Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Trump presidential candidate see the worst in US history?
Yes 102 66.23%
No 52 33.77%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 07:59 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,733,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I think it is without question especially if you're considering a major party candidacy.
I think the CAMPAIGN isn't so great, but the man would be one of our greatest presidents. I can go into a long winded discussion why i think so, but i'm sure you're all sick of me already, so i'll end it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 08:01 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,660,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again - - Donald Trump is the worst presidential candidate in US history. This isn't even an argument.

He has the temperament of Veruca Salt, the aspirations of a fascist dictator, and the brains of Sarah Palin (arguably dumber).

A horrible candidate and a horrible human being.
Great summary!

Old 10-14-2016, 08:46 PM

8,727 posts, read 11,137,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
trump/clinton is the worst in history.

This election is so bad i think americans are entitled to a do-over.
+1

Its a battle of the horrible.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:47 PM

26,664 posts, read 15,218,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I think it is without question especially if you're considering a major party candidacy.
Hillary's must be in the running for 2nd worst?

Old 10-14-2016, 08:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,733,121 times
Not only is his campaign one of the worst, he would undoubtedly be one of the worst presidents in history. Hillary may not be a great campaigner, but she has shown herself to be a good politician who works very well with people across the aisle. I have no confidence at all that Trump would be able to work with his political opponents.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:54 PM

20,320 posts, read 37,332,494 times
In my view new generations of Americans lack common sense. If you want to be perceived as the best candidate ever, you must have the news media on your side. If you don't, you will be the worst candidate.

See...if you have a hold to the media, from FaceBook to all the media outlets out there, you can easily persuade those who are uninformed to believe anything you say. You can even have history re-written to make you look good.

It's all a show with smoke and mirrors, and we are too stupid to think clearly. Old farts like me can clearly see the changes the US has gone through for decades now, and it does not look pretty. Do I sound pessimistic? You bet I do.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:56 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,661,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
There have been 57 (this is 58) Presidential elections throughout our history. Do you remember every one of them? Unless you do, how do you know this one is the "worst"?
Damn. Think of all the bandwidth we're all going to save, now that we know that nobody has any business discussing history on the internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Not only is his campaign one of the worst, he would undoubtedly be one of the worst presidents in history. Hillary may not be a great campaigner, but she has shown herself to be a good politician who works very well with people across the aisle. I have no confidence at all that Trump would be able to work with his political opponents.
Across the aisle? Hell, he can't even work with people on his side of the aisle. He'd spend his entire Presidency suing every politician in Washington who dared to disagree with him about anything.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Be honest with this assessment. Is Trump really the worst or his Hillary beyond awful, that Trump is the only alternative? If Hillary is really THAT good, she would crush Trump. Period.

Many can hate Trump. Its quite a strong signal that Trump beat out 17+ other Republicans to win the primary. The public has spoken.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:04 PM

20,320 posts, read 37,332,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Be honest with this assessment. Is Trump really the worst or his Hillary beyond awful, that Trump is the only alternative? If Hillary is really THAT good, she would crush Trump. Period.

Many can hate Trump. Its quite a strong signal that Trump beat out 17+ other Republicans to win the primary. The public has spoken.
Some folks here and everywhere else forget that Trump is not a politician. They are comparing him to politicians, and that's the first mistake made.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Some folks here and everywhere else forget that Trump is not a politician. They are comparing him to politicians, and that's the first mistake made.
That is true. I won't argue that. Trump boast about his business acumen. So its fair to bring up his business practices &.ethics like Trump University.

Trump is far from perfect. He will be far from perfect if he is president. Personally i think he will be adequate as POTUS. Given Hillary's experience as she pointed a zillion times, we should have an idea what she will bring to the table.. good and bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections