Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you regret voting for Trump
I voted for Trump and I have no regrets 149 91.41%
I voted for Trump, and I'm starting to regret my chouce 14 8.59%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 11:07 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
A secretary of Education with no education experience, and who believes vouchers and charter schools are the answer?

A climate change denier at the EPA?

A surgeon at HUD?
Do you honestly believe EVERY Obama cabinet appointment was "qualified"?

Many of us are FOR vouchers and school choice.

Why are you so against them?

"A surgeon at HUD?"

Dr. Carson GREW UP IN GOVT housings so he is MORE qualified then some academia who has NEVER lived in it.

Ignorance is bliss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 11:13 AM

30,655 posts, read 18,263,167 times
Don't look now, but a Clintonista has infiltrated the poll and seeks to be counted as one who "regrets" their vote

Old 11-28-2016, 11:14 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,830,100 times
He hasn't even started his term yet. Why would I regret not picking a liberal?

Old 11-28-2016, 11:17 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
A secretary of Education with no education experience, and who believes vouchers and charter schools are the answer?

A climate change denier at the EPA?

A surgeon at HUD?
Sounds like you are more than curious, sounds like you hate the man and trying to make people dislike him more... just saying... Merry Christmas...

Old 11-28-2016, 11:24 AM

30,655 posts, read 18,263,167 times
Which makes me think that you're a Clintonista posing as a now-disgruntled former Trump supporter. After all, it was clear well before the vote that Trump wasn't going to release his taxes. And, while I generally favor transparency in this regard, ultimately I didn't care as leftists would attack him unfairly whether he released or didn't release his taxes.

Also, Trump has long stated some of his preferences for cabinet positions, which include many successful, "billionaire" men and women. So, again, why would old news (news that was available before the vote) make you change your mind? Try fooling someone else.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-28-2016 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 11-28-2016, 11:39 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,338,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
He hasn't even started his term yet. Why would I regret not picking a liberal?
Not only that, but wouldn't people who regret supporting him only come to that conclusion after he has taken office and not measured up to their expectations? Its only been (3) weeks since the election and is still nearly 2 months away from even being President!

Old 11-28-2016, 11:42 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,972,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Not only that, but wouldn't people who regret supporting him only come to that conclusion after he has taken office and not measured up to their expectations? Its only been (3) weeks since the election and is still nearly 2 months away from even being President!
I heard a lot of Trump supporters claim that he was more moderate than some of his more campaign positions, and basically "playing to the cheap seats", but some of his appointees are scary.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:44 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,284,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Vilsack as Secretary of Agriculture comes to mind immediately. Being governor of a rural state doesn't make one an expert on agriculture issues.

That being said, he's actually done a pretty good job. Which goes to show that you really can't judge a book by its cover.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:47 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,972,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Many of us are FOR vouchers and school choice.

Why are you so against them?

"A surgeon at HUD?"

Dr. Carson GREW UP IN GOVT housings so he is MORE qualified then some academia who has NEVER lived in it.

Ignorance is bliss!
are you using "grew up in the projects" as a qualification for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development?

I'll address the school vouchers on merit, though: The Secretary of Education would work on FIXING the schools, not circumventing them. The free market is not a public education solution, in fact, it makes public schools worse. School vouchers don't benefit the poor, because they don't cover full tuition, and there aren't unlimited seats available in private schools. They simply make it easier for more affluent parents to provide their children with a private education. There is no worse person to task with overhauling our education system than someone who would prefer to simply abandon it.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-28-2016 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: inappropriate content

Old 11-28-2016, 11:48 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Poll speaks for itself.

I did regret voting for Obama. Turned out to be one of the laziest Presidents in American history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections