Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 11:55 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
During the debate last night she touted her experience, part of which was "helping Latinos register to vote."
I've been a registered voter for years so I didn't need help with registration.

Quote:
How does that help them? It helps her because they tend to vote Democrat.
I do but I am very liberal, not a democrat though. I am open to vote for other parties if they have a good agenda and a chance to win.

Quote:
It won't put food on their table. It won't give them a job, unless she pays them to vote for her.
I don't expect any of the candidates Trump or Clinton to give me a job or put food on my table. I don't need a job, I have one already and we have food in our pantry and freezer. No one has to "pay" me to vote for them. I guess you assume that every hispanic is broke, hungry and unemployed. Oh yeah I forgot Trump thinks all blacks and hispanics live in crime-ridden inner cities.
Spoiler
I don't live in a crime-ridden inner city

Quote:
If Trump gets elected and does what he says he will do, he will help them more than she ever could. More jobs is the rising tide that lifts all boats.
I don't believe in Trickle-down economics so there goes your theory.

I do like his trade promises however I am not gonna trade those for the other things he is promising like censor the media, bomb the sXXX out of some nations, jail his opponents, law and order crap.

And I simply don't like his character. I don't like he is pandering to bigots, that he brags about sexually assaulting people. I don't think I could vote for someone with that character even if he was promising me the moon and stars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 01:23 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
During the debate last night she touted her experience, part of which was "helping Latinos register to vote." How does that help them? It helps her because they tend to vote Democrat. It won't put food on their table. It won't give them a job, unless she pays them to vote for her.

If Trump gets elected and does what he says he will do, he will help them more than she ever could. More jobs is the rising tide that lifts all boats.
Yeah, he will help them, all right. He'll help them get of the deportation busses for a 1-way trip through a 30 foot high wall. Those with birth certificates will be "severely vetted".

Old 10-11-2016, 01:33 AM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump called Mexicans "rapists and murderers". He made no distinction between "legal" and "illegal"; you made that up.

Oh, well that's very generous of him! Not every single Mexican is a rapist! What a nice guy; I guess he really isn't a bigot, then!

No, you made that up. Hispanic voters are overwhelmingly pro-Hillary.
No YOU "made it up".

Trump stands by statements on Mexican illegal immigrants, surprised by backlash | Fox News

Quotes from the article:

“The crime is raging and it’s violent. And if you talk about it, it’s racist,” Trump told Fox News, three days after a purported illegal Mexican immigrant deported five previous times allegedly killed a woman in San Francisco.

and this:

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best,” he said during the announcement. “They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

--------------------------------------

He was talking about illegal aliens. Reasonably intelligent people know that. His remarks were in response to Kate Steinle's murder at the hands of an illegal who had been deported several times---an illegal who said he chose to come to San Francisco because it was a sanctuary city for illegals.

If you don't think that there are "rapists" and "murderers" among the illegals who either sneak across the border or overstay a visa, then you are really naive.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:38 AM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
What a bunch of sour grapes from the Trumpettes. You traded in Hispanophobia, is it no wonder Latinos don't vote for you? Even Republican leaning Cuban Americans in Florida are trending away.
Gee how tolerant of you to paint all Trump supporters as having "Hispanophobia"./sarcasm. How bigoted of you! I'm of Hispanic descent and voting for Trump---and guess what? I'm not alone.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No YOU "made it up".

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best,” he said during the announcement. “They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

He was talking about illegal aliens. Reasonably intelligent people know that. His remarks were in response to Kate Steinle's murder at the hands of an illegal who had been deported several times---an illegal who said he chose to come to San Francisco because it was a sanctuary city for illegals.

If you don't think that there are "rapists" and "murderers" among the illegals who either sneak across the border or overstay a visa, then you are really naive.
She's right but you will never admit it. He didn't say "illegal aliens" he said the people that Mexico sends. That is EXACTLY what he said. "when Mexico sends its people" That statement was written with that intent. To pander to white nationalists.

I'm not an illegal alien, I don't have any friends who are illegal(that I'm aware of), I'm not even Mexican and that comment was the one that started my deep hate for Trump. I was livid when I heard him say that. Well when I found out about the birther crap I was disappointed but I didn't really pay much attention to that nonsense.

And by the way I am not the only one. Millions of hispanics feel the same way. If you wanna call us "less intelligent" be my guest. I don't care. I am just telling you how many of us feel. IF you want to believe I am a rare case, believe what you want but the polls say otherwise.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:54 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,714,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
She's right but you will never admit it. He didn't say "illegal aliens" he said the people that Mexico sends. That is EXACTLY what he said. "when Mexico sends its people" That statement was written with that intent. To pander to white nationalists.

I'm not an illegal alien, I don't have any friends who are illegal(that I'm aware of), I'm not even Mexican and that comment was the one that started my deep hate for Trump. Well when I found out about the birther crap I was disappointed but I didn't really pay much attention to that nonsense.

And by the way I am not the only one. Millions of hispanics feel the same way. If you wanna call us "less intelligent" be my guest. I don't care. I am just telling you how many of us feel. IF you want to believe I am a rare case, believe what you want but the polls say otherwise.
"deep hate".

when you go low, we go high.

#TRUMP/PENCE16

Old 10-11-2016, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
"deep hate".

when you go low, we go high.

#TRUMP/PENCE16
I don't care. That's how I feel about Trump. I don't sugarcoat it. He is a horrible human being and every day he keeps reminding me how disgusting he is.

Trump: "I can assault women because I am a star" how despicable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY8FwWwIVyQ

Old 10-11-2016, 05:46 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,978,336 times
This election is about waking up the masses to how the elites have been manipulating our world to keep people in the dark, fed like mushrooms, complacent and malleable, for their own gain - monetarily and in power. Sounds a bit futuristic doesn't it ... but though many of us who never quite went to sleep didn't expect this to be 'the election' for this to happen, it is.

We didn't know Trump would come along ... we had no clue who the person would be that would have sufficient ability, courage and influence to stand up and stir the pot .. but it seems he has. Till last year it would never have occurred to me it would be this particular man, believe me. He is not perfect .. none of us are ... he is not a 'saviour' ... but on so many scores he is right and if you cannot/will not see that, you are not only dooming yourselves, but everyone else too. I have no idea why you would want to do that to mankind, to yourselves, to your children, but, you are doing it.

Those who remain asleep are backing the aristocracy - and it is difficult for those of us who have perhaps thought many of you were actually reasonably bright human beings to understand how, in the face of truth coming out of every pore in the nation (and world) right now, you just cannot or will not see that this is probably the one opportunity we will have to begin to fix the mess and put the people back in charge of their own minds and destinies.

Yeah, I know that sounds a bit grandiose, outlandish, far fetched but it isn't. The fact that you cannot see it though is frightening - if you cannot see it .. they won. And you will lose as much as the rest of us. You can't see it now but you will ... and I suspect that time will not be that far in the future now.

It is sort of ironic that those who see themselves as the only ones who actually care about people world wide .. are so selfish that they would refuse to even try to open their eyes to how they have been duped and they would do anything to try to hurt those who are trying to wake them up to reality. The desperation on your side is palpable, and your anger is actually even more proof that I am probably correct in what I am saying.

You want to nitpick individual words and truths but miss the broad concepts entirely. You are determined to slander and libel anyone who doesn't think as you do - and you do it with glee. You are not you any more already .. this is what you have been 'taught to do' .. you are not free any more even though I know you think you are. You are like children and yet you profess to be the grown ups. You will deny the truth, support the lies and you have no real insight or understanding of much of anything. You think you value difference and diversity and yet you are the greatest conformists, under the thumb of bosses you have never met, leading your 'team' down the path over the cliff. You are robots. And that is exactly how Hillary and her ilk want you to be .. you are 'conforming' to their script, taking the bait .. hook, line and sinker. You have lost yourselves. And you only have yourselves to blame.

The fact is that unless one is truly wishing for 'one world' with no borders, no countries, no differences (again ironic because you value 'diversity' so much, don't you?) where over time everyone will look alike, walk in lock step, submit to a few rulers in their ivory palace who just issue edicts and collect the fruits of your labours for themselves, leaving you to fend for yourselves in the gutter of your own making ... that is exactly where we are heading if we allow the indoctrination and the corruption to continue. What you will get is homogeneity, a mass of people being starved for the few, in the end.

I happen to actually LIKE the differences between individuals and groups of people, between countries and their unique perspectives on how to take care of their own people (though not all do it well .. there is still hope they too will wake up eventually). I value the differences in culture, in language, in thought, in appearance, in ability, in character. That for me is what makes this world go round - and, I still believe that many of you are doing this quite innocently though I guess I could be wrong - maybe you truly are malicious and hateful, you would destroy that for all of us ... by simply being too lazy or selfish to even try to see what is going on here and now, in this election.

So .. the Hispanics .. as a group, I want them to keep their language, their culture, their uniqueness as a people. But, that won't happen if they all come here or we just open the borders so we spill over everywhere around the world into their countries too. We don't do the good Hispanics any favours if we let them just wander willy-nilly into our country. We don't do ourselves any favours either. And we become lawless even if we have laws if we don't enforce them. And lawlessness is dangerous if it is rampant. It is easier to maintain our identities if we have boundaries. There are procedures in place (for good reason) for the movement of people between nations. Sometimes they need to be tweeked as things change but to get rid of them entirely, which is really what is suggested by the people we have in government now and that will be continued under Hillary, is ludicrous. This kind of thing will destroy us all in the end. THINK, friends! Is that what YOU truly want for yourselves and your children?

Last edited by Aery11; 10-11-2016 at 06:02 AM..

Old 10-11-2016, 05:56 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,354,096 times
Quote:
No YOU "made it up".
I don't know what you're arguing as your own quote show EXACTLY that Trump called Mexicans "rapists and murderers". He made no distinction between whether they're documented or undocumented.
Quote:
He was talking about illegal aliens. Reasonably intelligent people know that.
No, you're lying. And it doesn't even make any sense, because the statement is 100% racist regardless. Trump has never distinguished between legal and illegal immigrantion. He's been clear he wants to stop immigration.

Saying "Blacks are all rapists and murderers" isn't a non-racist statement if your intent is just to call those blacks without immigration papers "rapists and murders". You don't get your racism excused because you're targeting some subgroup within a larger group.

Quote:
No one ever said that. Of course there is a "rapist" or "murderer" in any class of millions of people. That has nothing to do with anything.

Doesn't mean you demonize a whole group of people and seek to destroy their families and remove them from the country because your blatant racism. Has there ever been a ballet coach or soccer mom or firefighter convicted of "rape" or "murder"? Of course. That doesn't mean we're going to start mass deportation of soccer moms.

And Trump Nation's hatred of immigrants and minorities has nothing to do with crime.

Undocumented immigrants commit crimes at something like 1/5 the level of legal American citizens. If we removed people from the U.S. based on crime stats, we would have to remove native-born Americans first, who are the people actually committing the crimes.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:56 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
"I don't get what she sees in him". You often hear boy and girls express such sentiments vis-a-vis members of the opposite sex. Usually, sour grapes. Here, too.

Mick
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hillary is for amnesty to millions of illegal aliens that will be then allowed to directly compete for the jobs that many Hispanics and Blacks now have. There are only so many jobs to go around.

Hillary doesn't care and Trump was right last night that every 4 years the Dems promise so much to the minority groups to get their votes then nothing happens. When will these groups catch on to these lies?
If they listened to anything other that the liberal media, they would know how concerned those who came here legally are about being pushed out of their jobs by the illegals once they are able to work legally. One perk has been those employers who e-verify. Also, many legal immigrants operate small businesses that will be competing against illegals.

Quote:
Um, for one, Hillary doesn't call them "rapists and murderers" and doesn't want to tear apart millions of Hispanic families. That would be a pretty good reason for Hispanics to vote for her over him.
And neither does Trump. Trump was addressing the criminals, illegal aliens. All of them are criminals. Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial and Examples of Serious Crimes By Illegal Aliens and Mexican Rapists – United States Illegal Alien Crime Report

While I realize that Hillary's supporters have to deny the truth, the rest of us that live in the real world do not have to deny the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Have you ever heard that there is a difference between 'legal' and 'illegal' 'immigrants'? And Trump also knows .. has said many times .. that not all illegals are murderers and rapists .. just as not all of the legal population is entirely wonderful either.

Many legal Hispanics (who jumped through all the time-consuming and financially constraining hoops needed to come to the US legally) DO support Trump. Apparently they are smarter than you.
But, the legal population are our citizens and not criminals to start out with like the illegals.

Quote:
Oh, and this ignorant, bigoted post reminds me of another good reasons Hispanics are generally for Hillary- Her opponent is basically running a racist campaign, and his hard-core supporters are pretty much all bigots themselves.
"Generally" for? Maybe but not at the numbers you need. Trump is not running a racist campaign. So, define "bigot" and also "racist". Hillary is the racist running: She admires Margaret Sanger who promoted abortion as eugenics (look it up), and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib_VIGWFufk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0uCrA7ePno

Quote:
Trump called Mexicans "rapists and murderers". He made no distinction between "legal" and "illegal"; you made that up.

Oh, well that's very generous of him! Not every single Mexican is a rapist! What a nice guy; I guess he really isn't a bigot, then!

No, you made that up. Hispanic voters are overwhelmingly pro-Hillary.
Keep in mind two things: (1) Only about 40% of Hispanic/Latinos in the US are even qualified to vote (2) Hispanic/Latino are the least likely demographic to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Why would anyone need help registering to vote? There's a section for voter registration on every form you have to fill out at the DMV. That would include a non drivers license if they can't or don't want to drive.

You have to be pretty unmotivated to register to vote if you aren't doing it on your own.
Illegals are afraid to go to register and this encourages them. Many have stolen identities of citizens, thus dead people voting. It also leaves a trail if we decide to enforce our immigration laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal aliens tear their own families apart by violating our immigration laws. They don't need to be torn apart anyway they can all return to the homeland together family intact. No one should be able to use their families as pawns to escape justice from the law. American law breakers sure can't. Are families with illegals in them, special?
Exactly. Who is crying over the 1 million non-violent prisoners that left family members behind, many that fell victim to the Clinton crime bill that was enacted (private prison industry is a big donor for the Clintons) as many of their children have entered the foster care system or live in poverty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
What a bunch of sour grapes from the Trumpettes. You traded in Hispanophobia, is it no wonder Latinos don't vote for you? Even Republican leaning Cuban Americans in Florida are trending away.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. As we know, illegal aliens broke the law and became criminals when they crossed into the US without authorization. Now, we do know that Democrats that have stayed with Clinton do not respect our laws and celebrate anyone that gets over.

Quote:
No YOU "made it up".

Trump stands by statements on Mexican illegal immigrants, surprised by backlash | Fox News

Quotes from the article:

“The crime is raging and it’s violent. And if you talk about it, it’s racist,” Trump told Fox News, three days after a purported illegal Mexican immigrant deported five previous times allegedly killed a woman in San Francisco.

and this:

They know who he was talking about. We have been through it many times. If they can support the crimes of Hillary, it should be easy for them to overlook the crimes of the illegals. No respect for our country or our laws equals a Hillary supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post

I'm not an illegal alien, I don't have any friends who are illegal(that I'm aware of), I'm not even Mexican and that comment was the one that started my deep hate for Trump. I was livid when I heard him say that. Well when I found out about the birther crap I was disappointed but I didn't really pay much attention to that nonsense.

Only 40% of the Hispanic/Latinos qualify to vote and are the least likely to show up. You know he was talking about illegal aliens by his stand on the issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections