Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:30 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,088,316 times

Advertisements

A woman told me that she is voting for Clinton because she is a woman. My comment was 'shame on you'.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:32 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,830,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Forgotten in all the nastiness of this Presidential campaign, I believe, is the fact that we as a country are on the doorstep of history with the election of the first female as President of the USA. I feel it is and will be a special moment, and as a grandfather, with three young grandaughters I am elated for them and our Country!

I know there are those that are not fans of HC, but I think we should recognize this for what it is, a special and important moment, in the history of the Country we all love and cherish.

I might be a little ahead of myself but I am confident it will all come to pass tomorrow evening and I can't wait!
Only liberals care about "making history" instead of voting for a candidate based on their views.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
This isn't about a quota system, what makes you think men are more qualified than women to be politicians? Their gender shouldn't be an issue, not sure why you would want to make gender an issue since there are lots of conservative women I am sure you agree with policy wise.
What makes it about quota? People saying they want to vote for Hillary because she is a woman.
I'll quote a few posters.
They don't want to wait for a better woman than Hillary. Basically acknowledging that Hillary is a bad choice, but at least she is a woman.
Because if Hillary is elected it will make history. As if that is all that matters.
I would have voted for Nikki Haley in a second.

I would have voted for Jim Webb
Both are better choices than we now face.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:33 PM

979 posts, read 491,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
A woman told me that she is voting for Clinton because she is a woman. My comment was 'shame on you'.
People do that, I am sure you could also find people who are voting for Trump for superficial reasons as well. There are always gonna be people on both sides that vote for these superficial reasons.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:34 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,775 times
Quote:
Forgotten in all the nastiness of this Presidential campaign, I believe, is the fact that we as a country are on the doorstep of history with the election of the first female as President of the USA. I feel it is and will be a special moment, and as a grandfather, with three young grandaughters I am elated for them and our Country!

I know there are those that are not fans of HC, but I think we should recognize this for what it is, a special and important moment, in the history of the Country we all love and cherish.

I might be a little ahead of myself but I am confident it will all come to pass tomorrow evening and I can't wait!

Well said! Trump supporters will have no one to blame for this impending defeat but themselves. You guys nominated a reckless loser whereby giving sane America no other alternative.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:34 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,075,318 times
Quote:

1. I thought gender was a social construct. And that genders were fluid. And that she could wake up tomorrow and decide that she feels like a man and could therefore self-identify as a man. Do you see the ridiculousness of what we create in this country to justify the BS that SJWs throw in our direction, and that we are all supposed to follow and endorse. "Cause if we don't we're haters. Or something.

2. Think about the Supreme Court. The 2A. Illegal immigration and border security. Refugee intake. Support for law enforcement. Terrorism. Job creation. Safe spaces and micro aggressions and BLM and gender neutral bathrooms and SJWs pushing their SJW agendas. Media corruption. Political corruption. Think about those things in the context of Trump. And then in the context of Clinton. And then vote for whoever you choose. But don't dismiss your fellow Americans who will make a different choice from your own. I hope that I get to see a female president in my life time. I hope that Clinton loses tomorrow.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:36 PM

465 posts, read 257,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The first female president in U.S. history will have to wait. How do you know Hillary Rotten Clinton will actually win? We don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. We might see Donald Trump winning some states which some people didn't even expect him to get. Keep in mind that nobody attended Hillary's rallies and book-signings while Trump sold out every place he entered, and often with very little notice beforehand.

First female president? Maybe down the line when a good conservative candidate will hit the trail at some point, but not Hillary. If you truly love this country, then you sure as hell won't vote for Hillary, who is more likely to be further investigated for these recent e-mail scandals. It's not over yet.
It's not over...but the fat lady is getting dressed.

Also, rally attendance has absolutely nothing to do with voter turn out, the fact that Trump supporters keep correlating the two makes me sad. Donald is a spectacle, and a fairly new one at that, people are going to watch...but large crowds do not equal votes. It just equals a lot of people who didn't have anything to do and who apparently didn't want to avoid traffic and just catch it on TV.

Math and logic have left the building apparently.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
And? Are you saying women aren't qualified to be president? Also, if qualifications matter, why is Trump the GOP nominee? He has never been qualified to run for president....

Also, you can't think of a single woman in US history that would have been qualified to be president? Gender shouldn't matter, which is why having a woman be president should have happened a long time ago because it should have mattered if one qualified to be president ran for office.
Women have always been qualified to be POTUS, Hillary Clinton specifically isn't fit to be POTUS. There are tons of women in history who have been qualified to be POTUS, they've never made it to the election though. Gender shouldn't matter at all, therefore we shouldn't be trying to make history with our vote just to say that we elected a woman. I certainly won't, there will be other women who are actually qualified and fit to be POTUS, I'll vote for them.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This.

I am a straight white multiple gun owning male who is mostly conservative and I would gladly vote for a female.

Just Not this globalist open border lying scum
Agreed.

If talking a female Dem for POTUS: def Tammy Duckworth over Hillary.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:38 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Hence why Trump should be kept out of the office at all cost, even if that means Clinton gets in instead.
Hopefully the GOP can learn from this, regroup and present a electable candidate in 4 years.
At all costs? I think we've all seen enough of the Clinton machine doing things "at all costs" to know that we need to keep them out of the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections