Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 07:40 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,278,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump is nominating Tom Price in a few hours as HHS Secretary. Tom Price and Paul Ryan are planning on privatizing Medicare which they are calling the Medicare Phase Out in the second budget using reconciliation.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...erhaul-in-2017

Seniors need to get ready to shop for plans with the coupon Paul Ryan gives them.

TPM is a liberal far left commentary opinion site which you come here and repeat as fact.

this is a site that praises Fidel Castro!........way to go Seacove!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/castro--2

Old 11-29-2016, 07:56 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,009,378 times
Quote:
Boeing only has about 80,000 employees in the Seattle metro. Microsoft and Amazon combined have about the same. Then you add companies like Facebook, Google, Tableau, Docusign, Tesla, Caradigm, Expedia, etc. and those tech companies dwarf Boeing. Only 8% of Seattle voted for Trump. Jeff Bezos and Trump are in complete opposition, so no, Seattle is not a friend of Trump. Trump only got 38% of the entire state of Washington. For all of King County, Trump only got 20%. Trump also lost Snohomish County where he got 37% and that includes Boeing. Trump even lost a county in Eastern Washington.
No, Microsoft and Amazon have a little over 60k employees, and a good percentage of them don't even work at their headquarters. Microsoft and Boeing aren't even in Seattle. All those companies you just listed don't make up for the military, shipyards, or shipping business in the sound, which all swing Republican.

My point is that Seattle proper isn't Seattle. It's just one part of the area that makes up only about 1/6th the population of the area. Seattle proper is home to the University, is heavily gay, and like I said......Is crawling with hipsters. Most of which aren't even originally from the area. To say that because these people voted over 90% against trump (I doubt that as well because your cite is BS) doesn't mean that the other 3 million people that live and work in that area did. Also, if you think that those working in tech voted 90% against Trump you are sadly mistaken.

You see there is this thing about people over 30 that make lots of money........They like keeping it

I have no doubt that that Trump got less than 30% in most of the Seattle Metro, but less than 10%........come on man

Old 11-29-2016, 08:13 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
No, Microsoft and Amazon have a little over 60k employees, and a good percentage of them don't even work at their headquarters. Microsoft and Boeing aren't even in Seattle. All those companies you just listed don't make up for the military, shipyards, or shipping business in the sound, which all swing Republican.

My point is that Seattle proper isn't Seattle. It's just one part of the area that makes up only about 1/6th the population of the area. Seattle proper is home to the University, is heavily gay, and like I said......Is crawling with hipsters. Most of which aren't even originally from the area. To say that because these people voted over 90% against trump (I doubt that as well because your cite is BS) doesn't mean that the other 3 million people that live and work in that area did. Also, if you think that those working in tech voted 90% against Trump you are sadly mistaken.

You see there is this thing about people over 30 that make lots of money........They like keeping it

I have no doubt that that Trump got less than 30% in most of the Seattle Metro, but less than 10%........come on man
What does where the voter came from have to do with the vote result? Like I said, Trump only got 21% of King County, 37% of Snohomish and yes, tech is very much against Trump. I already looked up all the numbers, not bothering again since the vote is now being partitioned off to hipsters and gays, etc. And yes, Trump got less than 10% in Seattle proper. He received more black votes than Seattle votes.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/washington

Old 11-29-2016, 08:29 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Trump is nominating Tom Price in a few hours as HHS Secretary. Tom Price and Paul Ryan are planning on privatizing Medicare which they are calling the Medicare Phase Out in the second budget using reconciliation.
OK so you can't prove what you stated. That is that Trump will privatize Medicare.

You only give baseless opinion as fact. When you can cite any legislation in the works that will do this, get back to us.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:31 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
What does where the voter came from have to do with the vote result? Like I said, Trump only got 21% of King County, 37% of Snohomish and yes, tech is very much against Trump. I already looked up all the numbers, not bothering again since the vote is now being partitioned off to hipsters and gays, etc. And yes, Trump got less than 10% in Seattle proper. He received more black votes than Seattle votes.

So?

Trump won the election.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:47 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Jubilation! Relief! Real hope for the future of America. Freedom regained.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
I live in Seattle. Trump won 8% of the vote. It's not hard to imagine the revulsion.
Probably the most 'liberal' state in the Union behind California.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:58 AM

451 posts, read 236,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Yeah, women are more than half of the country and thank God that the majority of them vote on real issues that affects them directly not for what a candidate has between their legs.

yeah I heard all the Democrats scare tactics on S.S. and Medicare for years, you wouldn't believe what they said of Reagan when he got elected in 1980.....Republicans will throw granny off a cliff......LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnE83A1Z4U

Was that Hillary? If so no big loss!

Old 11-29-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Before or after posting umpteen rants on this forum November 9, degrading uneducated Middle Americans, rural people, Trump's "funny looking kids"...they're all there, if anyone has the time to read them.
These people assume, wrongly, that Trump supporters are all uneducated. He has never seen my Facebook page and friends, most all college educated, at least one is a writer (her work appears regularly on several Internet blog sites), all are people with good jobs who live in upscale neighborhoods across America, and most driving cars a lot fancier than mine (a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan). And I mean to tell you, some of these people live in huge houses!

But they try to brush Trump supporters off as being inferior to themselves. They are self-important liberal no nothings.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:01 AM

451 posts, read 236,353 times
Quote:
I live in Seattle. Trump won 8% of the vote. It's not hard to imagine the revulsion.

Hmm.....So do you think many Washingtonians are so revolted that the suicide rate will rise in the state?

Oh well......No big loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections