Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:22 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, this is the "icing on the cake", "The Most Wonderful Time In Eight Years", it is well worth watching! I do wonder though, don't parents teach good sportsmanship anymore and that if you want "stuff" you need to get a job and buy it for yourself? Evidently not many parents of the current wave of Dems.

This really is good and "Merry Christmas" and let's face it, with Trump being sworn in and Obama gone, do I even need to wish people a "Happy New Year"? Too obvious it will be "The Most Wonderful Time In Eight Years".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW85ZcswiqM
Great Video! A lot of hard work went into it and I hope everyone here takes a look at it!

Old 12-12-2016, 06:04 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Obama has thicker skin that Trump does, I don't recall ever having a president taking to social media to cry about SNL making fun of him. Talk about a sad little snowflake. I can't believe we have a president-elect that can't have people saying mean things about him without him throwing a hissy fit.
Oh puhleez!

Obama is a petulant child who when he doesn't get his way bypasses congress and issues EOs. Case in point---DACA. Then he tried DAPA but was stopped by the Circuit Court. Even though he was barred from doing DAPA, he still kept at it until he was caught.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:14 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,830,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It appears Trump is the least popular newly elected president of the past five - by far:

Pew just published approval ratings for the last five presidents during their transition periods, with approval a) for explaining their policies and plans and b) for their cabinet choices. They are Bush 65/59, Clinton 62/64, Bush 50/58, Obama 72/71. For Trump they are 41/40.

Everyone comes down from these highs. But Trump is starting with dramatically lower marks than any recent predecessor.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...-at-the-bottom
Are these the same polls that said Hillary would win? Lol.

And before you say "well technically she won the popular vote, so the national polls were right" remember it had her winning Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and even some were saying Arizona, Ohio, and Iowa.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:35 PM

979 posts, read 491,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh puhleez!

Obama is a petulant child who when he doesn't get his way bypasses congress and issues EOs. Case in point---DACA. Then he tried DAPA but was stopped by the Circuit Court. Even though he was barred from doing DAPA, he still kept at it until he was caught.
You do realize that presidents have the power to issue EOs whenever they feel it is needed. That doesn't make someone a petulant child, that just makes them a president. Trump crying about SNL every week on Twitter is the example of a thin skinned child that is a special snowflake.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:09 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,292,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All the polling done to trash Trump, from the Fake Nonsense News Media, have been proven false.

The election results proved that.
The national polling was dead on. Clinton averaged 3-4 percentage points in the polls and won by about 3. The idea that the polling was off nationally just isn't accurate. Now if you want to talk about state polls, you might be onto something.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:12 PM

3 posts, read 1,626 times
Have a very Trumpy Christmas...and a Trumpy New Year!

Old 12-13-2016, 03:52 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What they proved is more people wanted Hillary than Lil' Donny Thin Skin, deal with it.
There are much better names than that. You make him sound like a lovable comic strip character. He's a birther for god's sake. A swindler, a habitual liar and a sociopath.. Great name I just heard is to combine is bent for dictators and Twitter is Twitler.

Old 12-13-2016, 04:43 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Are these the same polls that said Hillary would win? Lol.

And before you say "well technically she won the popular vote, so the national polls were right" remember it had her winning Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and even some were saying Arizona, Ohio, and Iowa.
Careful now. Trump's familiar, Kellyanne Conway, is a pollster. Even she is reluctant to criticize all the polls.

Old 12-13-2016, 05:25 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,751,960 times
WOW I entered this thread thinking, everyone was gonna be polite and just wishing each other a very merry christmas, but instead 4 pages of vitriol. There are 12 days before christmas, I hope you all have a great holiday season or what ever you do during this time of year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyEyMjdD2uk

Old 12-13-2016, 06:27 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
WOW I entered this thread thinking, everyone was gonna be polite and just wishing each other a very merry christmas, but instead 4 pages of vitriol. There are 12 days before christmas, I hope you all have a great holiday season or what ever you do during this time of year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyEyMjdD2uk

You too! I love the snowflakes falling in the video...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections