Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 05:03 AM

51,692 posts, read 25,969,636 times

Advertisements

If you haven't seen the video Trump tweeted out at midnight, it's well worth watching. He stares straight into the teleprompter and reads the words from his heart. (Stop snickering.)

Admits to saying some "foolish things" but that anyone who knows him "knows these words don't reflect who I am." (Who are these people and why don't they speak up? Will Giuliani and Christie make the rounds again proclaiming Trump is "true gentleman" with nothing but the highest regard for "the ladies?")

"I said it, I was wrong and I apologize." (There, Kellyanne. Are you satisfied?)

Then goes on to say he's a changed man. (Trumps followers must be disappointed.)

Says he's spent time with a grieving mother. (The Muslim mother who lost her son in battle comes to mind.)

"Laid off workers who've jobs have gone to other countries." (He should know, he sent some of those jobs there himself.)

"Let's be honest, (Oh yes, let's do.) this is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues we are facing today."

Then he launches into how Bill abused women and Hillary bullied his victims. (These are the important issues we are facing today? Who knew?)

Trump issues defiant apology for lewd remarks -- then goes on the attack - CNNPolitics.com

Stick a fork in him.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:26 AM

258 posts, read 196,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Stick a fork in him.
Lol. You southern?

Old 10-08-2016, 06:14 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,508,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'm surprised this crude and lewd stuff didn't surface during the primaries.
no doubt, especially since it was said to jeb!'s cousin.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:07 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,813,410 times
Largely, they stood by his side in issue after issue already hashed and rehashed.

However, comments made about women as sex objects and free for the taking were over the line.

Last one turn the lights out::

GOP US Senators rescinding support:
Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia,
Deb Fischer of Nebraska,
Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire,
Mike Crapo of Idaho,
John Thune of South Dakota
Dan Sullivan and Lisa Murkowsky of Alaska
John McCain of Arizona
Crescent Hardy of Nevada

GOP US Senators calling for Trump to withdraw:
Murkowski Alaska
Jeff Flake of Arizona,
Mark Kirk of Illinois,
Mike Lee of Utah,
Ben Sasse of Nebraska,
Mike Coffman of Colorado,

GOP Senators and US House Reps calling for withdraw
Barbara Comstock of Virginia,
Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania
Fred Upton of Michigan
Bradley Byrne of Alabama
Martha Roby of Alabama
Scott Garrett of New Jersey
Sen. Mike Crapo of Idaho
Mike Coffman of Colorado
Joe Heck of Nevada
Cory Gardner of Colorado
Mia Love of Utah
Mike Coffman of Colorado
Dan Sullivan of Alaska
Shelley Moore Capito of W.Virginia
Deb Fischer of Nebraska
Ann Wagner of Missouri
Rodney Davis of Missouri
Chris Stewart of Utah
Cresent Hardy of Nevada
Justin Amash of Michigan

GOP US House Reps no longer endorse Trump:
Alabama Martha Roby and Bradley Byrne ,
Nevada Joe Heck and Cresent Hardy ,
Missouri Ann Wagner
Illinois Rodney Davis
New Jersey Scott Garrett
Utah Mia Love, Jason Chaffetz and Chris Stewart
Florida Tom Rooney

Please copy and paste adding missing and new GOP defections.

Note: Please only add top GOP politicians who say they no longer endorse Trump and/or will not vote for Trump or call for him to withdraw.

Primary Sources

cite: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...=2016-forecast

Here are the Republicans calling on Trump to drop out after 2005 audio was released.

List of Republicans who no longer support Trump

Old 10-08-2016, 05:34 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,624,846 times
I'll say this once more, like I first did more than a year ago, that DT is a secret agent, working for the Democrats. Setting up the Republicans to nominate him and then deliberately blowing apart his campaign in the last days, to ensure a win for the opposition. He must have a deal going to get something, something very big, back from them for his efforts.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:36 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,615,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'll say this once more, like I first did more than a year ago, that DT is a secret agent, working for the Democrats. Setting up the Republicans to nominate him and then deliberately blowing apart his campaign in the last days, to ensure a win for the opposition. He must have a deal going to get something, something very big, back from them for his efforts.
I believed that once. But no one could have predicted acting this bad would get him this far. Its not possible

Old 10-08-2016, 05:51 PM

2,961 posts, read 2,911,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I believed that once. But no one could have predicted acting this bad would get him this far. Its not possible

It's like a miracle, almost being divinely chosen.

On a religious note Trump and Bible David have too much in common to be coincidence.

I know Mormons don't read their Bible but I do

Old 10-08-2016, 06:14 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,661,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Largely, they stood by his side in issue after issue already hashed and rehashed.

However, comments made about women as sex objects and free for the taking were over the line.

Last one turn the lights out::

GOP US Senators rescinding support:
Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia,
Deb Fischer of Nebraska,
Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire,
Mike Crapo of Idaho,
Dan Sullivan and Lisa Murkowsky of Alaska
John McCain of Arizona
Crescent Hardy of Nevada

GOP US Senators calling for Trump to withdraw:
Murkowski Alaska
Jeff Flake of Arizona,
Mark Kirk of Illinois,
Mike Lee of Utah,
Ben Sasse of Nebraska,
Mike Coffman of Colorado,

GOP Senators and US House Reps calling for withdraw
Barbara Comstock of Virginia,
Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania
Fred Upton of Michigan
Bradley Byrne of Alabama
Martha Roby of Alabama
Scott Garrett of New Jersey
Sen. Mike Crapo of Idaho
Mike Coffman of Colorado
Joe Heck of Nevada
Cory Gardner of Colorado
Mia Love of Utah
Mike Coffman of Colorado
Dan Sullivan of Alaska
Shelley Moore Capito of W.Virginia
Deb Fischer of Nebraska
Ann Wagner of Missouri
Rodney Davis of Missouri
Chris Stewart of Utah
Cresent Hardy of Nevada
Justin Amash of Michigan

GOP US House Reps no longer endorse Trump:
Alabama Martha Roby and Bradley Byrne ,
Nevada Joe Heck and Cresent Hardy ,
Missouri Ann Wagner
Illinois Rodney Davis
New Jersey Scott Garrett
Utah Mia Love, Jason Chaffetz and Chris Stewart
Florida Tom Rooney

Please copy and paste adding missing and new GOP defections.

Note: Please only add top GOP politicians who say they no longer endorse Trump and/or will not vote for Trump or call for him to withdraw.

Primary Sources

cite: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...=2016-forecast

Here are the Republicans calling on Trump to drop out after 2005 audio was released.

List of Republicans who no longer support Trump
Message to all Trump supporters in theses states: Lets start a recall drive/petition to have every single one of these idiots recalled. They do not deserve to speak for us. We have something called the 1st amendment. It protects US citizens from censorship. What Trump said 11 years ago in a private conversation is protected speech. The fact that these government idiots think its ok in their roles as REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PEOPLE to inject their own petty opinions in this just goes to show how little they care about America.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:18 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,131,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Oh i don't want Trump to step down. That's the LAST thing I want. I want (and fully expect) Trump to spiral down all the way to election day, taking all the other GOP candidates for office down with him. Then I want (and fully expect) the GOP to tear itself apart with endless finger-pointing and recriminations. It's going to be sooooooooooo much fun to watch.

The GOP is getting EXACTLY what it deserves.

Ken
Spot on commentary here. I absolutely do not want Trump to step aside. We need to take this embarrassment of riches (Dems are really enjoying this) all the way to Election Day. He is the gutter beast you created, now you MUST live with him at least for another 30 days or so. Oh how I am so giddy watching the GOP squirm in sheer agony over Trump. You made your bed, you lie in it.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:19 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,308,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Message to all Trump supporters in theses states: Lets start a recall drive/petition to have every single one of these idiots recalled. They do not deserve to speak for us. We have something called the 1st amendment. It protects US citizens from censorship. What Trump said 11 years ago in a private conversation is protected speech. The fact that these government idiots think its ok in their roles as REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PEOPLE to inject their own petty opinions in this just goes to show how little they care about America.
[And with that message, tin-foil-hat wearers around the world shout their battle cry.]

By the power of Greyskull...I have the power!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections