Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Here is my next prediction. Many will be surprised at what Trump proposes here. It will not be what he ran on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 01:27 AM

5,849 posts, read 4,184,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Obama's legacy was up for judgement and America decided it was a resounding fail.
I don't agree with that. Obama has pretty high approval ratings right now. I think there were too many other issues in this election. You can't go on and on about the email fiasco and then say that Obama's legacy was up for judgment.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:28 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,812,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Did Obamacare solve pre-existing conditions like I said the folks I knew who were on it never went to doctors because the yearly deductible was 15k when you make 30k a year how do you come up with 15k?
This is exactly right. The deductibles are so high you still couldn't afford to go to the Dr. Mine were $6500 last year and jumped to $7400 this year with my monthly premium increasing 116%! Anything is better that this tax they imposed on us!

Old 11-09-2016, 01:28 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
What plan had a $15k deductible?

And yes, it did solve the pre-existing condition issue.
They just throw out ridiculous numbers because it sounds dramatic. They cannot even define liberalism. I'm sure million dollar deductibles will be claimed next.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
They just throw out ridiculous numbers because it sounds dramatic. They cannot even define liberalism. I'm sure million dollar deductibles will be claimed next.
I voted for Sanders. I voted for Stein. Obamacare sucked.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:30 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,673,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Here is my next prediction. Many will be surprised at what Trump proposes here. It will not be what he ran on.
I think a lot of people who voted for him will be quite upset that the way he will govern, may be quite different from what he ran on.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:31 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,526,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So true. But you know, Pennsylvania? What happened to you guys? Washington state did our part!
White trash senior citizens with nothing better to do than consume Alt Right propaganda. I'm ashamed. Believe me, the same people who voted for Trump are the same people who survey that Philadelphia, the states only economic engine, should be removed from the state every year.

Congrats America! Making sure minimum wage workers will never make a living wage!

#walmart #murica #keepempoor

Old 11-09-2016, 01:32 AM

82 posts, read 154,835 times
I know it wasn't a perfect program and fully acknowledge that it turned out to be unaffordable for many, but my sister has it (and yes, she works). She is bipolar and has fibromyalgia, and was not able to get health insurance before it. She qualifies for some subsidies, which makes it affordable for her. Therefore, I hope that they work on improving it rather than just eliminating it. Without the ACA, she wouldn't be able to see doctors or afford her medication. But they should just get rid of it. Sometimes when I read messages from some of you, I wonder about your lack of compassion for others.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:33 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,526,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I voted for Sanders. I voted for Stein. Obamacare sucked.
Sanders power in congress is now gone especially that the dems lost the presidency. Bernies career is over now.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:34 AM

5,849 posts, read 4,184,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
This is exactly right. The deductibles are so high you still couldn't afford to go to the Dr. Mine were $6500 last year and jumped to $7400 this year with my monthly premium increasing 116%! Anything is better that this tax they imposed on us!
The post you quoted mentioned $15k deductibles. That isn't exactly right.

Regarding the bold: No, it isn't. I have Crohn's Disease, and I've been in the unenviable position of not being able to buy insurance at any price. The medicine is extremely costly, but it's also very effective. Insurance with a high deductible is better than no insurance if you have an actual medical condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections