Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 02:42 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
It's not the polls, it's all the votes and victories that Obama is racking up.
I believe it's 11 in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,064 posts, read 18,015,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
It'll start on March 5th, maybe the 6th. It'll take the die hards a while to get over it, but most will by the convention.
Go ahead, bank on it, and we'll see what happens. A lot of us don't give a hoot about the Democratic Party and believe it has abandoned Hillary so we'll be moving on. And it won't be to Obama.

I can't see a lot of the Kool-Aid chuggers here, with the way they smear Hillary (calling her mentally ill, for instance), supporting her if the tables were turned. So, don't expect it from us.

BVH

944 posts, read 606,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
MSNBC just reported that a new national Gallop poll shows Obama leading Clinton

OBAMA - 51%
Hillary - 39%
Perhaps you shouldn't rely on MSNBC for all your information:
Gallup Daily: Tracking Election 2008

Obama: 47%
Hillary:45%

Old 02-25-2008, 02:43 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,163,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
A brokered convention may be entertaining to outsiders, but it would not be good for Democratic chances in Nov.

Unless something unusual happens, Hillary should, for the good of the party, withdraw from the race on Mar. 5th. That way, the party will have time to mend some fences, heal some wounds and get ready to take on the real enemy, the Republicans.
Why? The GOP seems to be headed in the same direction. Let's give them each a single month to tell us why they should vote for one pile of crap over the other.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:44 PM

939 posts, read 2,381,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
The source is CNN. Take it up with them.

I agree that polls aren't necessarily accurate. I just find it funny that the Obama people crow about polls showing Obama ahead here and post them every chance they get but when someone posts a poll showing Hillary ahead, they disparage it.
They only disparage it when it's trotted out there as "the poll of polls" and there's no recognition of the many other polls out there, with just as much credibility, that have differing results. The polls that Obama posters have posted about were called, perhaps, "subjective".

I'm sure this CNN poll is as good, or as bad, as any but the facts are that there are several polls out there that predict something different.

3,491 posts, read 8,584,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post

regardless of what the exact numbers are.....we know Obama is leading nationalyl among most polls.

BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Go ahead, bank on it, and we'll see what happens. A lot of us don't give a hoot about the Democratic Party and believe it has abandoned Hillary so we'll be moving on. And it won't be to Obama.

I can't see a lot of the Kool-Aid chuggers here, with the way they smear Hillary (calling her mentally ill, for instance), supporting her if the tables were turned. So, don't expect it from us.
Hear! Hear! That is absolutely how I feel. I am sure that a large majority of us will not only leave the party, but, we'll campaign equally as hard against Obama as we are now.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:45 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,584,283 times
Quote:
Hear! Hear! That is absolutely how I feel. I am sure that a large majority of us will not only leave the party, but, we'll campaign equally as hard against Obama as we are now.
I doubt that

Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times
Quote:

That sounds about right, lately most of the polls have been averaging out to a couple point lead nationally by Obama. What is more important is Obama does significantly better head to head against McCain, that helps sway super delegates in Obama's direction.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:46 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
regardless of what the exact numbers are.....we know Obama is leading nationalyl among most polls.
There is a HUGE difference between a 2% lead and a 12% lead. Please get your facts straight next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections