Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 12:11 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He started out OK with some good ones, but then it turned all aggressive and not funny at all. He was getting booed roundly. Kind of like the debates, I suppose. He does not know how to let things go. Just not what is wanted in a President, that is for sure.
Getting booed by globalist elite scum or liberals that are too blind or stupid or both to continue to support the criminal wench
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
As if that is the more important thing than being dishonest and corrupt to the core like Hillary.

Aside from her incompetence (Egypt, Crimea, ISIS, Lybia, Syria, Iran, etc., etc.) as SoS, and extreme carelessness with top secret and classified materials, she puts herself above the country. She knew that if all the emails were subject to FOIA requests, her campaign to be potus would be over before it began. So she bought her own server so no one else could view the emails she was creating.
Then she took the documents that belonged to the American people and destroyed them.
Hillary then had the unmitigated gall and arrogance to lie to the American public in the UN press conference (and many times since), and it has all been proved to be flat out lies. How, by the very emails she attempted to destroy!

Say what you will about Trump, and a decent amount I will likely agree with you on. However being crass, rude, and thin skinned is hardly comparable to everything Hillary has done while in public office.
Can't you see that?
No. They plug their ears like children and scream

Old 10-21-2016, 12:13 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,832 times
Trump's jokes were better and more self-deprecating. He even poked fun at the bashing his wife took when she used oft-used expressions that Michelle used and claimed were original. And Melania laughed heartily.

The room was full of corrupt media, so one would expect Trump to be boo'd when he spoke the truth.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
trump is so dumb that he didn't seem to realize the annual al smith dinner is a charity event supposed to be about fun and good natured ribbing when each of the candidates roast each other.

He's either a moron with no sense of humor who thinks he's going to be the next president or he's throwing the election so Clinton can win.

It'll probably be 10 years or so until we find out the truth.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:26 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Normally i would suggest he did a bad job by not keeping it light and i know that all of you would have liked to see a lighter side of things since everything has been so tense, however, if you want to make the case that poking fun at the entire situation would essentially 'condone' all the illegal behavior and corruption that's been uncovered recently, you 'laugh together' and then people think 'aah, its a big joke' but Trump is all in that this isn't a joke, so he went the 'serious' route. I think if i was his advisor i would have told him that if he doesnt' want to keep it light, don't keep it light, but you can't morph into a debate guy at this place, he needed to tone it down a bit.

At any rate, its just another 'thing' the other side can bang him about, its another meaningless thing that has nothing at all to do with policy, jobs, our finances, our borders, etc. so to me, i could care less who said what and what tone was used, its all going to blow over anyway when Hillary's indictment is handed down, hopefully that comes before the election and not after.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:29 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Hillary supporters in the crowd can't take a joke.....they sure love to ditch it out but can't take it in return.
Isn't this the same event where George W. Bush called the attendees the haves and have-mores and then called them "my base?"

Old 10-21-2016, 12:30 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
trump is so dumb that he didn't seem to realize the annual al smith dinner is a charity event supposed to be about fun and good natured ribbing when each of the candidates roast each other.

He's either a moron with no sense of humor who thinks he's going to be the next president or he's throwing the election so Clinton can win.

It'll probably be 10 years or so until we find out the truth.
Did you watch it?

I did.

If you want to split hairs?

Hillary, looking pretty good in fuchsia, was the one who
Quote:
didn't seem to realize the annual al smith dinner is a charity event supposed to be about fun and good natured ribbing when each of the candidates roast each other.
Nice try....

Old 10-21-2016, 12:35 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
The crowd had plenty of liberal media people. No wonder they booed. And Hillary was nasty and shrill too as usual in her speech.
Wrong.
It was rigged.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:36 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Oddly enough I watched it in reverse order. Well semi reverse. A friend shared a clip of trump that was pretty funny. So I found clintons set first...watched it, and then found a complete clip, and watched from when Trump took the stage.

Clinton was funny, but I kind of thought some of it was out of place at a Catholic charity to be honest. Then....I saw what had preceded her. That was horrifying. A mixture of ok material, and saying some nice things....but the rest? Whoa. Just....what was he thinking? Has anyone at one of these in the past ever been booed before? That was....boorish.

Old 10-21-2016, 12:39 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Did you watch it?

I did.

If you want to split hairs?

Hillary, looking pretty good in fuchsia, was the one who "didn't seem to realize the annual al smith dinner is a charity event supposed to be about fun and good natured ribbing when each of the candidates roast each other."

Nice try....
Watched it from start to finish. I stand by my statement.

trump bombed bigly. He's either a moron or he's teeing the election up for Clinton.

If it makes you feel better, I believe he's a moron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections