Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 02:57 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,276,570 times

Advertisements

I voted early. I went about 3:00 pm one day last week. I was required to show ID and there was no wait. They scanned my driver's license and my info popped up.

This is the first time I have voted early and I kind of miss the excitement of doing it on election day. My regular polling place is just about half a block from my house and in past elections I've never had to wait more than 30 minutes or so. But early voting was so easy that I will probably do it again in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 02:59 PM

7,740 posts, read 5,527,842 times
Mine is really close, only a block away. I walked by this morning around 7:30 and there was a huge line. I came back around 2:30 this afternoon and was able to basically walk right into the booth. I moved since the last time I voted, so at least in Pennsylvania, I had to show my license and it is recommended you bring your registration card with you also.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:05 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,847 times
Walked to my polling place. In and out in five minutes. I was voter number 410.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:08 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,240,294 times
Long Island. I got there around 12:30, and it was pretty quiet; no real wait once we signed in. One of the polling places about 20 minutes from us evidently had to have the police come to break up fights, but there was such nonsense at our location.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,035,972 times
Voted at my local library. Got there about 10:30 and waited for about an hour. The guy behind me said he tried voting before work, but the line was out the parking lot and down the road. I saw others on social media say they waited 3 hours this morning, so I had decided to wait and let the before work crowd die down. It was raining today, so I didn't want to wait 3 hours in the rain.

People in line were talking to each other, the ones behind me talked about how they thought the election was rigged and only those who have valid drivers licenses should be allowed to vote. Another lady talked about how her friend in the next county over had asked for a Republican ballot, but was instead giving a democrat ballot. Which was a lie since Missouri doesn't have the "straight party" ticket option. Oh, and they made fun of the girl that was keeping tally of the number of people in line for having such a "low paying job". I did not participate in any of these conversations, and instead used the library's free wifi to read up on current news stories.

I voted using a paper ballot. The line to cast an electronic ballot had about 30 people in it, and the paper ballot line was empty. I don't really get why people would wait an extra 30 minutes to do an electronic vote. Since the lady in front of me caused the ballot reading machine to malfunction I had to place my ballot into the secure lockbox (or whatever they call it).

Old 11-08-2016, 03:16 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,395,551 times
I did early voting, went last Thursday, 20 minutes in line.

My husband went today. Ten minute line @ 8am. We voted Democrat.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:16 PM

19,812 posts, read 22,710,079 times
Got to the polling place at 7:15, finished by 7:30.

Two college students were outside conducting a fairly benign exit poll. When I came out I filled it out. The young man said- "Do you drive the brown truck with a black cap on the back?"

"Yes" I replied.

"Well an elderly couple backed into your bumper and took off."

My truck is new. Hmmmph. This election just cost me $500 minimum, lol.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:31 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,634,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Walked to my polling place. In and out in five minutes. I was voter number 410.
I was there when the polls opened at 6am..i was voter #37. When I left, there was a line of about 50 people

Old 11-08-2016, 03:31 PM

293 posts, read 564,109 times
I live in Wyoming. Got to the polling place at 7:45, no line, in & out in 5 minutes. No campaign signs or 'poll watchers' of any kind, not that we're in any kind of battleground territory. Didn't have to show ID, paper ballots, pretty easy peasy. Voted Democrat all the way down....there aren't many of us out here, but we do exist

Normally I show up at around the same time but usually have a number in the teens. Today I was #42. Should be in for a pretty decent turnout if the opening hour was any indication.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:56 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,549,505 times
Trump/Pence for President

A bunch of state races no one here cares about.

I voted some Democrat, some Republican.

Probably the most peaceful voting experience in the nation. At a Lutheran Church in our quiet St Paul suburb. No voter intimidation here LOL. But free coffee and donuts/cookies made by the church ladies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections