Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 11:39 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
I have stopped taking any notice of what the Libs say anymore. What did it for me this post election period was seeing Rachel Maddow on MSNBC with her lips pursed and self righteous look as she admonished Trump for not taking the press corps along with him on the night out with Melania to the 21 club in NYC. I said a final goodbye to even giving them time to consider if they a point somewhere in what they say.

If the victory tour does happen. There will be crowds like never seen before. This time will be stadiums and not arenas. Millions of loyalists from before and now the millions of supporters not afraid to rally for their new leader.

This will be epic .
Your statement does make me wonder: will Mr. Trump charge admission to these events? I rather doubt it, but I guess it is possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 11:40 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Fortunately, you don't need to be there or participate. Sore losers will always be sore losers. I'm sure you can find something else to complain about in the next 5 minutes.
Sore loser? You don't know crap about me, other than the typical conservative assumptions being tossed around like candy. Have a piece.

I am hoping Trump does what I believe he can do. So sorry I find even the thought of a presidential victory tour lame. How about going on national TV and straight out saying thank you to America?

Old 11-18-2016, 11:45 AM

601 posts, read 592,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
One reason I do not view a Trump presidency with quite the alarm of others is based on things like his 'victory tour'.

Mr. Trump had said, I believe last week, that he so enjoyed holding rallies that he thought he would continue to hold such, even after assuming office (I assume the genesis of the victory tour idea). It is evident that Mr. Trump is very motivated by a desire to be loved and admired. It is also frequently a trait of such people to take slights, real or perceived, very seriously and to resent them. Hence his frequent 'twitter' attacks during the past 15 months or so.

That is all well and good, if one is an adult, and lives reasonably in reality. Unfortunately, Mr. Trump does not. He likes the polls when they are in his favor; otherwise they are rigged. He will selectively listen to his already fanatic supporters, hear the cheers of his already fervent supporters – and will convince himself that his Breitbart and Inforwars carefully crafted echo chamber is reality. It isn’t. He has already shown that he has the will to suppress and bully the media, and that he favors extreme right-wing media and propaganda.

There is no country before party for Republicans; there is no reach across the aisle, compromise, any of that. Those concepts simply do not exist in the Republican party, unlike the Democratic party. Their existence in only self-serving. I’ve called in and railed on my Democratic representatives for this, as I am repped in the House and Senate by dems – I don’t think we need any more of this when they go low, we go high bullsh!t. When they go low, kick em’ in the teeth. And Congress and Trump will most likely find ways to support each other as Trump goes on his adoration rallies for all the adoring Trumpfederates.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Sore loser? You don't know crap about me, other than the typical conservative assumptions being tossed around like candy. Have a piece.

I am hoping Trump does what I believe he can do. So sorry I find even the thought of a presidential victory tour lame. How about going on national TV and straight out saying thank you to America?
That doesn't do it for him. He needs to be standing in the room, hearing the applause. That's what matters to him. Not uniting the country, not acknowledging that more people voted against him than for him and that he should be thinking about how he's going to try to bring the country together.

None of that is important. Only one thing is important--experiencing the adoration on a continuing basis.

When has a president-elect ever toured the country in the weeks after his election in order to declare victory? Never, because every other president-elect understood that he was now the president for the whole country, not just his adoring sycophants. THIS president-elect has absolutely no concept of what it means to govern, and apparently has no interest in learning.

Roosevelt has his fireside chats. Trump will have his adoration rallies. This is where we have come to as a county.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:58 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Trump is going to be the most popular president in history. He will be setting many first and be the standard set for those that follow for the rest of the century.

Like Abe Lincoln he will be credited with holding the union together and keeping the constitutional republic intact.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump is going to be the most popular president in history. He will be setting many first and be the standard set for those that follow for the rest of the century.

Like Abe Lincoln he will be credited with holding the union together and keeping the constitutional republic intact.
LOL!!!

Sure he will. He'll "hold the union together" by holding a victory tour as a slap in the face to the majority of voters who voted against him. Yeah, that's a great way to unite the country.

And the funniest part about it is that I have no doubt you actually believe this.

LOL!

Old 11-18-2016, 12:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
I voted for him reluctantly, or more accurately I voted against Hillary, but I'm kind of getting excited about what is in store after hearing some of his cabinet picks.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:18 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Voters who disagree with you are no less American than voters who agree with you. And more voters didn't want Trump than did. That's a fact. Deal with it..
That is as of today, in a few months you won't be able to find anyone who said they didn't vote for Trump, as everyone is sitting in clover..
Life is going to be good again, finally after eight years of no leadership...

Old 11-18-2016, 12:21 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL!!!

Sure he will. He'll "hold the union together" by holding a victory tour as a slap in the face to the majority of voters who voted against him. Yeah, that's a great way to unite the country.

And the funniest part about it is that I have no doubt you actually believe this.

LOL!
Directly below your post and quoted below this response is a person who NEVER went to a Trump rally but NOW feels excited about what looks to be a great start.

It's only a "slap in the face" if you are too petty to grow up and accept defeat graciously and wish the best for the country going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I voted for him reluctantly, or more accurately I voted against Hillary, but I'm kind of getting excited about what is in store after hearing some of his cabinet picks.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
That is as of today, in a few months you won't be able to find anyone who said they didn't vote for Trump, as everyone is sitting in clover..
Life is going to be good again, finally after eight years of no leadership...
Well, that's one opinion. It could just as easily go the other way, and there will be very few who will admit they were stupid enough to vote for Trump, kind of how few will admit they voted for W.

I guess we'll see which of our opinions pans out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections