Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 05:07 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,812,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You do realize that he will be the president of all of us, not just those who voted for him. And more to the point, I wonder if Trump realizes that. If he were truly intent on being a good leader, he would be reaching out to that majority of people who turned out to vote, but not for him.

But he's not interested in that, because they won't mindlessly and adoringly cheer his every utterance. And that's all he cares about--the cheering adoration.
So first you complain he's going out on his "thank you" tour (to thank the people in those swing states) and it's wasting taxpayers money,now you're complaining he should be going to every state?

Lets face it you're never going to be happy with anything he does and even if you were you'd never admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 05:11 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So will Trump just go to the towns where they like him? When get gets near the cities, he will be booed and laughed at. NYC hates him, so I doubt he will be doing anything local. He'll only go where his bottomless ego can be filled--to places he is guaranteed adulation. Where there will be people who believe his lies and BS. This is why, as he himself said, Trump loves the uneducated.
Or he can just stay in one of his ivory towers and get one of those applause machines like the one used by Lonesome Rhodes in 'A Face in The Crowd". I would assume that the modern version of one of those applause things is very compact and he can even carry it around in the pocket of the suit he wears that was made in China for a quick ego fix.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:12 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,276,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So will Trump just go to the towns where they like him? When get gets near the cities, he will be booed and laughed at. NYC hates him, so I doubt he will be doing anything local. He'll only go where his bottomless ego can be filled--to places he is guaranteed adulation. Where there will be people who believe his lies and BS. This is why, as he himself said, Trump loves the uneducated.
Well, looking at the electoral map there are very few places that DON'T like him.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
So first you complain he's going out on his "thank you" tour (to thank the people in those swing states) and it's wasting taxpayers money,now you're complaining he should be going to every state?

Lets face it you're never going to be happy with anything he does and even if you were you'd never admit it.
No, I'm saying that he's doing it merely to put himself in front of his adoring fans, so he can feed off of their adoration. If he was truly concerned about being a good leader, he would reach out to those who didn't vote for him. The fact that he is simply playing to his fans because it pumps him up, while ignoring the majority of voters who went to the polls but didn't vote for him, underscores the kind of leader he's going to be. Certainly not one who is interested in uniting the country, because his rallies do anything but.

Old 11-18-2016, 05:21 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
No, I'm saying that he's doing it merely to put himself in front of his adoring fans, so he can feed off of their adoration. If he was truly concerned about being a good leader, he would reach out to those who didn't vote for him. The fact that he is simply playing to his fans because it pumps him up, while ignoring the majority of voters who went to the polls but didn't vote for him, underscores the kind of leader he's going to be. Certainly not one who is interested in uniting the country, because his rallies do anything but.
Did Obama reach out to all of those who didn't vote for him ? Did Obama unite the country ?

Old 11-18-2016, 05:25 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,905,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
One of Obama's first events was to go on a world-wide apology tour.
Bush didn't apologize for our screw ups so somebody had to!

Old 11-18-2016, 06:53 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,249,622 times
Quote:
He should care when his opponent got more votes than he did. No matter how hard you try to spin it otherwise, that translates into more people not wanting him than wanting him.

But I get it. The reality show star needs his adoring fans to continually keep him pumped up. Because, you know, as he prepares to take on the mantle of the most powerful man in the world, his fans are the most important thing he should be focusing on. Amiright?

didn't Obama go on every talk show known to man when he was cutting his teeth as President?

Old 11-18-2016, 06:58 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,226,256 times
I am so glad this is happen!

I heard some butthurt liberals say he should do a speech on race which is a stupid idea. This is so much better!

Old 11-18-2016, 08:54 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,242,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
What a great way to say "Thank You" to everyone that elected him. He only has a few months of his own personal time left and he''s hitting the road again to thank everyone,this man never stops working. What a true American!

We all remember when Obama went on his victory tour thanking the african american communities for electing him and making their life great again....Oh Wait

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...195433777.html

I think he should do this with every state on an ongoing basis. Speak directly to the people, unfiltered by a corrupt media. Let the people make their own informed choices.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:58 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,476,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I applaud you, Mr. President Elect Trump. Very thoughtful to say "thank you" to those who voted for you.
Good. Then he won't be coming here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections