Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:07 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Forgotten in all the nastiness of this Presidential campaign, I believe, is the fact that we as a country are on the doorstep of history with the election of the first female as President of the USA. I feel it is and will be a special moment, and as a grandfather, with three young grandaughters I am elated for them and our Country!

I know there are those that are not fans of HC, but I think we should recognize this for what it is, a special and important moment, in the history of the Country we all love and cherish.

I might be a little ahead of myself but I am confident it will all come to pass tomorrow evening and I can't wait!

Have the arrest warrants already been issued?

Old 11-07-2016, 06:07 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
History has already been made. The 2 worst possible choices in American history.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:09 PM

979 posts, read 491,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Some people still vote for presidents based on qualifications and not based on their gender.
And? Are you saying women aren't qualified to be president? Also, if qualifications matter, why is Trump the GOP nominee? He has never been qualified to run for president....

Also, you can't think of a single woman in US history that would have been qualified to be president? Gender shouldn't matter, which is why having a woman be president should have happened a long time ago because it should have mattered if one qualified to be president ran for office.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:09 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,281,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Some people still vote for presidents based on qualifications and not based on their gender.
Hence why Trump should be kept out of the office at all cost, even if that means Clinton gets in instead.
Hopefully the GOP can learn from this, regroup and present a electable candidate in 4 years.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:11 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,281,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
History has already been made. The 2 worst possible choices in American history.
So true!

Old 11-07-2016, 06:11 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,775,678 times
Quote:
Forgotten in all the nastiness of this Presidential campaign, I believe, is the fact that we as a country are on the doorstep of history with the election of the first female as President of the USA. I feel it is and will be a special moment, and as a grandfather, with three young grandaughters I am elated for them and our Country!

I know there are those that are not fans of HC, but I think we should recognize this for what it is, a special and important moment, in the history of the Country we all love and cherish.

I might be a little ahead of myself but I am confident it will all come to pass tomorrow evening and I can't wait!
It's a great thing, other countries have had women leaders for years or decades.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:12 PM

465 posts, read 257,222 times
Quote:

I applaud your positivity. There are way too many alt-right potential sore losers here though. At this point, you could give them candy, and they'd complain about the sweetness.

I recognize and appreciate the history we're on the cusp of. We raise our children telling them that they can be anything, but to actually see examples of that happen, in ways like it never has before, is wonderful.

979 posts, read 491,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Libs showing their obsession with race and gender again
If you say so, this isn't about race or gender, being against a woman as president because she is a woman is being obsessed with gender or being against a black person from being president because they are black is being obsessed with race. Not being concerned about race or gender of a candidate when voting is something we should all strive for, and a woman should have become president a long time ago....surely you can think of more than a dozen conservative women over the past several decades that were qualified to be president.

14,489 posts, read 6,106,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
And? Are you saying women aren't qualified to be president? Also, if qualifications matter, why is Trump the GOP nominee? He has never been qualified to run for president....

Also, you can't think of a single woman in US history that would have been qualified to be president? Gender shouldn't matter, which is why having a woman be president should have happened a long time ago because it should have mattered if one qualified to be president ran for office.

Why should it have happened a long time ago? What woman was robbed? You realize there are far less women in politics than men right?

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Hence why Trump should be kept out of the office at all cost, even if that means Clinton gets in instead.
Hopefully the GOP can learn from this, regroup and present a electable candidate in 4 years.
But have the Democrats learned anything? How many times must the voters speak before we are heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections