Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 07:10 PM

772 posts, read 391,198 times

Advertisements

Let's see what happens.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:11 PM

16,629 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I know you want to go back to when being white and male was all that was needed for a job or an opportunity.

Times have changed and it's about the prize going to the best and brightest which is why females, african americans, latinos and asians are increasingly being elevated to positions of power and prestige in business and politics.

Get used to and deal with it!
Liberals are just too much.
I'd like to see jobs and positions of power/prestige only go to the best/brightest. However that is not really what liberals want. They talk a good game, but they dont really mean it.
No they want to have forced diversity to where the best and the brightest are not hired. Instead there must be a box of crayons and sexual orientations. So the next thing on their list is how to find a way to promote/admit based on LGBTQQIA and other such nonsense.

Funny, how these same liberals have no problem with sports that are overwhelmingly one race or gender, and would never approve of special diversity hiring. Just imagine if basketball teams had to have a % of white players equal to that races populace.
Or a certain number of black players in hockey?
What about insisting 55% of players be women in football?

`

Old 11-07-2016, 07:21 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

How absurd a reason.`
It's not a reason. It just happens to be an historic first, and the OP was marking it.

THIS is the reason:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Some people still vote for presidents based on qualifications and not based on their gender.
I'm absolutely voting for Clinton based on her qualifications and not her based on her gender.

Last edited by JAMS14; 11-07-2016 at 07:31 PM..

Old 11-07-2016, 07:23 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,352 times
Quote:
Some people still vote for presidents based on qualifications and not based on their gender.
Thank God yes and hopefully on issues and not parties either .

Trump2016 !

Old 11-07-2016, 07:45 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

...No they want to have forced diversity to where the best and the brightest are not hired. Instead there must be a box of crayons and sexual orientations. So the next thing on their list is how to find a way to promote/admit based on LGBTQQIA and other such nonsense ...

`
For the LGBT Community it is historic.

Even Donald Trump brought an openly gay man to speak during prime time at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland; someone who even criticized the GOP's anti-gay platform.

Meanwhile both Hillary and her running mate Kaine made trips to put flowers on the site of the Pulse massacre in Orlando. Just this past week Hillary made a trip to Wilton Manors, Florida, to campaign amongst the LGBT community there. If you are not aware, Wilton Manors is arguably the "gayest" town in America - a town that borders Fort Lauderdale that highest per capital LGBT population and a hub of scores of gay owned businesses and clubs and organizations. Last week Hillary penned a guest editorial for the Philadelphia Gay News.

This was the year both parties took notice of the emerging importance of the gay vote.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:52 PM

979 posts, read 491,591 times
Quote:
Women have always been qualified to be POTUS, Hillary Clinton specifically isn't fit to be POTUS. There are tons of women in history who have been qualified to be POTUS, they've never made it to the election though. Gender shouldn't matter at all, therefore we shouldn't be trying to make history with our vote just to say that we elected a woman. I certainly won't, there will be other women who are actually qualified and fit to be POTUS, I'll vote for them.
Which is why I am surprised we haven't had a woman president already. That is the point I was making. As for if you think Hillary is qualified or not, that I have to disagree with you, her resume says she is very much qualified to be president, you just don't like her or want her to be president, that is fine, that is your opinion, I am not debating that.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I'd rather see someone moderate like Susan Collins as our first female President. Hillary is just like Obama, way too divisive.
Well Collins won't be the first woman president, since that honor will be going to Hillary, but you never know, she might one day decide to run and could end up being president. Of course, the GOP has yet to ever nominate a woman for president, so there is still that first that she could easily take provided the GOP actually want to vote for a moderate woman....as of right now, GOP voters don't seem to want to vote for anything remotely moderate.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:02 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Which is why I am surprised we haven't had a woman president already. That is the point I was making. As for if you think Hillary is qualified or not, that I have to disagree with you, her resume says she is very much qualified to be president, you just don't like her or want her to be president, that is fine, that is your opinion, I am not debating that.
Her corruption and careless handling of our national security far outweighs her qualifications, I don't have anything against her personally as long as she stops hurting this country.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Her corruption and careless handling of our national security far outweighs her qualifications, I don't have anything against her personally as long as she stops hurting this country.
That is understandable that you feel that way, that is your opinion, and I don't debate people's opinions. I don't like or hate her, I see her as just another politician that will hopefully push for a few things I would like to see happen. I am more interested in seeing the Democrats take the Senate and weaken the House, that will be much more important the presidential election.

Of course I would take a dog turd for president over Trump. He is nothing more than a loose cannon moron that is clearly a D student throughout school.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:19 PM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
I wouldn't vote for Crooked Hillary in a million years I voted for Obama twice just about everyone I know at work and neighbors feel the same way I'm in Arizona. She is same old career politician people are sick of no one cares what Trump said about woman. He was secretly recorded you know darn well many men talk like that just don't get caught on tape to be played on the news. I remember when Bill Clinton was caught left wing media kept saying over and over how no one cares what he did it was nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections