Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 12:43 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,970,676 times

Advertisements

We know that Trump will hide behind Twitter and avoid press conferences, where he wouldn't be able to answer questions anyway, due to his lack of knowledge of the issues. His followers will eat it up, since they don't believe the media anyway (unfair!) and rely on fake news websites and the word of the their leader himself.

The most thin-skinned president in history will continue to lash out at enemies who are big meanies, decry those who disagree because they're bad hombres, try to silence dissent because it's unfair to him, and continue to be involved in his business affairs because he's so above it all.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:06 PM

451 posts, read 236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
We know that Trump will hide behind Twitter and avoid press conferences, where he wouldn't be able to answer questions anyway, due to his lack of knowledge of the issues. His followers will eat it up, since they don't believe the media anyway (unfair!) and rely on fake news websites and the word of the their leader himself.

The most thin-skinned president in history will continue to lash out at enemies who are big meanies, decry those who disagree because they're bad hombres, try to silence dissent because it's unfair to him, and continue to be involved in his business affairs because he's so above it all.

Wrong. Trump is taking his message to the people via TWitter because he does not trust the media.....and neither do I. The media is biased....especially the likes of RAchel Madcow and her cohorts at MSNBC. So screw the media. They hate Trump and he hates them. So cut them out! Smart man.

Can't wait for Trump to take office and dismantle the fiasco that has been the Obuma administration!

Old 11-29-2016, 02:11 PM

451 posts, read 236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
This would be on a...WEDNESDAY? A work day for most people? Wow, I wish I got to stare mindlessly at water and tour wineries instead of going to work in the smack dab middle of the week... Wish I had YOUR career.

The only people I know who can do this are trust fund babies. Or comfortably retired.
So I suppose in your world people that worked hard, invested early and often in the stock market, maybe even received a juicy inheritance just don't deserve to retire in their 50's kick back and enjoy life?
Well continue to work hard and maybe someday you can join the ranks of those that have achieved FIRE
( Financial Independence ....Retired Early).

Old 11-29-2016, 02:31 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,970,676 times
trump is not using Twitter to distract us from his agenda. Bannon & Co. are using trump to distract us from theirs. trump drained the swamp and now has the sludge.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:33 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Probably the most 'liberal' state in the Union behind California.
And one of the many reasons I love it so much. We need to build a wall.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That is a bald faced lie. I spent some years in central WA when I was a teen, and there are PLENTY of people who worked those crops...even teenagers for summer jobs. Having said that, the hiring of illegals has been going on since I was a kid. They were everywhere. Back then, however, they were not the majority of the workers, they were about half...so they took jobs away, but they didn't take all of them away. The Japanese would come over, as well, to test out making "designer" apples, but the Japanese were not illegal, and they only worked in a few orchards.

The Hispanics would come up, pick the apples, set up the orchards for the winter, and then they would move out to another state to work on other crops. It was my first time seeing their little white huts that they cram themselves in to. It's literally a one story, stone hut. The huts were white. Many lived in each hut. They were single males that came up every single year and sent all of that money back to their families...if they didn't spend it at the bar.

They didn't cause too many problems as far as crime, but they would sometimes follow us in cars as we rode our bikes around the neighborhood. At that point, some kids would just yell out, "My dad works for Border Patrol" and off they would go. Kind of stupid since we weren't near a border.

Not all orchards up there hired illegals, and the ones that didn't, had PLENTY of American citizens working those orchards. The apple packing plants were not inundated with illegals at the time, it was all American citizens working in those plants. In that part of the country, that was ALL that there was to do because it was all orchards. You might have a few constructions workers, hospital workers, teachers, and some store clerks, but other than that, there was nothing else to do for work.

Now when I look up that town, it's 80% Hispanic. I don't care that it is, I care HOW it got to be that way, and much of that is the acceptance of people in this country to hire illegals.

But don't think for a minute that the liberal cries about illegals "wanting the same life we have" means jack all, because it's also a lie. Unless liberals think it's okay for people to be crammed in to a tiny white hut making hardly any money as compared to what we teenagers got for working that same orchard.
Exactly what is a lie? That times have changed since then? H-2A is a legal program, I posted the link. The farmers are hiring these workers legally and they are hiring them because they need the workers. If Americans want to go pick crops in Central Washington, they should go do it. Should they just let their crops rot because no one wants to go do the back breaking work? Is everyone willing to pay more for food because there is less of it? Did anyone - anyone complain when Trump hired those H1B workers in Florida? I saw nothing but defenses of Trump. Why is it different when it's not Trump?

Old 11-29-2016, 02:43 PM

20,770 posts, read 19,995,431 times
I live in Cali and everybody just assums I hate Trump. I don't. At stores, work, anywhere..... people are sad, mad, shocked and talk to random strangers about how horrible this is but nobody really says anything specifically other than he is SO BAD if I ask them.

I am getting tired about people saying only idiots/rednecks/clueless/stupid/racist/uneducated people voted for Trump. I try not to get insulted and just change the topic.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
This would be on a...WEDNESDAY? A work day for most people? Wow, I wish I got to stare mindlessly at water and tour wineries instead of going to work in the smack dab middle of the week... Wish I had YOUR career.

The only people I know who can do this are trust fund babies. Or comfortably retired.
I often work from home but why would that be anyone's business? If I'm pulling reports at 3:00 a.m. for a deadline, does anyone want to wake up and assist? Yes, I live in a very beautiful place and that is my choice.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:47 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,203,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly what is a lie? That times have changed since then? H-2A is a legal program, I posted the link. The farmers are hiring these workers legally and they are hiring them because they need the workers. If Americans want to go pick crops in Central Washington, they should go do it. Should they just let their crops rot because no one wants to go do the back breaking work? Is everyone willing to pay more for food because there is less of it? Did anyone - anyone complain when Trump hired those H1B workers in Florida? I saw nothing but defenses of Trump. Why is it different when it's not Trump?
For what reason would Trump hire H-1B workers ?

Old 11-29-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
For what reason would Trump hire H-1B workers ?
He said he couldn't find workers. That was this summer.

Donald Trump in an interview Sunday dismissed criticism over his hiring of foreign workers.

Trump: It's 'very, very hard' to hire workers for Florida resort | TheHill

Trump supporters defended him just as strongly as they do about his manufacturing overseas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections