Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 03:54 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,743,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
He's a narcissist. He cannot stand not being "liked" and/or not winning everything.

It's going to be a long 4 years
Oh no doubt about that. The American people just elected a Twitter Troll to be their President. How crazy it that?? I think he honestly gets a rush off of being hated, just like any good internet troll.

The important thing to realize going forward is the first rule of foruming/tweeting/interneting: Do not feed the troll. Thus far, the Dems have fallen for his trolling in almost every single instance. I'm sitting back watching reactions like this thread and thinking, "You do realize that Trump is screwing with you again, don't you??"

At least we can honestly say we won't be bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 04:06 AM

13,794 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Time will tell. But you're the first CD Trump supporter to agree that the tweets are inappropriate for the president-elect.

Does the substance of the tweet about the millions of illegal voters bother you? Or is it just the immaturity of the tweeting itself?

Not really. While I believe it`s unlikely millions of illegals voted I do feel voter fraud should be taken seriously and strong mandatory id requirements put in place.

Trump wants to tweets? More power to him. Why wait for a press secretary or the MSM.

Best get used to it.

Last edited by john3232; 11-29-2016 at 04:42 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 05:21 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,035,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Well, OF COURSE!!!! Jesus christ, you just spoke volumes about the shallowness and the complete absence of principles in the average Trumphead, and you will never understand what you just said about yourself.

That ignorant, fascist POS can give me a million dollar check anytime he wants to, and sure, I'll cash it and spend it - but that doesn't mean he's a good freaking PRESIDENT, for god's sake! But for you, the bottom line is that if he gives you $1,000,000, then he's a great president. Showing that like most other Trumpheads, you have absolutely no concept of what makes a good president or a bad president.

What, were all you Trumpheads home sick the year they taught "Civics" in "Civics" class? None of you know ANYTHING about governance or the American system of government, nothing at all. Every one of you is completely and PROUDLY ignorant of what makes America different than other countries. None of you could pass a a 4th-grade level civics exam, but you just elected Benito Mussolini President of the United States, and you are actually PROUD of it.

Stunning. Just stunning.
And you will never understand that it's ridiculous rants like yours that will guarantee Trump 8 years.

You lost. The more you carry on, the more sure we are that voting for Trump was the right thing to do.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:17 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,401,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Not really. While I believe it`s unlikely millions of illegals voted I do feel voter fraud should be taken seriously and strong mandatory id requirements put in place.
Sounds like a great argument for a nationwide recount.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:10 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

Trump wants to tweets? More power to him. Why wait for a press secretary or the MSM.

Best get used to it.
He's tweeting outright lies. He appears ridiculous, childish and dishonest.

Less power to him.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:22 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,641,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Time will tell. But you're the first CD Trump supporter to agree that the tweets are inappropriate for the president-elect.

Does the substance of the tweet about the millions of illegal voters bother you? Or is it just the immaturity of the tweeting itself?
I don't any of the blanket accusations he's made without real hard evidence, and I don't like the tweets.

I'm frankly sickened by the entire campaign mentality and how it's conducted, but it's what has been gone on for years.

With all that said, I get very concerned about the number of people that are becoming dependent upon government with social programs among many other trends this nation has been experiencing.

I like how Trump is not a career politician, but he just needs to use common sense right now and put that business sense to good use.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:47 AM

He's starting to embarrass the himself and the country and appears to have no respect for either. This ridiculous behavior of his is being reported all over the entire world. Does he understand what a joke he sounds like? Presidential behavior? All he is doing is reminding people of his childish behavior during the campaign.

He is showing his ignorance and immaturity again. He thinks US citizenship can be revoked. Do you realize how ignorant someone has to be to think this, never mind announce it to the world? He's the quintessential low info voter.

"...And seemingly unrelatedly, Trump used the social-media platform to say he believes “nobody” should be “allowed to burn the American flag.” He added that “there must be consequences—perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!"

Trump tweets new voter fraud claims, blasts CNN, but offers no evidence

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...source=copyurl

'Millions voted illegally' in US election, Trump claims - France 24

Last edited by Enigma777; 11-29-2016 at 07:56 AM..

Old 11-29-2016, 08:12 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,021,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He's starting to embarrass the himself and the country and appears to have no respect for either. This ridiculous behavior of his is being reported all over the entire world. Does he understand what a joke he sounds like? Presidential behavior? All he is doing is reminding people of his childish behavior during the campaign.

He is showing his ignorance and immaturity again. He thinks US citizenship can be revoked. Do you realize how ignorant someone has to be to think this, never mind announce it to the world? He's the quintessential low info voter.

"...And seemingly unrelatedly, Trump used the social-media platform to say he believes “nobody” should be “allowed to burn the American flag.” He added that “there must be consequences—perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!"

Trump tweets new voter fraud claims, blasts CNN, but offers no evidence

Trump: Flag-Burners Should Be Jailed - The Daily Beast

'Millions voted illegally' in US election, Trump claims - France 24

I will say this: upon his being sworn in, if he continues down his 'twitter road' of undisciplined tweets, you may start to hear people talk about the applicability of the 25th Amendment, Paragraph 4. Essentially, this is the amendment that states that a president may be relieved of his (or her) duties if the majority of the cabinet, and the vice-president, write a letter to Congress stating that said president is unfit to carry out the duties of office.

From Paragraph 4:

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

The second paragraph details how the president may then fight the declaration.

An interesting read about this situation:

How To Keep Trump From Becoming President? 25th Amendment Could Declare Republican Mentally Unfit

Now, I disagree with the article which implies that it can be used to prevent Mr. Trump from being sworn in as president. The 25th clearly speaks to an acting president.

I also have grave doubts that Mr. Pence and the majority of Mr. Trump's cabinet would write such a letter. For one, Mr. Trump is putting people in his cabinet that, apparently, believe his conduct is fine and dandy.

Yet, if the majority of his cabinet do come to believe that Mr. Trump is unfit, I bet Congress would go along with it (I mean, if a cabinet of rather unfit people believe their leader is unfit, holy cow).

I also believe that Congress would much rather have a sober, responsible person such as Mike Pence leading the country, rather than Mr. Trump.

As I have said, since Trump won, many Republicans have, belatedly, jumped on the Trump bandwagon (easy to do, once it is stopped due to victory), but I bet plenty of them groan everyday to read Mr. Trump's latest twitter-storm.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:28 PM

13,794 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will say this: upon his being sworn in, if he continues down his 'twitter road' of undisciplined tweets, you may start to hear people talk about the applicability of the 25th Amendment, Paragraph 4. Essentially, this is the amendment that states that a president may be relieved of his (or her) duties if the majority of the cabinet, and the vice-president, write a letter to Congress stating that said president is unfit to carry out the duties of office.

From Paragraph 4:

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

The second paragraph details how the president may then fight the declaration.

An interesting read about this situation:

How To Keep Trump From Becoming President? 25th Amendment Could Declare Republican Mentally Unfit

Now, I disagree with the article which implies that it can be used to prevent Mr. Trump from being sworn in as president. The 25th clearly speaks to an acting president.

I also have grave doubts that Mr. Pence and the majority of Mr. Trump's cabinet would write such a letter. For one, Mr. Trump is putting people in his cabinet that, apparently, believe his conduct is fine and dandy.

Yet, if the majority of his cabinet do come to believe that Mr. Trump is unfit, I bet Congress would go along with it (I mean, if a cabinet of rather unfit people believe their leader is unfit, holy cow).

I also believe that Congress would much rather have a sober, responsible person such as Mike Pence leading the country, rather than Mr. Trump.

As I have said, since Trump won, many Republicans have, belatedly, jumped on the Trump bandwagon (easy to do, once it is stopped due to victory), but I bet plenty of them groan everyday to read Mr. Trump's latest twitter-storm.

Tweets allow Trump to bypass the MSM. Don't like the tweets? Fine don't read them. However, plenty of people do. They are direct and to the point.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:11 PM

Where did this even come from? Did he see something on the internet? A magazine? Everyone knows this is his ADD kicking in.

Bait him with a tweet. Our enemies must love knowing that the PE is easily distracted by shiny objects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections