Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 08:47 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times

Advertisements

Mexico only "sends" illegal aliens. They don't "send" legal immigrants. Legal immigrants come here on their own with authorization papers in hand. Therefore, Trump was speaking of the illegal alien kind of Mexican not those who come here legally.

Latinos who support and defend illegal aliens spun Trump's words to fit their agenda. Only a candidate that promises to give their illegal amigos amnesty would get their vote aka Hillary Clinton. Only a minority of Hispanic citizens who respect the rule of law and don't have a self-serving agenda (and I respect those Hispanics) will vote for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 10:43 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,017,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Mexico only "sends" illegal aliens. They don't "send" legal immigrants. Legal immigrants come here on their own with authorization papers in hand. Therefore, Trump was speaking of the illegal alien kind of Mexican not those who come here legally.

Latinos who support and defend illegal aliens spun Trump's words to fit their agenda. Only a candidate that promises to give their illegal amigos amnesty would get their vote aka Hillary Clinton. Only a minority of Hispanic citizens who respect the rule of law and don't have a self-serving agenda (and I respect those Hispanics) will vote for Trump.
Mexico doesn't send anybody, having pamphlets so that some of you population doesn't die from exposure in the desert is not encouraging illegal immigration is having humanity.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:48 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,460,602 times
How come nobody ever talks about the gazillions of legal and multi-generational throngs of Mexican-Americans?

The way some of you talk, the only people of Mexican heritage in the USA are illegals.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:07 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Gee how tolerant of you to paint all Trump supporters as having "Hispanophobia"./sarcasm. How bigoted of you! I'm of Hispanic descent and voting for Trump---and guess what? I'm not alone.
Yeah sure whatever. You sound just like my sister, everyone in my family is pro Hillary except her, and she is coincidentally married to a white Republican

Old 10-11-2016, 11:57 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hillary is for amnesty to millions of illegal aliens that will be then allowed to directly compete for the jobs that many Hispanics and Blacks now have. There are only so many jobs to go around.

Hillary doesn't care and Trump was right last night that every 4 years the Dems promise so much to the minority groups to get their votes then nothing happens. When will these groups catch on to these lies?

Wrong.

Hillary has a work program retraining that will help millions of workers update their skill and get HIGHER paying jobs.

You guys are always setting these low bars and low expectation, that's your problem. We don't want Americans to have to settle for picking fruits in farms. We want them working in skilled jobs that pay high wages.

Millions of well paid jobs go unfilled because companies cannot find qualified applicants. But you guys want to send our unemployed to the cotton farm. This is why you right-wingers always run the economy to the ground.

America has near record 5.6 million job openings - Feb. 9, 2016

5.6 Million Reasons to Stop Ignoring the Skills Gap | Mike Rowe

Old 10-11-2016, 01:06 PM

22,484 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yeah sure whatever. You sound just like my sister, everyone in my family is pro Hillary except her, and she is coincidentally married to a white Republican

Puerto Rican is NOT a race---and you know it, too. So why point out that your BIL is "white"? All you had to say is that he isn't Puerto Rican.

Just because everybody in your family, except for your sister, is "pro-Hillary" doesn't mean that all families are like yours. Are you also saying that your sister can't think for herself? Stereotype much, do you?

Old 10-11-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:

Puerto Rican is NOT a race---and you know it, too. So why point out that your BIL is "white"? All you had to say is that he isn't Puerto Rican.

Just because everybody in your family, except for your sister, is "pro-Hillary" doesn't mean that all families are like yours. Are you also saying that your sister can't think for herself? Stereotype much, do you?
It's called identifying trends. If a huge majority are one way, and you have outliers, let's face it the two of you are outliers, then you look for common themes. And one common theme I've noticed is that those minorities, especially women, that are hardcore Republican tend to have hardcore (almost always white) Republican husbands. It's the same crap that you can use to predict somebody's political leanings by the car they drive, what is their race,age, income, and education level. These are all facts

Old 10-11-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It's called identifying trends. If a huge majority are one way, and you have outliers, let's face it the two of you are outliers, then you look for common themes. And one common theme I've noticed is that those minorities, especially women, that are hardcore Republican tend to have hardcore (almost always white) Republican husbands. It's the same crap that you can use to predict somebody's political leanings by the car they drive, what is their race,age, income, and education level. These are all facts
So you claim

Once again, are you also claiming that your sister can't think for herself? That she is only supporting Trump because her husband is?

I'm an independent---not registered with either party---same with my husband. I don't vote like an automaton---you know, no voting the straight party line.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
How come nobody ever talks about the gazillions of legal and multi-generational throngs of Mexican-Americans?

The way some of you talk, the only people of Mexican heritage in the USA are illegals.

People do talk about Mexican-Americans. However, there are those on both sides of the aisle that hear "Mexican" and automatically assume "illegal alien"---however, most know that there are Mexican nationals who are legal immigrants.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
So you claim

Once again, are you also claiming that your sister can't think for herself? That she is only supporting Trump because her husband is?

I'm an independent---not registered with either party---same with my husband. I don't vote like an automaton---you know, no voting the straight party line.
Yes I am firmly convinced my sister would be a Democrat still if she met and married an apolitical man or another Democrat. A lot of Republican parents like to think their kids in high school are free thinking Republicans, but if you live in a right-wing echo chamber when you're a minor, it's hard to take your "impartiality" seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections