Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 12:12 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I am in the same boat as are you, the difference is, it looks like justice is finally going to be done. that thrills me, and punches you in the gut..
Except it doesn't punch me in the gut. All my concerns are about the election. I couldn't care less about the investigation of the emails, and even if I did, I see no rational reason to think as you do, that Clinton did anything illegal. You're engaging in ridiculous wishful thinking, imho, and what's worse you're "wishing" for something bad to happen to someone else. I think Donald Trump is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist, birther and bully who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims. I think he committed sexual assault regularly throughout his adult life. However, I take no joy in what may happen to him as a result. I have no "thrill" from the prospect of him being found guilty of fraud charges related to Trump University or the Trump Foundation. All I care about is that his fascist regime never happen, and I care about this because of Rachel, the young woman in the next room, who is trying to get her life started in a world where Trump's brand of sexism and callous disregard for those less fortunate (she's got no money - she's 23 and we're feeding her) still puts her at a disadvantage.

So I'll hold my head up high with regard to my "boat". With all due respect, if I was in your "boat" I wouldn't be proud of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Really? Is there any other case of a Secretary of State's classified info emails being present on the electronic devices of a former member of Congress who's being investigated for pedophilia?
There's no reason to think any Secretary of State classified email are present on the electronic devices of a former member of Congress who's being investigated for pedophilia. You just made that up. I wonder why.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:15 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
There's no reason to think any Secretary of State classified email are present on the electronic devices of a former member of Congress who's being investigated for pedophilia. You just made that up. I wonder why.
Did you somehow miss the memo that Comey's letter to both Ds and Rs in Congress is related to what was found on the electronic devices seized from Weiner in regards to that investigation?

Old 10-29-2016, 12:19 PM
bUU

Quote:
Did you somehow miss the memo that Comey's letter to both Ds and Rs in Congress is related to what was found on the electronic devices seized from Weiner in regards to that investigation?
I posted it. You clearly overlooked the part where he made clear that no one has any idea what is in those emails.

Either that or you did read that part and you're just posting misinformation to deceive casual readers.

Which?

Old 10-29-2016, 12:24 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Those are my primary concerns and views. Yes, I have to overlook some failings of Hillary, but those failings pale (bigly) in comparison to the the flaws and lack of skills Trump would bring to the White House. Hillary may have some issues, but Donald Trump is simply unfit and a horrible choice.

Don
WHAT? ? It doesn't bother you that she may be the first criminal to be President of the United States?.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:24 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Did you miss the part where the letter said they have not assessed whether the emails are significant?

Did he just make that part up?

Old 10-29-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
WHAT? ? It doesn't bother you that she may be the first criminal to be President of the United States?.
There's no evidence of that.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:26 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times
Quote:
I posted it. You clearly overlooked the part where he made clear that no one has any idea what is in those emails.

Either that or you did read that part and you're just posting misinformation to deceive casual readers.

Which?
Well sure, we all know it just must be, you know, wedding emails, yoga emails, etc. Of course! Everyone who has such emails uses bleach bit to delete 33k of them when they are just that, right? Silly's!

On other news, what do you think people.....a new meeting to discuss grandkids, golf, etc. is necessary with billy on a tarmac?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...view/92949970/

"Attorney General Lynch objected to FBI director going public with email review"

Old 10-29-2016, 12:27 PM

Listening to Trump in Colorado. He's been handed what may be the biggest political gift of this election and he still can't string a coherent thought together.

He's a complete disaster.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:28 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
You can't seriously believe Comey would risk his professional reputation on having no idea what's going on, can you? Were you also born yesterday?

Old 10-29-2016, 12:29 PM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
WHAT? ?
You are having difficulty reading what people are writing. don1945 said has to overlook some failings of Hillary. None of those failings involve criminal activity. She's not a criminal. You made that up to fit your corrupt and false narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Well sure, we all know it just must be, you know, wedding emails, yoga emails, etc. Of course! Everyone who has such emails uses bleach bit to delete 33k of them when they are just that, right? Silly's!
You're clearly badly out of touch with regard to what we're talking about. These emails being discussed didn't come from Clinton's personal server.

Quote:
You can't seriously believe Comey would risk his professional reputation on having no idea what's going on, can you? Were you also born yesterday?
Are you always so rude when your comments have been shown to be so poorly thought out?

Regardless, as I pointed out, Comey would not risk his professional reputation reopening an investigation he testified before Congress was completed and closed. That was the quandary he found himself in - being legitimately unable to review the new emails until he informed Congress that we was going to do so. If he had reviewed them first, then he'd be in contempt of Congress.

Even though that ruins your over-the-top partisan narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.