Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 10:11 AM

451 posts, read 236,353 times

Advertisements

Good for him. The leftist media just wants to bring him down anyway. All the blatantly liberal shills on MSNBC. At least now Trump can get his message unfiltered to the people. Smart! We support you Mr. President Elect. ( Can't wait to drop the "Elect" part)> So proud!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 10:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I thought this might get better after the election. Seriously, can't any of his handlers take away his Twitter account?

Donald Trump uses Twitter to lie about "millions" of illegal votes in election.

We all know that the election is decided by the Electoral College, not the popular vote. And I find it highly unlikely that the recount in Wisconsin or other states will be enough to swing the EC to Hillary. So Trump should just be quiet about it, or maybe say "get this recount business over quick so AMerica can move on".

But the man just can't help himself. He's got to double-down by claiming that he won the popular vote also, despite zero supporting evidence. Anyone who thought that a 70-year old was going to "mature" after he takes office is badly mistaken.
President "Tweet" is understandably sensitive.

He lost the vote by over 2 million, making this the MOST rigged election in history. Pubs have gained the WH three other times after losing the vote, but never by this huge of a margin.

It's going to be another tweet tantrum.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:23 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,725,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Good for him. The leftist media just wants to bring him down anyway. All the blatantly liberal shills on MSNBC. At least now Trump can get his message unfiltered to the people. Smart! We support you Mr. President Elect. ( Can't wait to drop the "Elect" part)> So proud!!!
Good for him for making up and tweeting it to the whole world?

What else will you praise him for?

Staying at Trump Tower and renting space to the Secret Service to protect him? Gooooo Trump! those taxpayers!

Rewarding big donors with cabinet positions even though they have zero experience! Woo-hoo! Political patronage!!!

Keeping his businesses open and running them while he's president? Hip hip hooray!!!! Conflicts of interest and selling out the country to make a buck!!

Oh yeah. A lot to be proud of.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2016 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-28-2016, 10:29 AM

776 posts, read 747,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I think the discrepancies between the counts in counties with paper ballots and those with electronic voting is interesting. I'm curious about the differences.
From my understanding those were unofficial results. The official results supposedly corrected those errors.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
From my understanding those were unofficial results. The official results supposedly corrected those errors.
There's no harm in looking at it. There's a mechanism in place to do so and people are willing to pay for it.

Personally, I hate voting electronically. You hit "cast ballot" and poof--it's gone. To me, it seems incredibly vulnerable to hacking. It's one area where I think low-tech would be more dependable.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:38 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Wonder if he is going to be allowed to do this after January.

If he keeps it up he could cause serious issues with his stupid tweets. And if he goes out of control like he's prone to, he will look like even more of a fool as president.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:40 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I thought this might get better after the election. Seriously, can't any of his handlers take away his Twitter account?

Donald Trump uses Twitter to lie about "millions" of illegal votes in election.

We all know that the election is decided by the Electoral College, not the popular vote. And I find it highly unlikely that the recount in Wisconsin or other states will be enough to swing the EC to Hillary. So Trump should just be quiet about it, or maybe say "get this recount business over quick so AMerica can move on".

But the man just can't help himself. He's got to double-down by claiming that he won the popular vote also, despite zero supporting evidence. Anyone who thought that a 70-year old was going to "mature" after he takes office is badly mistaken.
The man simply cannot help himself. He won the election yet is upset because he failed to win the popular vote due to voter fraud. Give me a break! It is such a shame that we have a classless con man set to occupy the white house in a few weeks.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:42 AM

451 posts, read 236,353 times
Quote:
Good for him for making up and tweeting it to the whole world?

What else will you praise him for?

Staying at Trump Tower and renting space to the Secret Service to protect him? Gooooo Trump! those taxpayers!

Rewarding big donors with cabinet positions even though they have zero experience! Woo-hoo! Political patronage!!!

Keeping his businesses open and running them while he's president? Hip hip hooray!!!! Conflicts of interest and selling out the country to make a buck!!

Oh yeah. A lot to be proud of.

I understand how you feel........
Attached Thumbnails
crazy Trump tweets continue-index.jpg  

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2016 at 01:24 PM..

Old 11-28-2016, 10:50 AM

776 posts, read 747,149 times
Quote:
There's no harm in looking at it. There's a mechanism in place to do so and people are willing to pay for it.

Personally, I hate voting electronically. You hit "cast ballot" and poof--it's gone. To me, it seems incredibly vulnerable to hacking. It's one area where I think low-tech would be more dependable.
The problem is the EC is supposed to vote on Dec 19. Jill Stein is requesting a hand recount. They also waited until the deadline to request the recount. That means that there are 15 days to meet the deadline for certification in Wisconsin. The Florida recount started a few days after the election and we barely made the EC. We are 2 weeks out from the election this time and they want to do three states and the recounts haven't even started yet. That means that if the SCOTUS isn't involved it will go to Congress and the Senate since Trump will not get to 260 votes. This could become the new strategy for the loser. Let's pretend for a second that Congress and the Senate was currently controlled by the democrats, but Hillary lost the Presidency. If they forced the same recounts causing the EC votes to not count for those states being hand recounted. This would be a perfect strategy to truly steal an election. That's why these recounts shouldn't be allowed for the Presidency unless something major is amiss. We are supposed to be inaugurating a new President on Jan 20th.

Old 11-28-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
I understand how you feel........
I'm not "hurt" by the election results, much less "butt-hurt," whatever that means.

And you clearly don't get a thing.

Trump is an embarrassment to our country. He's a liar. Saying he didn't win the popular vote because millions of people voted illegally is a bald-faced lie. And you apparently don't get that.

He's childish. He tweets with less restraint than a 14-year-old and people all over the world read those tweets. You apparently don't get that either.

He's clueless about what this job entails and you don't get that either.

You're happy because you think you "won" something, but you didn't win anything but four years of cringe-worthy tweets and gaffes by an unfit idiot.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-28-2016 at 01:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections