Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 06:37 AM

2,097 posts, read 3,829,390 times

Advertisements

What a great way to say "Thank You" to everyone that elected him. He only has a few months of his own personal time left and he''s hitting the road again to thank everyone,this man never stops working. What a true American!

We all remember when Obama went on his victory tour thanking the african american communities for electing him and making their life great again....Oh Wait

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...195433777.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 06:41 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,849 times
I really appreciate him!

Old 11-18-2016, 06:50 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,403,913 times
Question? Where in these states he won? Detroit or Dearborn, Michigan? Orlando or Miami, Florida? Philadelphia, Pa.? Bad idea. Small towns in these states?

I suppose Trump is paying for this himself? His own private jet? He isn't President, yet, although he will have to be provided with Secret Service.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:08 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,208,183 times
Or to put his ugly butt out there for more media attention. He's a disgusting megalomaniac. And that make Amurica great again is a bigger load of crap than a brontosaurus would have left behind. Never thought that we would see a day in the USA when a con artist crook swindler would be celebrated because of a mind-numbing reality show and shameless two billion dollar push from TV networks to increase dumbed-down viewership. Thanks for one thing MSM and ****-wad Trump...you inspired me to finally cut the cable cord. Oh and to change to an Internet search engine that has zero photos of the idiotic trust fund baby snake oil salesman.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:10 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,055,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
What a great way to say "Thank You" to everyone that elected him. He only has a few months of his own personal time left and he''s hitting the road again to thank everyone,this man never stops working. What a true American!

We all remember when Obama went on his victory tour thanking the african american communities for electing him and making their life great again....Oh Wait

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...195433777.html
One of Obama's first events was to go on a world-wide apology tour.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:12 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,055,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Question? Where in these states he won? Detroit or Dearborn, Michigan? Orlando or Miami, Florida? Philadelphia, Pa.? Bad idea. Small towns in these states?

I suppose Trump is paying for this himself? His own private jet? He isn't President, yet, although he will have to be provided with Secret Service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Or to put his ugly butt out there for more media attention. He's a disgusting megalomaniac. And that make Amurica great again is a bigger load of crap than a brontosaurus would have left behind. Never thought that we would see a day in the USA when a con artist crook swindler would be celebrated because of a mind-numbing reality show and shameless two billion dollar push from TV networks to increase dumbed-down viewership. Thanks for one thing MSM and ****-wad Trump...you inspired me to finally cut the cable cord. Oh and to change to an Internet search engine that has zero photos of the idiotic trust fund baby sake oil salesman.

No need for the empty little heads to worry. Trump has Secret Service, whether he's sitting in Trump Tower having breakfast or eating in a diner in Po-Dunk USA.

The losers need to just settle down and let it happen, because it IS going to happen. Your new President: President Donald John Trump.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:12 AM

6,181 posts, read 7,299,574 times
Little bit premature to go on a victory tour. Lets see what he does in four years and then we can talk about a victory tour for the red neck hicks who put him in office.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:29 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,993,559 times
I applaud you, Mr. President Elect Trump. Very thoughtful to say "thank you" to those who voted for you.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:33 AM

21,403 posts, read 20,025,200 times
I appreciate him wanting to get out among the people to thank them, but I don't think a victory tour is necessary. He now has "the microphone" to say what he wants to all the American people without having to resort to isolated speeches. Why not just announce that you are going to give a press conference everyday at 10 a.m.? The whole world will be listening.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:36 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,983,764 times
Comments on the linked article above are interesting, and reflect comments here. Kinda predictable, in fact, from both sides.

I just wonder how Trump can justify going on this tour during what should be a crucial time of preparation for the next four years. I know he likes to delegate, but unless he has a doppelganger - seems to me that he - and we, the American people - would be better off if he'd forego such jaunts in favor of focusing in creating a functional Cabinet, reaching out to the extremely alienated loyal Democratic side, and healing wounds in more significant and effective ways than a rare Tweet or two.

I also wish Trump well, and hope I'll be very pleasantly surprised by his effectiveness as president. But I have my doubts, and am not holding my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections