Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 11:06 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,698,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
It's the war of the douchebags. The only question is if you prefer yours in a pantsuit or with a comb-over.
I prefer mine to have four decades of experience and mastery of the facts, policies and international trends one needs to know to lead the most powerful nation on earth. Reality tv star and failed real estate developer may sound like a good resume for president to the average know nothing, but not to the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 11:10 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,433,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I've yet to read one criticism of Trump by his followers. Not one. He is their fantasy saviour, and they cannot bear to look too deeply into his history; their whole world would implode.
OK. I'll step up to the plate and take that challenge but with the caveat that I am not a Trump "follower". I arrived in his camp by default because the candidate I wanted to vote for did not enter the race and the others I accepted in his place all fell out in the primaries.

Here goes.......With Trump what you see is what you get--a brash, boorish, aggressive, loud mouthed, over-confident, ego- and testosterone-driven alpha male. He is a flawed human being with a history that has some bad chapters in it. He likes beautiful women and likes being around them. With his money and reasonable good looks (when he was much younger) women were probably throwing themselves at him. He may well have accepted some of what they were throwing at him, too. He says things he shouldn't and doesn't have much of a filter before shooting off his mouth. He is very much the New Yorker and has what I consider to be a typical New York personality--magnified exponentially. (Not criticizing New Yorkers and no offense is intended to anyone. Just calling it like I see it.) He was once a Democrat (or at least thought to be) but in New York it is expedient to be a Democrat. He drives a hard deal and has had both successes and failures in life. Some of those he has done business with speak poorly of him. He rubs a lot of people the wrong way but he doesn't give a hoot or a holler about that. With his money and personality he just blows it off.

Is that enough?

I won't even get started on the faults of the Clintons as comparison because I don't have that many years of life left to me to cover all of them.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:11 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,462,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
Why are libs ok with actual truly racist comments about white people, but if someone says "illegal alien" in reference to a Hispanic person that is in the country illegally they scream RACIST!!!!!!?
It was not a racist comment. I'm white, I can say whatever the **** I want about uneducated white trash. That does not make me racist against my own race.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:13 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,462,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
And Hillary's base is uneducated black trash.
Negative. Hillary is winning college and graduate educated voters. In fact, the level of eduction you have is inversely correlated with supporting the orange maniac.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:16 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,673,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Bill Clinton: Donald Trump base is 'your standard redneck' - Washington Times

Wow, the hate rhetoric out of this self-professed "we are the accepting one's" on the liberal/dem side is truly amazing. I thought this was a joke at first but it's all over the media now/seems valid. The same crew who are the first to cast everyone else as intolerant, generalizing, racist, etc. and look at this intolerant display of generalizing.

Hypocrite | Define Hypocrite at Dictionary.com

Hypocrite:

"a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs."

But apparently this intolerant crew are really showing once again their true intolerant side/deep hate for a large group of voters and generalizing once again. Good way to bring the country together dems/libs, by first using deplorable than rednecks. oops, sorry they'll probably say....sure you are.

A clinton calling others "rednecks".....besides the beyond stupid/generalizing term to call supporters of another candidate, it's a beyond stupid politically to insult the core supporters of any candidate.

And trump is the intolerant one/hateful one. Look in the mirror dems/libs/hil supporters......you're no better supporting this side than who you whine about so much in trump as being intolerant/generalizing. Glass houses/stones time once again seems to be a theme with this side.
Bill Clinton shocked the world with his adulterous affair in office. He has no place to judge anyone else.

Trump would at least try to lead. All his wife does is take up space, spend other people's money, and fail at nearly everything she has tried.

Standard redneck #6,312,089

Old 10-13-2016, 08:19 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,174,212 times
You know how blacks can call each other "ni***a" because it is a term of endearment among each other? And white people be like, "Hey, I want to call them ni**er", too!! No fair!!"

It's kinda like that.

Mick

Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 PM

2,097 posts, read 1,433,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
You know how blacks can call each other "ni***a" because it is a term of endearment among each other? And white people be like, "Hey, I want to call them ni**er", too!! No fair!!"

It's kinda like that.

Mick
Minorities don't want equality. They want special privileges.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:49 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,174,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Minorities don't want equality. They want special privileges.
Couldn't compete? I am sorry.

Mick

Old 10-14-2016, 01:46 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,280,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, for your perusal.

A chip off the old block, supporters and mouthpieces of the party on the same page.

Like defends like.

More hypocrisy at it's clearest, all in one post.

It's NOT hypocrisy, It's Principle. I know you are not familiar with Principles, but follow along.

I will absolutely DEFEND your right to lie and spin. I will gladly let you exercise your right to be stupid and dumb.

But I will also, at the same time, exercise my right to expose your stupid ideas and to pole holes in your logic.

This is OT hypocrisy, it's NOT EVEN in the ballpark of hypocrisy; using facts to defeat lies is one of the PRINCIPLE Of liberals. It's part of the First Amendment, and it only seems like hypocrisy to you because you apparently is not a fan of other people exercising their freedom of speech.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:50 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,753,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
In that link, Bill Clinton called himself a redneck.

Direct quote from Bill Clinton:

“You know, I’m basically your standard redneck,” he said to roaring laughter. “I was the first person who ever went to college in my family.”
Don't disturb these folks with truth and reality. It upsets them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections