Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:35 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
White trash senior citizens with nothing better to do than consume Alt Right propaganda. I'm ashamed. Believe me, the same people who voted for Trump are the same people who survey that Philadelphia, the states only economic engine, should be removed from the state every year.

Congrats America! Making sure minimum wage workers will never make a living wage!

#walmart #murica #keepempoor
I'm stunned. Living in a blue state is the only thing I'm holding on to. I know tomorrow (today) the people I work with will hate Trump as much as I do. I have a friend in Philadelphia and I know she must be devastated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,849 posts, read 4,186,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris14 View Post
I know it wasn't a perfect program and fully acknowledge that it turned out to be unaffordable for many, but my sister has it (and yes, she works). She is bipolar and has fibromyalgia, and was not able to get health insurance before it. She qualifies for some subsidies, which makes it affordable for her. Therefore, I hope that they work on improving it rather than just eliminating it. Without the ACA, she wouldn't be able to see doctors or afford her medication. But they should just get rid of it. Sometimes when I read messages from some of you, I wonder about your lack of compassion for others.
People who don't have medical conditions tend to not be sympathetic toward those who do. My guess is their tune would change if they received an unfortunate diagnosis.

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Sanders power in congress is now gone especially that the dems lost the presidency. Bernies career is over now.
Yes it is. I will not disagree. If he hadn't backed Hillary he would have had principle on his side. He no longer does.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:36 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
People who don't have medical conditions tend to not be sympathetic toward those who do. My guess is their tune would change if they received an unfortunate diagnosis.
And they will eventually. Everyone does. If Paul Ryan gets his way, Medicare will be voucherized so we'll see the seniors get humbled so that's a start.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:37 AM

13,300 posts, read 7,339,094 times
Bronze plans did have 10k 15k deductibles I actually applied for it online just to see what Obamacare was about even though I had group plan though my employer
Why Are Deductibles So High? - Obamacare Facts

7,740 posts, read 5,527,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm stunned. Living in a blue state is the only thing I'm holding on to. I know tomorrow (today) the people I work with will hate Trump as much as I do. I have a friend in Philadelphia and I know she must be devastated.
Yeah, people who don't live in a contested state don't get it how each side has winners and losers. Like the oil and gas companies are literally doing cartwheels with excitement right now. Imagining all the pipelines and pollution. But you know climate change is just a hoax China made up.

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And they will eventually. Everyone does. If Paul Ryan gets his way, Medicare will be voucherized so we'll see the seniors get humbled so that's a start.
If Republicans were smart, their first move would be to remove Paul Ryan.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:39 AM

5,849 posts, read 4,186,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Bronze plans did have 10k 15k deductibles I actually applied for it online just to see what Obamacare was about even though I had group plan though my employer
Why Are Deductibles So High? - Obamacare Facts
The maximum individual deductible is $7150 for an individual in 2017.

Look, I agree that it's too expensive. The costs have to come down. But before we throw it out, we should at least have an alternative that solves the problems Obamacare solved. We can't go back to the system we had before it.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:41 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,527,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes it is. I will not disagree. If he hadn't backed Hillary he would have had principle on his side. He no longer does.
He wanted to see the progressive movement continue, to live to fight another day, but conservative America has spoken. No living wage, no universal healthcare, no planned parenthood, and severely restricting access to woman's health services. Ted Cruz is going to tell you what you can and cannot do with your body because that's the good right wing way.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I think a lot of people who voted for him will be quite upset that the way he will govern, may be quite different from what he ran on.
If Trump only does 10% of what he promised he will be far greater than Obama.
We expect only that he go in the direction of the positions he took. There are no detailed point by point details of what he must do. Nobody gets everything they want or the way they necessary want it. That's why when everyone on the left and right complained about details of policy we didn't care or think it was important. We want him to be flexible not handcuffed. Save the handcuffs for those who are careless with national security and the lives of those in service of the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections