Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 08:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- Yeah, and...? My parents sent out such cards to their non-Christian friends as did I. To their Christian friends, they sent "Merry Christmas" cards, as do I.

You really live in a bubble to not be aware that at many businesses, sales clerks are not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" and are told to say "Happy Holidays".

As I pointed out, people get told not to say "Christmas tree" but instead say "holiday tree". I was once corrected about that at a job I worked.

It seems to me that the lady doth protests waaaay too much! This really hits a nerve for you.

Once again, Ringo --- Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I know that I will

Oh, and BTW---Calling Trump supporters "Trumpeters" is very immature of you. I never called Hillary supporters names---always referred to them as "Hillary supporters".
Because it's BS. But - hey - if it makes you feel good to be a victim - carry on.

Psst: There are still going to be diverse businesses that stick to Happy Holidays. I work in one such
Fortune 500 Company with many diverse people with diverse beliefs.

Some are even Trump supporters.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:15 AM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because it's BS. But - hey - if it makes you feel good to be a victim - carry on.

Psst: There are still going to be diverse businesses that stick to Happy Holidays. I work in one such
Fortune 500 Company with many diverse people with diverse beliefs.

Some are even Trump supporters.

Took you awhile to come up with a non-answer.

A victim? Nah. Not me. I think that you are projecting here. Just pointing out the facts does not make one a victim.

Are people who don't celebrate Christmas so offended if someone says it to them? According to your libs, the answer is "yes".

Oh...And you have a Merry Christmas, Ringo---and a Happy New Year! I know that I will And don't be afraid to wish others a "Merry Christmas". What's the worst that they can do to you? Give you a dirty look? Have a crying, screaming meltdown?

Old 12-22-2016, 11:38 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,460,602 times
Here in Portland Oregon, I have heard the words "Merry Christmas" more times in the last week than I have heard them in the past several years.

Interesting in a town like this.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Took you awhile to come up with a non-answer.

A victim? Nah. Not me. I think that you are projecting here. Just pointing out the facts does not make one a victim.

Are people who don't celebrate Christmas so offended if someone says it to them? According to your libs, the answer is "yes".

Oh...And you have a Merry Christmas, Ringo---and a Happy New Year! I know that I will And don't be afraid to wish others a "Merry Christmas". What's the worst that they can do to you? Give you a dirty look? Have a crying, screaming meltdown?
Wow. That didn't take long.

Do you have this bookmarked so you can respond as soon as I type a word?

It's good that you are all over this issue. Majority Christians can all sleep easy tonight.

You have a merry little Christmas yourself. See? I have no fear. I do not need Trump's permission to wish another Merry Christmas OR Happy Holidays. Never will; never did.

But you feel better now and I understand that you had some kind of anxiety about it.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:34 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wow. That didn't take long.

Do you have this bookmarked so you can respond as soon as I type a word?

[Nope. Wrong yet again

It's good that you are all over this issue. Majority Christians can all sleep easy tonight.

I never lost any sleep over it. Nor do I have "some kind of anxiety". Doc, you should know better than to diagnose someone you haven't seen in person. IIRC, you were one of the anti-Trumps who criticized doctors who attempted to diagnose your gal, Hillary, online. BTW, do you have a problem with Christians?

You have a merry little Christmas yourself. See? I have no fear. I do not need Trump's permission to wish another Merry Christmas OR Happy Holidays. Never will; never did.

Uh huh. So, you go around wishing everybody you see a "Merry Christmas"? Somehow I doubt it.

But you feel better now and I understand that you had some kind of anxiety about it.

Again, for some reason, this whole issue struck a nerve with you. Let.it.go. You will feel better

Old 12-22-2016, 05:39 PM

11,358 posts, read 16,723,324 times
I will say that I'm hearing more Merry Christmas from others than I've heard in years.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:47 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I will say that I'm hearing more Merry Christmas from others than I've heard in years.
Yeah, the last time I've heard the most Merry Christmas was when Bill Clinton was in office.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:49 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,635,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All the polling done to trash Trump, from the Fake Nonsense News Media, have been proven false.

The election results proved that.
The election didn't prove a thing other than the Republicans don't care about hacking by Russians who they used to hate. Now, they seem to be one big happy family!

Old 12-22-2016, 05:50 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,635,445 times
Republicans = Hypocrisy

Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Then tell him and his daughter not to outsource their jobs because it's cheaper. His jobs aren't even in the US so why do you think he will bring jobs back. If they bring their jobs to the US, then I will support him. But they won't. He can bully other companies here but it's just laughable until he brings his jobs to our country. His vested interest is in all his investments around the world....not us. His ego wanted to be president.
What kinda irrational and unreasonable logic is that?
What would be the point of putting tariffs on his own products, if production here is not the goal.

I swear, some people cannot think past the tip of their noses, they look down on the little people with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections