Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Trumps own mouth deliver the knock out to his presidential campaign l?
Yes 164 65.34%
No 87 34.66%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 12:43 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,656 times

Advertisements

As my pappy used to say, "everyone has a purpose in life, if nothing else, they can serve as a bad example"

9,884 posts, read 10,988,727 times
THINK, people!
The ballots are printed!
Many absentee ballots have been mailed.
Some absentee ballots have already been returned.

After the voting has begun, there can be NO changes in the candidates. Not even if one of them DIES! It has happened before, a dead candidate has actually been elected!

Trump can not quit now. Well, OK, he can, but it would be meaningless. His name will still be on the ballot. The ballots can not be changed and reprinted in time for Election Day!

Those who are demanding such a change obviously know nothing about the election process, and as such should likely NOT be holding their offices!

7,982 posts, read 4,295,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
He did not brag about an assault. He said he tried to hook up with that woman and failed. He also said that because he is famous woman let him do whatever he wants to them. Ask any famous man, professional ball player or musician. I am sure they all know what he is talking about. Woman flock to them. They treat themselves as objects to get the famous guy. I have seen it. What Trump said was vulgar but he was not speaking of assaulting women.
He absolutely did. He said that he doesn't even wait. He kisses them, he grabs their p****.

Kissing and grabbing a p**** w/o consent is sexual assault.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:44 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Pence is still riding the fence though. For a second there I thought we had someone with some backbone in Pence, but noooo, he's going to continue to follow Trump into the ditch. Maybe he signed some contract with Trump, I would not put it past him. Maybe he offered Pence a million dollar bonus to stay on the ticket? Is something like that legal?
What can Pence do? He's the Republican party's official nominee for Vice President of the United States.

If he resigns from the nomination now, all that will happen is a defeat will become a crushing, party smashing defeat, one that will destroy his own career from nothing he did or said himself.

Michael Pence is a devout Christian, a moral man, and a man with a sense of honor. All this is indisputable. One may disagree with his policies, but never his sincerity.

How this is a lack of backbone to you amazes me. It seems you would prefer a gutless toady who would gladly follow Trump down the slime hole he created. I think most voters will see Pence as the only honorable man at the top of the ticket, and there are many calls from the Republicans for Trump to step down and quit the race.

Pence is the better man and the better candidate. If he became the Presidential nominee, there is a wealth of other Repbulicans who are qualified to take his place as VP.

1,972 posts, read 1,282,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
They aren't outraged, nice try though!!!
Yes they are totally cool about it.
One just un-invited him for giggles and the the other guy on the same ticket just said he is offended by this because it is good for the campaign to be offended by your own partner on the same ticket!

Denial is a powerful thing........

8,316 posts, read 3,938,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I would just like to see one, just one, Trump supporter on CD say that what DT said about women was wrong and that they are sickened by it. But please, continue diverting back to Bill Clinton to excuse this vile behavior.
Never going to happen. These are the most extreme of the extreme here on C-D. They may prove me wrong though, hope springs eternal.

10,275 posts, read 10,356,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
She and her husband killed enough people in their career. If that's not Satan I don't know what is?
No, they haven't. You made that up.

Honestly, do people actually believe this kind of Breitbart nonsense? Are people really that crazy and deluded? All you do is deflect Trump's wild statements and then try and claim the biggest whoppers for the other candidate "But, but Hillary is a murderer, I tell ya".

3,841 posts, read 1,983,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Really? So "just grab 'em by the *****" is not assault? I am a woman, and if a man came up and grabbed me like that you can bet I would feel like I was assaulted. As would any woman. Or any man, for that matter. You pretending otherwise notwithstanding.
If he literally did that without consent that would be assault. He said they let him do that. I believe there are women who are like that. Heck, I was in the same bar with Derek Jeter ten years ago. Woman were actually lifting their shirts exposing themselves in hopes he would pick them to touch. My husband who is a huge democrat and hates Trump is sitting in my living room with two friends laughing at the media because most men talk like this at one point. Even just to gain points amongst other men. He is saying most of these hypocrite reporters probably talked just like Trump.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:46 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,884,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
genuinely principled conservatives (however few they may be) should work to punish every republican that sticks by this reality show clown.

Nothing says "craven politician" like sticking by someone as thoroughly, incandescently unqualified for the office as donald trump. ...

...And poor ted cruz. The orange clown insults his WIFE and his FATHER, and the RAT cruz crawls back to lick his boots.

Every see a rat crawl ONTO a sinking ship? Witness mr. cruz. Worse than the non-hero mccain.
Okay, the bolded had me laughing out loud. Not a fan of Cruz, so I don't feel sorry for him, but I have to admit I was surprised when he endorsed Trump. He was trying to save his political career, but unless he gets on the un-endorsement bandwagon pretty quickly, it's probably going to have the opposite long term effect.

Never in a million years would I have believed I would enjoy watching Trump at the top of the GOP ticket, but I must say, this has been a most entertaining 24 hours.

Old 10-08-2016, 12:46 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,995,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
What do you think about the people who defended Bill Jefferson Clinton?
Deflector shields raised, Captain, but they are ineffective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections