Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 10:22 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,394,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Who cares if someone does some drugs, that's not even on the same plane as bragging about assaulting women. And no, it isn't two different things, the words (which portray his actions) show his mentality and mindset, in addition to his actions..

Comparing that to someone that smoked weed or whatever, that by the way, ISN'T RUNNING FOR OFFICE, is beyond ridiculous.
If it was good for slick Billy C , why can't it be ok for old Donald?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 10:23 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,110,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This board leans heavily to the right so I'm not surprised that they think Trump won.
except the poll for the last debate had Hillary ahead

Old 10-09-2016, 10:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
What questions do people here actually think Trump was right about? He was totally wrong about the pre-existing condition question -- removing state boundaries has nothing to do with pre-existing conditions. He was wrong about climate change. He didn't even answer most questions.
You're absolutely right about pre-existing conditions. I got my health insurance license in 2002, but I soon became very emotional and frustrated because of the number of people who couldn't find affordable insurance. It's like telling someone, "Sorry, but your life isn't really as important as profits." Insurance companies already competed with each other before Obamacare. However, their first obligation is to their shareholders, not their policyholders. We shouldn't have a for-profit system when it comes to our health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I honestly don't see how someone could have watched that debate and thought Trump won. The vast majority of his answers were irrelevant attacks on Clinton that had nothing to do with the actual question.
People think he won because he didn't have a complete meltdown. He not only acted like a bully and was on the attack for most of the 90 minutes, he didn't answer the questions.

His lack of knowledge on foreign policy is astonishing. I mean, when a journalist has to explain military strategy to a presidential candidate, you know there's a problem.

2,974 posts, read 1,987,179 times
well i'll be...she lied?..................lol

5,940 posts, read 3,578,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Did you listen to his words?

He bragged about assaulting women!

Who cares if someone does some drugs, that's not even on the same plane as bragging about assaulting women. And no, it isn't two different things, the words (which portray his actions) show his mentality and mindset, in addition to his actions..

Comparing that to someone that smoked weed or whatever, that by the way, ISN'T RUNNING FOR OFFICE, is beyond ridiculous.

Did you see Bills face when Trump was talking about the women there that he said Bill had assaulted and she had attacked for them saying so? Precious. And she didn't deny it.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:26 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times
I find it interesting that Trump brought up upstate NY several times because in New York politics they are left behind. It's city, maybe Long Island and that's it. I think it was effective but it would be far more effective should he have mentioned names.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:26 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,016,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
If it was good for slick Billy C , why can't it be ok for old Donald?

Bill Clinton isn't running for office.

Where is the tape of him saying he sexually assaults women that came out before his election?

I was voting age then, I don't recall that. Do you?

Not, that it matters, he isn't running.

There is a reason this board is called StormFrontLight.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:27 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,420,717 times
Trump had two shining moments of real statesmanship tonight. First, when he apologized on live TV for his "locker room talk" at the very beginning of the debate. (And it was a real apology, not a pseudo-apology as Hillary did when she said her use of a private server was a "mistake" and "she wouldn't do it again.) And second at the very end when both candidates were asked to name something about their opponent that they admired. Trump said he admired Hillary because she doesn't quit. The best Hillary could do was say she admired Trump's children. Hillary showed her pettiness by her inability to come up with a personal trait of Trump's that she admires.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times
I think mentioning the Ethiopian boy was effective by Hillary. It shows and plays to the narrative that kids are listening to Trump, even Clinton to an extent.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:28 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,873,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Y
People think he won because he didn't have a complete meltdown. He not only acted like a bully and was on the attack for most of the 90 minutes, he didn't answer the questions.

His lack of knowledge on foreign policy is astonishing. I mean, when a journalist has to explain foreign policy strategy to a presidential candidate, you know there's a problem.
He gave little mini-stump speeches, but rarely addressed the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections