottom out and people would start to realize the fun was over and now they had to get down to reality and elect a sane person. I have to admit that it has taken longer than I ever thought it would though.

It does appear that the debates have been a turning point...
Sunday's debate ought to be a doozy.

Trump looked like a fool at the grown-ups' table at the first debate. SNL's nailed the subtext, absolutely nailed it.

The second debate had Pence running for President and throwing Trump under the bus.

So Trump comes into this debate, knowing he's been played a fool not once but twice, ticked off about all the "lying" ads, threatening to bring up "inappropriate" topics...

Can hardly wait.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 10-06-2016 at 06:19 AM..

Old 10-06-2016, 05:53 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,669,228 times
I guess when you have 9/10 of the media twisting, exaggerating and lying about everything you have ever done or said, it might fool many people. At the same time you have 9/10 of the media covering up everything Hillary Clinton has ever done. I wish somebody would report on what the Clinton Foundation has done to the poorest of the poor in Haiti after the devastating earthquake, it is so sad but most will never know. They just hear about what Trump said 25 years ago.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I guess when you have 9/10 of the media twisting, exaggerating and lying about everything you have ever done or said, it might fool many people. At the same time you have 9/10 of the media covering up everything Hillary Clinton has ever done. I wish somebody would report on what the Clinton Foundation has done to the poorest of the poor in Haiti after the devastating earthquake, it is so sad but most will never know. They just hear about what Trump said 25 years ago.

Now see, that is where Trump supporters have blinders on. The media only has things to comment on because those words and thought came out of Donald Trumps own mouth. There is video proof of everything they are saying about him. Sure, you can spin and twist those words to say "That is not what he meant", but intelligent people are able to determine that he can't continue to say the same hate filled lies over and over again without him actually thinking those things.

The media doesn't have to say things to condemn Trump, he does such a great job all on his own !

Don

Old 10-06-2016, 06:19 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,236,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sunday's debate ought to be a doozy.

Trump looked like a fool at the grown-ups' party at the first debate. SNL's take on it nailed the subtext, absolutely nailed it.

The second debate had Pence running for President and throwing Trump under the bus.

So Trump comes into this debate, knowing he's been played a fool not once but twice, ticked off about all the "lying" ads, threatening to bring up "inappropriate" topics...

Can hardly wait.
IMO:

Even if Trump were to lose the remaining debates he'll still win the presidency of the USA in 2016.

A matter of the media and all their ilk everywhere with their increasing desperate BS just makes Trump the POTUS elect even more so.

Too bad the remaining two debates will probably be a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections