Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:44 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
White trash senior citizens with nothing better to do than consume Alt Right propaganda. I'm ashamed. Believe me, the same people who voted for Trump are the same people who survey that Philadelphia, the states only economic engine, should be removed from the state every year.

Congrats America! Making sure minimum wage workers will never make a living wage!

#walmart #murica #keepempoor
Perhaps minimum wage jobs aren't supposed to be supporting adults (with families in most cases).

BTW, the term "white trash" reeks of racism. Would you approve of people saying "ghetto N-words" if Hillary had won?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 01:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
He wanted to see the progressive movement continue, to live to fight another day, but conservative America has spoken. No living wage, no universal healthcare, no planned parenthood, and severely restricting access to woman's health services. Ted Cruz is going to tell you what you can and cannot do with your body because that's the good right wing way.
Trump isn't going to allow Cruz to even use the front door.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:47 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,673,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If Trump only does 10% of what he promised he will be far greater than Obama.
We expect only that he go in the direction of the positions he took. There are no detailed point by point details of what he must do. Nobody gets everything they want or the way they necessary want it. That's why when everyone on the left and right complained about details of policy we didn't care or think it was important. We want him to be flexible not handcuffed. Save the handcuffs for those who are careless with national security and the lives of those in service of the nation.
I pretty much agree with you. But there are those who supported him and now expect him to come on like Genghis Khan, rule with an iron fist and destroy the enemy. And it just ain't going to happen that way.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:49 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Perhaps minimum wage jobs aren't supposed to be supporting adults (with families in most cases).

BTW, the term "white trash" reeks of racism. Would you approve of people saying "ghetto N-words" if Hillary had won?
We are no longer PC, remember? Now trashing white trash is just being authentic. Rednecks is just being non-PC. So now white trash needs to go get a job and stay out of the tax dollars of blue states.

What Trump supporters can never complain about again is rhetoric. We can call them white trash and rednecks all day long now. Trump said so and they voted for him. They must like it.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:55 AM

21,877 posts, read 25,187,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
People who don't have medical conditions tend to not be sympathetic toward those who do. My guess is their tune would change if they received an unfortunate diagnosis.
Personally, not really.

I can sympathize with specific instances. Crohn's disease, for example, generally occurs in the teenage or younger adult years. I can sympathize with that. If you're 16 and get diagnosed with Crohn's disease, I do sympathize. If you're 28 and get diagnosed with Crohn's disease? Well, that sucks but what's that got to do with me? You want to wait until you get a chronic disease that's expensive to manage and then try and buy insurance after your house burnt down? Zero sympathy. That was your choice to not have health insurance. Yes, we have this stupid practice of tying health insurance to employment. It's a dumb practice, and we should not be encouraging it by not taxing health insurance compensation but it is what it is.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:35 AM

5,855 posts, read 4,186,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Personally, not really.

I can sympathize with specific instances. Crohn's disease, for example, generally occurs in the teenage or younger adult years. I can sympathize with that. If you're 16 and get diagnosed with Crohn's disease, I do sympathize. If you're 28 and get diagnosed with Crohn's disease? Well, that sucks but what's that got to do with me? You want to wait until you get a chronic disease that's expensive to manage and then try and buy insurance after your house burnt down? Zero sympathy. That was your choice to not have health insurance. Yes, we have this stupid practice of tying health insurance to employment. It's a dumb practice, and we should not be encouraging it by not taxing health insurance compensation but it is what it is.
But don't you think there are several important points that should be considered:

1. Many, many people -- maybe even a majority of people -- are without health insurance at some point in their young adult lives.

2. Many, many people will at some point lose health insurance due to loss of a job or a difficult financial circumstance.

3. Once a person gets a chronic disease and either doesn't have or loses health insurance, he or she is screwed for life in terms of health insurance unless they can obtain it through an employer. Doesn't that seem like a bad system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections