Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Hillary Clinton have anything to do with Stein's Fund for Recount? Multiple Choice Poll
Sure. "and" She secretly donated to the fund 54 31.40%
Sure she did. Still being Crooked-Hillary 81 47.09%
No Way! 24 13.95%
The Russians had something to do with it. 2 1.16%
The election was hacked for sure, right? 4 2.33%
The Donaters to Stein's fund are about to get ripped off $$$$ Burned! 39 22.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 02:41 PM

1,285 posts, read 592,198 times

Advertisements

I think that's a fair point.
Jill Stein's lawyers can make a case, I'm not going to speculate and will leave it to the judiciary if their case has merit.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:52 PM

What is you beef with Jill Stein paying for a recount?
We should have confidence in our elections.

Trump afterall, has said that millions of illegals are voting.
If that is true than it would appear you willing to protect that?

Old 12-05-2016, 02:56 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post

Because it's a ploy. A recount won't settle any questions about illegals voting, it will just confirm, or not, the vote totals.

To determine illegals voting or, using a classic, a dead guy voting is an audit. Those take months cross referencing master voter rolls with the polling place records of who voted. Or didn't vote.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:11 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:

And why are you so gung-ho when it comes to this ridiculous recount that the vile, despicable Stein is demanding?

Are you hoping that Hillary will take those 3 states?

Old 12-05-2016, 03:42 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve930 View Post
Or pulling out the hair of those standing closest to her.
Or beating Bill senseless in the head with her fists.... while he begs his Master Queen to stop pummeling him..

Old 12-05-2016, 03:54 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
i'm not sure why anybody particularly cares about the recount?
Jill Stein is paying for it to be done so it's not costing tax payers anything.
It's not going to reverse the result.

If anything it might just exonerate the ballot counting process.
Is that not a win?
That is where you are wrong. In Michigan Stein's share is $800,000 while the Michigan taxpayers share is estimated at $4.3M. Stein is trying to get out of paying anything for Pennsylvania, part of her federal case to to not even pay the $1M bond, will not cover the cost anyway. So no, she is NOT paying for it.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:04 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:

I would have less objection if she were paying for it all but STEIN IS NOT PAYING FOR ALL OF IT! She intends to stick the taxpayers of Michigan and Pennsylvania for the bulk of it, if not all of it.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:04 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
That is where you are wrong. In Michigan Stein's share is $800,000 while the Michigan taxpayers share is estimated at $4.3M. Stein is trying to get out of paying anything for Pennsylvania, part of her federal case to to not even pay the $1M bond, will not cover the cost anyway. So no, she is NOT paying for it.
Yep. This is a one-sided, partisan ploy based on a "hunch" that the Russians may have hacked our election process. What's mind-boggling is that some courts are entertaining this even though there is zero supporting evidence to supposed the "fraud."

Old 12-05-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Because it's a ploy. A recount won't settle any questions about illegals voting, it will just confirm, or not, the vote totals.
A ploy for what purpose?
I think it is readily agreed that a recount will not result in overturning the election.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:37 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
A ploy for what purpose?
I think it is readily agreed that a recount will not result in overturning the election.
Two fold.
To further delegitimize Trump's win, yeah I know it's only the Electoral College, by casting doubt on the vote. What some people complained Trump was doing.

To delay certification of those results until after the Constitutional deadline, throwing the election into the House of Representatives. Which is an extremely poor strategy and tactic.

No way the House elects Clinton and they can't pick anyone else like some individuals think they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections