Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 05:38 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,802,638 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton says she is "confident" a new FBI probe linked to her emails will not change its original finding that she should not be prosecuted.
The Democratic presidential candidate called on the FBI director to explain the new inquiry to the American people.

Likely her aid will go to prison for allowing access to her husband Weiner

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How does one investigate the relevance of emails, without investigating?
You read them.

If they are relevant, which according to Comey's statement, the FBI has yet to detrmine, you open an investigation.

This is so like all the other Republican partisan theatrics.

It will go on for awhile, probably at least two weeks, then they'll decide there was nothing there after all.

On to the next conspiracy.

13,428 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Again. Do you really think he would announce this investigation without looking at the evidence.

My interpretation of what you are trying to say is - He found emails on Hillary's top Aide's phone and one was addressed to her so he's opening up the investigation. Doesn't make sense.
Then he shouldn't be putting out statements saying they don't know if the emails are significant if they know for a fact they are.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:39 PM

551 posts, read 583,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
What do you suspect is in those emails that could be so damaging to her?
I do not know. But reasonably one can conclude- for the FBI to announce something of this magnitude a mere 11 days before Election Day, they were backed into a corner. Someone else has the emails (Wikileaks/other parties) and has shown FBI what they have. Wikileaks (remember, promised October Surprise?) must have threatened to release the kraken if FBI didn't act. Who knows- Wiki may still. But I guarantee - whatever is in those emails has Washington on it's knees. Hillary is being sacrificed since there is no other choice.

Again- Anthony Weiner is a smokescreen, though his/Huma's devices very likely do contain some damning information. FBI just doesn't want to admit they could have accessed those emails all along.

Last edited by nostoneunturned; 10-28-2016 at 05:47 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 05:40 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Reading them, would be an investigation.
Lots of times evidence is reviewed before determining whether an investigation is called for.

It's Anthony Wiener's phone. It could be just emails about the size of his you-now-what.

It would be a fitting note for this election to end on.

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You read them.

If they are relevant, which according to Comey's statement, the FBI has yet to detrmine, you open an investigation.

This is so like all the other Republican partisan theatrics.

It will go on for awhile, probably at least two weeks, then they'll decide there was nothing there after all.

On to the next conspiracy.
The minute you read the first word of an email, you've began investigating relevance of those emails by definition.

one thing for sure, Clinton would have been long gone, if it wasnt for her stupid supporters, all bending over backwards proclaiming innocence despite mounting evidence of corruption and lies..

18,471 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Why? I'm questioning it because it seems odd to me, and I'm not familiar with the procedure. If that's what usually happens, then fair enough.
I didn't know the procedure either, but I would think it odd if they DID inform the person under investigation.

Hillary certainly seemed like she felt that she was entitled to know ahead of time.

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Comey was persona non grata, a pariah, considered a turncoat for not recommending an indictment originally. So now what he's done is thrown the FBI's reputation under the bus by inserting himself into the election, just to restore his personal image within the Republican Party. What a slimeball.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:41 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Push back? EVERYTHING thrown at Trump keeps bouncing off and, Hillary probably knows "crap" could come back and, take HER out.
We shall see. Yet, Comey statement was very pithy and many assumptions were made. Hours later the results seem to indicate any thing less then a reopening of an investigation. Seems politically motivated but hey it October. But I think its a lot of nothing. More conjecture but no facts.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:41 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
All this is going to do is fire up Black and Latino voters.
Why? Is it because, in your mind, that Black and Latinos are a monolith that all votes alike? And they all vote for democrats? You don't speak for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.