Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Trumps own mouth deliver the knock out to his presidential campaign l?
Yes 164 65.34%
No 87 34.66%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 01:06 PM

16,731 posts, read 8,722,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Even if the Wikileaks BS was true, if someone paid me $225,000 for 20 minutes of running my mouth, I think I'd be sure to say words that would make them think their investment was worth it. I have been on three message boards and FB all day since the hurricane is passing through, and I have not seen any widespread discussion of the WL stuff.

What I have seen is growing lists of republicans who are unendorsing Trump and calling for him to withdraw, and watching his numbers free fall over at 538. He's currently pegged to lose to Hillary 81.4% to 18.6%, and he still has to face her at the debate tomorrow. That should put the final nail in the lid.
While crude and vulgar, we should not be deciding a president based on comments like that made in private life from a decade ago.
Heck, even if he was vulgar in his thoughts, if he is better suited to run the country, who gives a flip that he is crass.
It is not as if we have a choice between an honest, accomplished, candidate and her upstanding husband to put into the white house. No, Bill Clinton is a serial sexual offender in his actions, not just words. Hillary is likely the most corrupt, power hungry dishonest person ever to run for office. At least Trump is honest, despite being vulgar/crass.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,997,848 times
Lol Pence is trying to secure the 2020 nomination. That's funny

Old 10-08-2016, 01:08 PM

16,731 posts, read 8,722,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Nobody but you dems care what Trump said.

All the adults are talking about how Hillary is being exposed as nothing but a paid shill of Wall st, and the big banks.
I tend to disagree. Hillary is certainly worse based on her actions while in government vs. Trump in private life. So yes, the adults on both sides are likely more interested in substantive issues vs. Trump being a crass, rude baffoon back in the day. However people, especially emotional ones find some of his vulgar/crass words offensive. I do not care for them either, even though many young men have said as much in their youth.
I am sure based on what former staffers have said about Hillary, that she said some very inappropriate things over the years as well. This from someone who was in public life and should have known better.
But those are not the main issues that the American people will focus on when it comes time to vote.

So, while Trump is not my cup of tea, he certainly will be better for the country than would Hillary. In my estimation, Hillary would destroy what is left of the constitutional republic as envisioned by our Founding Fathers.

This site will back up my assertion regarding what the FF's would think;

About | What Would The Founders Think?

`

13,778 posts, read 9,688,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Ah, yes......the typical Leftie smear tactic....choose what you want to quote and ignore anything that might mitigate it.

The rest of the quote " I am grateful that he has expressed remorse and apologized to the American people. We pray for his family and look forward to the opportunity he has to show what is in his heart when he goes before the nation tomorrow night."
Regarding the bolded, we've been studying the postings, articles and utterances of Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Breitbart, Fox News and the numerous alt right posters on this forum. We've learned how to impact the discussion most effectively from you with the lesson, "to effectively disseminate propaganda, there must be a grain of truth." Thanks for the tips.

PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,434,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Exactly.

Lots of guys talk like that in the "locker room" and many, many more think like that. Including the hypocrite liars who say they don't.

Trump is real stupid. Right now America desperately needs real.
If that's what you want, OK.

4,458 posts, read 4,198,342 times
Default Lawsuits

Trump may have opened himself up to many lawsuits with his revelations, after all, he has admitted to breaking several laws like battery and sexual assault. .

I hate to say it but I am going to have to throw my vote away and vote for Johnson and hope nothing really bad comes out about him.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:09 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,130,144 times
Get off the trumps titanic NOW before it's too late!!!!!!

27,798 posts, read 32,545,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Nobody but you dems care what Trump said.

All the adults are talking about how Hillary is being exposed as nothing but a paid shill of Wall st, and the big banks.
Dude, you're sounding like Baghdad Bob.....Pence cancelled his event, 20-30 GOP politicians pulled their endorsements.....

549 posts, read 293,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Trump was 59 years old and I think most people are mostly firm in their basic opinions by that age.
A 59 y.o. man-child then, a 70 y.o. man-child today.

6,403 posts, read 4,134,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Even if the Wikileaks BS was true, if someone paid me $225,000 for 20 minutes of running my mouth, I think I'd be sure to say words that would make them think their investment was worth it. I have been on three message boards and FB all day since the hurricane is passing through, and I have not seen any widespread discussion of the WL stuff.

What I have seen is growing lists of republicans who are unendorsing Trump and calling for him to withdraw, and watching his numbers free fall over at 538. He's currently pegged to lose to Hillary 81.4% to 18.6%, and he still has to face her at the debate tomorrow. That should put the final nail in the lid.
People are tired of the Clinton email thing. Nobody cares about it anymore. This puppy is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections