Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Trumps own mouth deliver the knock out to his presidential campaign l?
Yes 164 65.34%
No 87 34.66%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 01:19 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The uncontestible iriny about Republicans willing to do ANYTHING to get back to power is that the Republicans were ape **** to use Bill Clinton's hounddog ways to impeach him when Lewinsky scandle was revealed...
They ground government to a halt over that and yet they (at least Ryan and McConnell and Pence) lack the guts to say Clinton was condemned for the same behavior w/o the Trump audio/video evidence of behavior just as gross or more so...

If you want the moral high ground you can't condone Trump's behavior and allow him to continue as your standardbearer; yet they can't be honest enough to kick him to the curb...
Trump has uncovered the hate, ignorance, and hypocritical dichotomy of the radical right and held their slobbering subserviance to the light because they refuse to acknowledge their allegiance is as much a mistake as his Presidency.
Lewinsky was a way to prove how he lies. He was impeached for purjery. I bet you still think the South seceded to keep slavery too.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:19 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Those still supporting trump after this most recent round of insulting comments by him have truly earned the deplorable label. Congrats trump bots, you have officially earned the right to be a deplorable citizen!

Old 10-08-2016, 01:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post

Follow
Mary Ann Ahern ✔ @MaryAnnAhernNBC
RNC Official: @realDonaldTrump has been taken off the Phone Call scripts for recruitment and Absentee Ballot requests
1:51 PM - 8 Oct 2016
Wow, this would seem to be a pretty clear indication that the GOP is considering dumping him. Or at the very least, if they can't get him off the ticket, they are not going to do anything to support or promote him. So will he stubbornly remain and sink the entire party? I hope so.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:22 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
I did not try to defend his remarks. Thought that was clear. Nor will I. As a country though there are much bigger issues. Overriding getting into what is essentially a distractive topic, much like when 13 yo Mitt Romney bullying charges were dredged up in 2012, is the documented danger Mrs Clinton is to the average American and the nations security. My original post.

You want to make a case against that without trying to elevate character flaws to more than they are; essentially insignificant in comparison to the existential threat Mrs Clinton presents. If my house is on fire I am going to choose a womanizing fireman every time over the arsonist who set the fire in the first place to save my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I will extend to you the same challenge I've extended to numerous other Trump supporters on this forum. Can you comment/defend Trump's remarks without referring to either or both of the Clintons?

So far not a single Trump supporter has been able to do it. I doubt you will, either.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:22 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times

Quote:
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In what is being described as a best-case scenario, some political experts are predicting that the Republicans could once again be a viable political party as early as the year 2096.

Davis Logsdon, the head of the University of Minnesota’s political-science department, said on Saturday that the eighty-year time frame for the Republican Party to recover was “admittedly optimistic, but still doable.”

“It’s not going to be easy, and they have very little margin for error,” Logsdon said. “But if they do everything right and a lot of things cut their way, they could be up and running as a somewhat serviceable political party as early as 2096.”
Republican Party Could Recover as Early as 2096, Experts Say - The New Yorker

Old 10-08-2016, 01:23 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Bill Jefferson Clinton didn't go to jail for the things he did, so I wouldn't worry about it.
No but he was sued.

I don't think Bill ever admitted to anything. Trump stated what he did to woman, it's already an admission of guilt.

If a woman comes forward now with a lawsuit saying Trump groped her private area, how could he say it did not happen or that he does not do those kind of things.

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Congressman Tom Rooney just unendorsed.

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
How many have there been so far? These are just the ones I can remember since last night.

1. Senator Mike Lee-Utah
2. Cong. Jason Chavitz- Utah
3. Sen Mark Kirk- Illinois
4. Sen. Kelly Ayotte- New Hampshire
5. Hugh Hewitt
6. Sen. Mike Crapo- Idaho
7. Sen. Shelly Moore Capito- West Virginia
8. Sen. John Thune (SD)
9. Cong. Martha Roby (AL)
10. Gov. Dennis Duagaard (SD)
11. Former Gov. Jon Huntsman - (UT)
12. Cong. Bradley Byrne (AL)
13. Cong. Mike Coffman (CO)
14. Congressman and Senate nominee Joe Heck (NV)
15. Carly Fiorina
16. Cong. Mike Bost (IL)
17. Cong. Rodney Davis (IL)
18. Cong. Ann Wagner (MO)
19. Former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (CAL)
20. Cong. Mia Love (UT)
21. Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
I don't care what these people say or others, every last one of them IS going to vote for Trump.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
The only guys that don't care about what he said are those who share the same mindset as him, namely MRA's/Redpillers/PUAs

Old 10-08-2016, 01:25 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, this would seem to be a pretty clear indication that the GOP is considering dumping him. Or at the very least, if they can't get him off the ticket, they are not going to do anything to support or promote him. So will he stubbornly remain and sink the entire party? I hope so.
Yeah, they can't dump him. He can't be forced from the ballot and voting has already started anyway. They really have no leverage over him at all. The only ones that do are likely his children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.