Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 02:48 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yes I am firmly convinced my sister would be a Democrat still if she met and married an apolitical man or another Democrat. A lot of Republican parents like to think their kids in high school are free thinking Republicans, but if you live in a right-wing echo chamber when you're a minor, it's hard to take your "impartiality" seriously.

When it comes to teenagers, they think what they want to think. I don't know if you raised teens. If you did, you would know what I'm talking about. Many teens think the opposite of what their parents think. If the parents are democrats, just to be ornery, the teen will say s/he likes republicans. If the parents are republicans, just to be ornery, the teen will say that s/he likes democrats.

It's a shame that your sister can't think for herself. However, just because she can't do so, don't automatically think that others in her position can't think for themselves. I imagine that you are now working overtime to try to get your sister to vote for Hillary, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 04:51 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Mexico doesn't send anybody, having pamphlets so that some of you population doesn't die from exposure in the desert is not encouraging illegal immigration is having humanity.

Come on, the Mexican government is encouraging their poor, unskilled and educated to come to the U.S. illegally. They don't have to deal with them then and they love all the dollars that are sent back to Mexico by them. The pamphlets are just thinly veiled as humanitarian gestures. If they really cared about these people they'd create jobs for them and a reason to remain there.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:59 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,601,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Far too many Hisprreanics have a tribal mentality. Hillary is promising amnesty for their illegal amigos, therefore they support her.
Ironic that this thread demonstrates a white, non thinking, tribal mentality.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Have you ever heard that there is a difference between 'legal' and 'illegal' 'immigrants'? And Trump also knows .. has said many times .. that not all illegals are murderers and rapists .. just as not all of the legal population is entirely wonderful either.

Many legal Hispanics (who jumped through all the time-consuming and financially constraining hoops needed to come to the US legally) DO support Trump. Apparently they are smarter than you.
Agreed and, "illegal alien" ain't a race. Neither is "Hispanic" and, neither is "Muslim".

Old 10-11-2016, 05:38 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Ironic that this thread demonstrates a white, non thinking, tribal mentality.
Seriously? There is no such race as "Mexican". Some Mexicans are white, others are Mestizos.

Besides, those who have illegal alien relatives are all for amnesty.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:52 PM

The way people speak about Hispanics. The ones I know, are so sophisticated. My wife Puerto Rican wife speaks Spanish, English, and Greek, having grown up with Greek Americans in the City. My grandfather left Puerto Rico at 16 to study in France and later served in the US army and became a evangelist in Quebec. The Mexicans and Ecuadorians I know have studied art at science and traveled extensively in Europe. Latins are from so many nations with so many stories. I had Peruvian classmates who had Chinese grandparents and spoke four languages. This stereotyping of latinos is embarrassing. Tribal minded, my buttucks. Do you know how often how often hispanics inter marry with those of diferent nations, Puerto Ricans with Cubans, or Ecuadorians, or Colombians. Yet, to you guys we are all beaners I guess. You guys are clueless who speak of Hispanics as you do.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:52 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
The way people speak about Hispanics. The ones I know, are so sophisticated. My wife Puerto Rican wife speaks Spanish, English, and Greek, having grown up with Greek Americans in the City. My grandfather left Puerto Rico at 16 to study in France and later served in the US army and became a evangelist in Quebec. The Mexicans and Ecuadorians I know have studied art at science and traveled extensively in Europe. Latins are from so many nations with so many stories. I had Peruvian classmates who had Chinese grandparents and spoke four languages. This stereotyping of latinos is embarrassing. Tribal minded, my buttucks. Do you know how often how often hispanics inter marry with those of diferent nations, Puerto Ricans with Cubans, or Ecuadorians, or Colombians. Yet, to you guys we are all beaners I guess. You guys are clueless who speak of Hispanics as you do.

Not all Hispanics are tribalistic but the fact remains that many of those here in the U.S. who have roots in Mexico and some other Latino countries are that way. Why do you think they hate Trump so much and vote Democrat these days? Why do you think that some politicians (mainly the Democrats) are falling all over themselves pandering to them with amnesty for those here illegally? Why are there so many Hispanic advocacy groups and marches for amnesty? Sorry, but the facts speak for themselves.

You are speaking of an entirely different class of Hispanic not mostly those that are here in our country.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Then you need to set la raza straight cause they don't like white or Black Hispanic people that much.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:17 PM

515 posts, read 558,997 times
Trump is the poster child for SELF ENTITLEMENT!

Old 10-12-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then you need to set la raza straight cause they don't like white or Black Hispanic people that much.
Funny, Hispanics are often a combination of Black and White ancestry. Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Venezuelans, Colombians, Dominicans, and others are. We are not some monolithic and tribal block. We are mostly bilingual if not tri lingual. People who speak more then one language or often more open minded and tolerant of other cultures. Most Americans are often not as open minded and fear people who are multi cultural and suspect them of divided loyalties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections