Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 07:22 PM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Well, folks, it's been an exciting, ground-breaking, fun, long and cringe-worthy election season. . . . since mid-2015; way, way too long.

See you guys tomorrow night! May the best person win.

Mick
I have a feeling there are going to be multiple states so close there are going to be recounts and we won't know who won when we go to bed tomorrow night. I just hope one of them isn't Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 07:25 PM

31,032 posts, read 19,620,981 times
My final thought is that a country which has made these 2 the choice for its leader is a country on a 3rd word path and it really doesn't matter which one wins. The only thing that has kept us from accelerating the path to 3rd world is that there are millions of liberals that don't know that after we elect the President, it's even more important who we elect to Legislate....so the village idiot liberals don't normally show up for the mid term cycles.

Here's to keeping the Republican House and possibly the Senate and then solidifying the Republican advantages in the next mid term...may our descent to Venezuela be delayed for decades.

Peace

TT

Old 11-07-2016, 07:27 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,137,337 times
I want to jump in here, and add,

I will be refraining from posting tomorrow night after a winner is announced.

If Trump wins, I will not be taunting the Hillary supporters, or digging up old threads to attack people.

If Hillary wins, I will not come here, and crap on the Democrats' win, I'll let them enjoy their night.

I hope my fellow Trump supporters will do the same.

stburr91

Old 11-07-2016, 07:27 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Ya know, with more and more automation, the schism between the haves and havenots would become greater and greater. For example, self-driving cars would eventually eliminate many jobs in transportation, like tax drivers, bus drivers, train conductors, truck drivers, and so on. That's in the thousands. Sure, new jobs would be created to service self-driving cars, but there will be one job created for every 10 lost. That's what I am concerned about . . . . never mind the self-thinking AI robots that want to kill us!

Mick

Old 11-07-2016, 07:28 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,177,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I have a feeling there are going to be multiple states so close there are going to be recounts and we won't know who won when we go to bed tomorrow night. I just hope one of them isn't Florida.
I can't take a replay of 2000 . . . . . you made me think of Katherine Harris.

Mick

Old 11-07-2016, 07:29 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,136,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
At least you were honest.
I'm not blind to my country's flaws. But the peaceful transfer of power that is going to take place tomorrow is one of the things we do well.

Last edited by JAMS14; 11-07-2016 at 07:39 PM..

Old 11-07-2016, 07:37 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,600,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I hope, that whoever wins, the government and new president will actually work together and make an effort.
Not like it was for so long with Obama, where false pride and just plain sore losers refused to have a working relationship with the new president.
Exactly!

Old 11-07-2016, 07:39 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,616,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
We'll "see" Ms. Calipoppy's choice, and raise her one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0wIbgDVp5c
Loves it

Old 11-07-2016, 07:43 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,997,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Things only get worse. The venom isn't because of hillary or trump. The venom is because two groups of people with completely different value systems and world views are forced to share political space. No way that improves so far as I can tell.
Exactly. I have very little in common with Hillary's voters. I don't really want to have anything in common with them, either. They hate people like me because people like me disagree with them.

Life is way too short to go around acting like that. I remain optimistic that at least some liberals will start opposing waste and corruption instead of cheering for it.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:47 PM

8,069 posts, read 7,014,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Ya know, with more and more automation, the schism between the haves and havenots would become greater and greater. For example, self-driving cars would eventually eliminate many jobs in transportation, like tax drivers, bus drivers, train conductors, truck drivers, and so on. That's in the thousands. Sure, new jobs would be created to service self-driving cars, but there will be one job created for every 10 lost. That's what I am concerned about . . . . never mind the self-thinking AI robots that want to kill us!

Mick
Yep.

McDonald’s Planning ‘Significant’ Boost in Technology Spending

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nding-iv3tpgdp

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 11-07-2016 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections