Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 04:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,361,435 times

Advertisements

Perhaps those of us who have been Tweeting Ryan and Reince have not been doing it in vain. Also, the revelation that Hillary disdains Christians and Christianity (we really new it). Yet, she talks about religious freedom with regard to Muslims as though she's a First Amendment hawk. She's a hypocrite, to say the least.

Paul Ryan on the recent revelation of what Hillary really thinks about Catholics and evangelicals:
"The Clinton campaign’s disdain for the Catholic faith and Christian evangelicals is staggering. Catholicism has been the catalyst for the creation of hospitals, orphanages, and much of the university system across the world. To disparage the Catholic Church as ‘severely backwards’ is an insult to millions of people across the nation. If anything, these statements reveal the Clinton campaign’s hostile attitude toward people of faith in general. This is the United States of America—for centuries, people fled to our shores to find refuge from religious persecution. All Americans of faith should take a long, hard look at this and decide if these are the values we want to be represented in our next president. If Hillary Clinton continues to employ people with biased and bigoted views, it’s clear where her priorities lie."

Paul Ryan Comes to Heel Behind Donald Trump Again, Begins Pushing Trump Campaign Narrative on Hillary Clinton's Catholic Smears - Breitbart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 05:03 PM

30,385 posts, read 23,854,690 times
Paul Ryan just needs to get on over to the Democratic party where he belongs. He is no Conservative. We don't need these wishy washy politicians who are going to run every time they get their panties in a twist, and then come slithering back when something that the Hillary camp says hits close to home.

It's all or nothing, Paul Ryan. Go pound sand.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:06 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,994,917 times
Paul Ryan is not with Trump, he is campaigning for 2020.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:34 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,279,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Paul Ryan just needs to get on over to the Democratic party where he belongs. He is no Conservative. We don't need these wishy washy politicians who are going to run every time they get their panties in a twist, and then come slithering back when something that the Hillary camp says hits close to home.

It's all or nothing, Paul Ryan. Go pound sand.
Paul Ryan is just Hillary in a a man suit.

He is of course younger , but him a few more years and he will be as corrupt as the best of them.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:35 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,465,538 times
Paul Ryan will be in the House long after Trump is gone for good.
He was first elected in 1998, 18 years ago, and is only 46 now. 9 terms is as close as it gets to solid incumbency in the House, and he loves representing his district. At 46, he's now at the age when most Representatives are elected for the first time.

Does he love the Speakership, though? Not so much. He tried every way he could to avoid accepting that job, but as a good Republican, and the party's last hope, he took it. Throw enough rocks at him and he'll quit. And go back to representing just his district. Firing him as Speaker won't lose him his job as Representative.

Then who you gonna call?
Everyone who wanted the job couldn't get enough caucus put together to get elected to it, and things haven't changed a lick since then.

Screwing it up a 3rd time sends the entirely wrong message to the voters, so if Ryan quits, there's a good chance the fed-up voters will give the Democrats another shot at running the House in 2018, just as they did in 2006 and 2010, when they swung one way and then the other in big swings both times.

The voters do that in the House- flip it from one party to the other all the time. If they think the House will stick to its do-nothing ways once more for another 2 years, they could do it again.

It could possibly go to the Democrats this time, although it's not likely, and you wouldn't have to worry about Ryan, because he would lose his Speakership anyway. Guess who you would see swinging the gavel again if it happens... it won't be John Boehner, that's for sure.

So go ahead and beat Ryan up and watch him quit. it would make a lot of Democrats really happy.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:40 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,492,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Paul Ryan will be in the House long after Trump is gone for good.
He was first elected in 1998, 18 years ago, and is only 46 now. 9 terms is as close as it gets to solid incumbency in the House, and he loves representing his district.

The Speakership, though? Not so much. He tried every way he could to avoid accepting that job, but as a good Republican, and the party's last hope, he took it.
Throw enough rocks at him and he'll quit. And go back to representing just his district.

Then who you gonna call? Everyone who wanted the job couldn't get enough caucus put together to get elected to it, and things haven't changed a lick since then. Screwing it up a 3rd time sends the entirely wrong message to the voters, so if Ryan quits, theres' another good chance the fed-up voters will give the Democrats another shot at running the House in 2018, just as they did in 2006 and 2010.
The voters do that in the House- flip it from one party to the other all the time. If they think the House will stick to its do-nothing ways once more,

It could go to the Democrats this time, and you wouldn't have to worry about Ryan, because he would lose his speakership anyway. Guess who you would see swinging the gavel again... it won't be John Boehner, that's for sure...

So go ahead and beat Ryan up and make a lot of Democrats really happy.
Like Three wolves in Snow mentioned above, he's just a wishy washy RINO, bought and sold, following what his donors tell him to do and is in your club dem camp as far as I can tell for he certainly is helping the "Extremely careless" one get elected. Don't be so harsh on him.

And worse, no matter his party identity confusion, he ain't serving you or me like most politcians.

Hey, speaking of which....did they pass a law where confused politicians can use any bathroom of their wishing like king clown did recently? Perhaps call it the political party confusion syndrome, PPCS, bill?

Old 10-13-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Like Three wolves in Snow mentioned above, he's just a wishy washy RINO, bought and sold, following what his donors tell him to do and and is in your club dem camp. Don't be so harsh on him.

And worse, no matter his party identity confusion, he ain't serving you or me like most politcians.

Hey....do they pass laws where confused politicians can use any bathroom of their wishing like king clown did recently?
Thinking he's wishy-washy is just fine with me.

You're so busy running around RINO hunting, you're not looking where you are going. If you stumble, you're gonna knock out all your front teeth.

And Nancy Pelosi will be smilin' while you are busy bleeding at the mouth.

But have it your way; I sure won't interfere.
I lean Democratic most of the time, and my Representative is a Republican who, for a very long time, has been RINO proof because, like Ryan, he's extremely popular in his district.

I've voted for him in every election he's ever run in, for over 20 years now. I have no worries or dogs in this hunt. My guy will be elected again any way it flops. And he's way too smart to take the Speaker's job.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:05 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,655,568 times
Quote:

So go ahead and beat Ryan up and watch him quit. it would make a lot of Democrats really happy.
Evidently i need to spread some rep around before I can tag you again, but man - that was one hell of a good post. Fantastic post.

I'm no Democrat, but if I were, I'd figure it was win/win either way. If he stays as speaker, the Dems get at least 2 more years of a weak, ineffectual speaker who simply is not cut out for leadership - but if he quits, they get someone even worse.

So play it any way you like, Republicans. And thank you - once again - for your help.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:09 AM

30,385 posts, read 23,854,690 times
Quote:
Thinking he's wishy-washy is just fine with me.

You're so busy running around RINO hunting, you're not looking where you are going. If you stumble, you're gonna knock out all your front teeth.

And Nancy Pelosi will be smilin' while you are busy bleeding at the mouth.

But have it your way; I sure won't interfere.
I lean Democratic most of the time, and my Representative is a Republican who, for a very long time, has been RINO proof because, like Ryan, he's extremely popular in his district.

I've voted for him in every election he's ever run in, for over 20 years now. I have no worries or dogs in this hunt. My guy will be elected again any way it flops. And he's way too smart to take the Speaker's job.
You don't seem to understand, which I wouldn't expect a Dem to get since they only care about the D.

I don't care if Paul Ryan runs on the Republican ticket. I will do exactly to him what I did with Romney in 2012: Vote for someone else. I don't vote letter. I vote for a person. I'm not kicking in any teeth, I'm telling my own party "NO!"

You didn't see Romney win, did you? Some of us are working on more than just electing presidents. Some of us remember that the government works for US, we do not work for them. I'm not so sure that Ds remember that.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You don't seem to understand, which I wouldn't expect a Dem to get since they only care about the D.

I don't care if Paul Ryan runs on the Republican ticket. I will do exactly to him what I did with Romney in 2012: Vote for someone else. I don't vote letter. I vote for a person. I'm not kicking in any teeth, I'm telling my own party "NO!"

You didn't see Romney win, did you? Some of us are working on more than just electing presidents. Some of us remember that the government works for US, we do not work for them. I'm not so sure that Ds remember that.
I vote for the person, not the party, too. You're wrong if you think all Democrats don't do the this. Or Republicans, for that matter.

Like I said, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I can't vote for Ryan because I don't live in his district and have no plans to move there, ever.

I didn't say anything about kicking someone's teeth in. I said tripping while RINO hunting could cause a fall, and break them out, not kick them out.

But if you want to kick Ryan's teeth out figuratively, have at it. Whether he stays or goes is no concern of mine.

But it should be one of yours, as he is, after all, the Speaker of the House of Representatives. The 3rd in line to the Presidency, and the closest the Republicans are gonna get to the White House this election.

And the Republican House majority is such a lousy bunch of hang-around bandits they couldn't find anyone else to take the job of leading them except Ryan, and they had to twist his arm before he would take it.

Who else is any better? Who else got enough Repub Representative's votes than him? Do you remember their first choice quit right away, before he even spent a day at it? Can you come up with any Representative who is better and is more willing?

It's not like they didn't look high and low for an alternative, after all. Maybe there's some magic white knight hiding in a closet no one knows of, but if you have someone else in mind, have your way and talk to your own Rep about getting that guy hired for the job.

Makes no difference to me, any way it spins, but it seems to upset you. Cut off your nose to spite your face. Whatever... I won't stand in your way, but I'll loan you my pocket knife if you don't have one of your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections