Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Trump presidential candidate see the worst in US history?
Yes 102 66.23%
No 52 33.77%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 09:15 PM

5,014 posts, read 7,401,352 times

Advertisements

He is despicable and unworthy to hold any office, but he has done more than anyone else to expose the racist, misogynist underbelly of America in his supporters. It shows us how much more work needs to be done and that we cannot be complacent, thinking that these people have gone the way of the dinosaur. The white supremacists are not all dead yet and they are not going down without a fight. It's like seeing the rats on the sinking ship of the GOP coming up to the top deck so we can see how many there are, and it is a vile, disgusting sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 09:46 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
Why is misogynist the word of the day? It means "A person who does not trust women". That's not true of everyone, and people seem to be using it, not because they know what it means, but because they heard it on the internet and it sounds cool.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:19 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
He is despicable and unworthy to hold any office, but he has done more than anyone else to expose the racist, misogynist underbelly of America in his supporters. It shows us how much more work needs to be done and that we cannot be complacent, thinking that these people have gone the way of the dinosaur. The white supremacists are not all dead yet and they are not going down without a fight. It's like seeing the rats on the sinking ship of the GOP coming up to the top deck so we can see how many there are, and it is a vile, disgusting sight.
That's a whole lot of hatred bundled into one neat little toxic paragraph you've got there. Well done.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:29 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
He's run a terribly incompetent campaign to be sure. Worst I've ever seen.
That makes me very, very happy.

Ken

Old 10-14-2016, 10:31 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Trump/Clinton is the worst in history.

This election is so bad I think Americans are entitled to a do-over.
I agree with this. We have never had such a terrible choice, both are unfit for office for different reasons. It is time to question why we have these two clowns to choose from. Apathy and ignorance are the problem, how else can you explain these two winning their primaries?

I personally am repulsed by both candidates and will not vote for either one. I am an active voter by the way, I've voted in every major election for the last 26 years. For me not to vote is a big deal. (I will go to polls for my congressman however) I bet we see record low turnout.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:38 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I think the CAMPAIGN isn't so great, but the man would be one of our greatest presidents. I can go into a long winded discussion why i think so, but i'm sure you're all sick of me already, so i'll end it there.
The man can't even run a competent campaign, why would anyone with more than half a brain expect that he could competently run a NATION?

Ken

Old 10-14-2016, 10:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Is the Trump presidential candidacy the worst in US history?

Well, I think it depends on what you mean by "worst." The very first vote I cast was when I lived in Boston in 1972 for George McGovern. The only state he won was MA, which means he was a terrible choice for the Democrats. However, after Watergate and Nixon's resignation, we were all saying "Don't blame me. I'm from Massachusetts." So was the candidate who lost every state (with one exception) the worst candidate ever or did the American people screw up? I mean, I hope Hillary wins, but I doubt if she'll win by a big landslide. It won't matter anyway, since he'll just say she stole the election and the whole thing was rigged from the beginning.

However, IMO a presidential candidate who has been recorded saying that "emotionally disturbed women are the best and they're the hottest in bed" while talking about a troubled teen has to be the most despicable candidate in modern history.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:06 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,166,855 times
He's the worst in my lifetime. No experience, bad temperament, runs on conspiracy theories, not very smart.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:43 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again - - Donald Trump is the worst presidential candidate in US history. This isn't even an argument.

He has the temperament of Veruca Salt, the aspirations of a fascist dictator, and the brains of Sarah Palin (arguably dumber).

A horrible candidate and a horrible human being.
I would not argue that. The question is when it comes time to vote who is the one you most need to vote against??

Old 10-15-2016, 12:35 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
After this election's media and party circus, who in their right mind would ever run for president?
Certainly not any good and qualified people. Who would put their family, themselves, their friends, and close associates into such a pig sty of filth and corruption?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections