Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 11:45 PM

30,767 posts, read 18,504,872 times

Advertisements

The feds can't force states to look at election fraud due to constitutional/10th Amendment anti-commandeering principles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 11:46 PM

979 posts, read 493,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
How do you know ? If I'm an illegal and I show up to vote in California with a driver's license and I'm permitted to vote ... is that fraud ?
How did you get the driver's license? An AB-60 license states there are federal limits to the license and makes it not an acceptable license to use when voting for federal elections.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:40 AM

37,833 posts, read 41,181,592 times
I'm going with a mandatory 5 years in a federal prison for voting illegally in a federal election and I don't care whether you are an illegal alien, a widowed grandma voting absentee for your dead husband or a rich dude with multiple homes who votes in multiple states. The only difference is after the 5 years, the illegal is deported.

Also, for failing to clean up their voter databases, states have to lose a big chunk of federal money.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:27 AM

21,992 posts, read 15,791,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm going with a mandatory 5 years in a federal prison for voting illegally in a federal election and I don't care whether you are an illegal alien, a widowed grandma voting absentee for your dead husband or a rich dude with multiple homes who votes in multiple states. The only difference is after the 5 years, the illegal is deported.

Also, for failing to clean up their voter databases, states have to lose a big chunk of federal money.
Five years? Okay, here's one:

Since then, Rote herself has spoken out to explain why she attempted to cast two votes for Donald Trump:

"I wasn't planning on doing it twice, it was spur of the moment.

The polls are rigged."

First 'Attempted Voter Fraud' Arrest Made of 2016 Election & It Doesn't Exactly Look Good for Trump

Old 11-29-2016, 03:47 AM

14,087 posts, read 8,236,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Not with retina scan, fingerprints & a picture. Enough is enough with voter fraud ...

Roger that.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:54 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,793,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
And yet the federal government managed to coerce all States into having seat-belt laws and raising the drinking age to 21 years, among things.
That is a requirement in order to receive Federal Highway Funding and that power is covered by the Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 of the US Constitution. It would not give the Federal goverment to dictate how elections are handled.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:55 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,793,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Everyone keeps saying there's very little election fraud except president elect nutjob.
Hmm Nope.

Jill Stein, Hillary Clinton & their benefactor George Soros are actually trying to prove it in 3 states by spending millions of dollars.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:12 AM

57,400 posts, read 26,435,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
This true, but there are two follow on issues.

First, it's not that hard to clean up the data. Things like Social Security, tax, and drivers license records can be cross matched to flag the out of date registrations.

Second, the states either know, or should easily be able to know, which registered voters actually voted. So if you follow the trail from one end to the other, you can determine which and how many people with likely bad registrations actually voted. That would give you a good handle on the amount of actual voter fraud their is.

Of course, there are likely people in government who don't want the public getting that information.
I just think that like any bureaucracy they are inefficient as are local jurisdictions reporting deaths, people moving to other districts without notification. There will always be large inaccuracies but that doesn't equate to fraud. I recall around 3 years ago (NC?) that there were thousands of people registered in two states and the automatic assumption was fraud but that was not the case.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:18 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,994,173 times
Quote:
In this case it would be fairly easy. Follow the trail starting with well maintained databases that can validate the legitimacy of a person's identity and if they fit the categories of people who can legitimatelycan vote (meaning being alive, are citizens, etc.), wash the state voter registration lists against those databases. The non-matches of that operation would be a list of invalid registrations. Then get the list of voter sign ins, and match that against the list of invalid registrations. Any hits are probable cause to believe that those voters committed fraud.

What's so difficult?
The number of people who have moved from district to district and re-registered to vote.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:38 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,356,318 times
Quote:
I don't know why the states don't do this on their own, but Trump and the congressional Republicans should pass a law forcing the states to do the following.

After any election for federal office, the states should have to wash their registration lists against federal databases like the Social Security Death Register, and others that would indicate that a registered voter might be ineligible to vote. They would then have to compare the result of that list with the list recording who actually voted. If the list shows ineligible voters accounted for more that 0.01% of the vote in that state, the registration list would have to be scrubbed, and the election reheld.

In point of fact, the states should scrub their registration lists before each election is held, but people will complain that legitimate voters might get knocked out.

Everyone keeps saying there's very little election fraud. This would prove it one way of the other.

Considering all the hacking done before the election and the possibly of hacking in the General Election, Obama should have ordered paper ballots for the General Election by executive order. Obama did nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections