Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 12:48 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
middle America is not always just the middle states.... and Indiana/Illinois have been blue/purple states for decades, more so Illinois than Indiana, but still both

middle America is also the middleclass, which the fascist liberals have been hell bent on destroying for years

the liberal dream...two classes..... the rich liberal elite masters, and the poor serfs, living off the scraps of welfare for votes for their liberal elite masters
Conservatives split people up the exact same way you claim liberal do though. everyone is a hypocrite....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 02:24 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So I've asked a few posters several times because they said they wanted to DESTROY LIBERALISM to please define liberalism. What is it Trump supporters hate?

Do they hate gays?
Do they hate it when states pass legal use of marijuana?
Do they want to make abortion illegal in the U.S.?
Do they want to end public education?
Do they want to end environmental laws?
Do they want to close the EPA at the cost of our food and water?
Do they want to privatize Social Security?
Do they want to voucherize Medicare (Seniors only pay about a third of the benefits they receive, we taxpayers supplement them)
Do they want to make religion a requirement?
Do they want to make only one religion allowed?
Do they want to make minorities a lesser citizen?
Do they want to penalize immigrants?
Do they want to end welfare? (which tend to go more to red states, blue states contribute more federal dollars than they get back)
Do they wan to end food stamps? (which tend to go more to red states)

What is liberalism that Trump supporters want to DESTROY?
Do they hate gays?
No
Do they hate it when states pass legal use of marijuana?
No
Do they want to make abortion illegal in the U.S.?
Yes
Do they want to end public education?
No
Do they want to end environmental laws?
No
Do they want to close the EPA at the cost of our food and water?
No
Do they want to privatize Social Security?
No
Do they want to voucherize Medicare (Seniors only pay about a third of the benefits they receive, we taxpayers supplement them)
No
Do they want to make religion a requirement?
No
Do they want to make only one religion allowed?
No
Do they want to make minorities a lesser citizen?
No
Do they want to penalize immigrants?
Illegal immigrants need to be deported
Do they want to end welfare? (which tend to go more to red states, blue states contribute more federal dollars than they get back)
No but there should be a motivation to work over a motivation for wlfare
Do they wan to end food stamps? (which tend to go more to red states)
No

What is liberalism that Trump supporters want to DESTROY?

Liberalisation today is the denigration of Americans who hold traditional values of Christianity, American nationalism, and denigration of heterosexual white males.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
That isn't liberalism, but that is true, I would be fine having the West Coast be its own country and not having to deal with those in Middle America that wishes to regress the US back to the White America 1950s.
Where do you people get these ridiculous notions from? Besides, it was Obama that set race relations back at least 60 years. Obama was as racist as George Wallace, former AL governor.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:51 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Today, liberals believe in and practice totalitarian mind control.

How can a liberal believe in politically correct speech and say they have a world view founded on ideas of liberty? Todays liberals are NOT the party of freedom of speech, well only if you agree with their world view I suppose.
I think what you're referring to is fanaticism. Yes you're right, that mentality does exist, but one size does not fit all. It's unfortunate to give into hate, emotional thinking, and tribal positions. I think that's part of the low information syndrome as well, on both sides. If facts don't coincide with what I want to believe? Why believe them. Just rationalize them away. I remember watching an interview with an older white man from the south and he was asked if Trump had conspired with the Russians, would you want him to be impeached. The man said no and that he didn't care because he got what he wanted. That's a huge YIKES!

Fanaticism clouds judgement, hate clouds judgement and emotional thinking clouds judgement. These emotions also twist fundamental values to fit into a perspective that makes sense to people that only want to believe in one myopic, over emotional issue. (Abortion on the right, sanctuary cities on the left.) This is how Isis was born.

So the unanswered question. How do we eradicate emotional thinking and learn to take the best of both worlds and make it work?

Old 01-07-2018, 12:45 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So the unanswered question. How do we eradicate emotional thinking and learn to take the best of both worlds and make it work?
Bring back pork barrel spending.

Politicians are now being elected based on ideological purity, than their ability to get results for constituents.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Well petch, I'm not sure what else to say. Maybe I'm a bit outdated in my views of liberalism. Maybe that makes me...

A CONSERVATIVE?!

Haha, who am I kidding.
Yet another thing people who profess to be liberals, they put everyone in nice little tidy definitions. Identity politics is an example, all nice little tidy ID's to tell you how you MUST think.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I think what you're referring to is fanaticism. Yes you're right, that mentality does exist, but one size does not fit all. It's unfortunate to give into hate, emotional thinking, and tribal positions. I think that's part of the low information syndrome as well, on both sides. If facts don't coincide with what I want to believe? Why believe them. Just rationalize them away. I remember watching an interview with an older white man from the south and he was asked if Trump had conspired with the Russians, would you want him to be impeached. The man said no and that he didn't care because he got what he wanted. That's a huge YIKES!

Fanaticism clouds judgement, hate clouds judgement and emotional thinking clouds judgement. These emotions also twist fundamental values to fit into a perspective that makes sense to people that only want to believe in one myopic, over emotional issue. (Abortion on the right, sanctuary cities on the left.) This is how Isis was born.

And many people voted for Obama because he's black. YIKES!

Old 01-07-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:

There are always dissenters, that's where totalitarian mind control and political correctness come in. Below is the use of TMC and PC in action...

Criminal actions became excused with euphemisms: “Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants” and then “undocumented immigrants” and presto-chango, something bad was magically transformed into something good. Words are powerful and changing the words and the definition of actions is how they increase acceptance.

Dare speak against it you're called racist and other names... your not PC. The aim of PC an attempt to shame and silence dissenters who they hope would give in and accept it.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:

Remember the 2012 election, some people were afraid to admit they supported for Trump, why? because liberals would use ever tactic to try to same them, then when Trump was elected liberals went into shock. How would you have seen it coming if you were more interested in silencing people.

It's an example of totalitarian mind control and PC that bit you in the behind. Yet you still refuse to open your eyes, still don't realize what happened and still plug your ears. And liberals are still trying to practice TMC and PC but it's not working so well anymore.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:30 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yet another thing people who profess to be liberals, they put everyone in nice little tidy definitions. Identity politics is an example, all nice little tidy ID's to tell you how you MUST think.
Maybe it's because I'm liberal, but I see irony in this statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections