Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 06:49 AM

19,887 posts, read 9,437,343 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNzz0rxPek

Kasich is urging all electors, in the interest of unity, to not go rogue. According to the video, he said that he is against any more division in the country and that he is not running for POTUS,

Just one more proof that Kasich is a good, honorable and decent man; and it is a pity and a shame that he is not the President-Elect.

Last edited by katharsis; 12-15-2016 at 07:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 06:55 AM

17,362 posts, read 11,332,349 times
Kasich was your perfect candidate if you supported illegal aliens, open borders and amnesty. Regarding immigration, he was just another Hillary with a Republican label. Americans didn't buy it. I'm certain he's a very good person with good intentions but I couldn't and wouldn't support him because of this.
Maybe in Ohio, the illegal alien situation is no big deal, but it is where i live.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:58 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,704,925 times
When will Hillary say the same thing?

Kaisch proves he has more scruples and cares more about American than either Hillary or Obama.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Kasich was your perfect candidate if you supported illegal aliens, open borders and amnesty. Regarding immigration, he was just another Hillary with a Republican label. Americans didn't buy it. I'm certain he's a very good person with good intentions but I couldn't and wouldn't support him because of this.
Maybe in Ohio, the illegal alien situation is no big deal, but it is where i live.
Actually, I disagree with Kasich on almost ALL issues -- and especially on illegal immigration! -- but I think that integrity is more important any other quality in our leaders today, and a true wish to unify this country -- to make things fair for ALL citizens -- is more important than any other issue.

I would rather vote for someone I felt I could trust than for someone whose statements on political issues were 100% in agreement with mine if i felt that the second person was a liar, crook, closet racist, etc. (Of course, this is within reason, as I certainly would never vote for someone who would say they would try to eliminate the "Bill of Rights", for example!)

Old 12-15-2016, 07:17 AM

33,592 posts, read 18,213,853 times
Kasich was for Nafta . Kasich could be very nasty . I saw him lose it twice and got nasty and mean. I never saw Trump nasty. never.. he used words but never in a nasty spirit. Trump just said them with no emotionally nasty hateful way that Kasich spoke.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Kasich was for Nafta . Kasich could be very nasty . I saw him lose it twice and got nasty and mean. I never saw Trump nasty. never.. he used words but never in a nasty spirit. Trump just said them with no emotionally nasty hateful way that Kasich spoke.
I would be interested in seeing an example.

And, just btw, I am not sure I understood your last sentence. Did you mean to say that Kasich was unemotionally nasty and hateful? If you did, are you sure that he was just not being truthful -- as he saw it, anyway? Personally, I would rather have someone state a hard and unpleasant fact and opinion in a calm and objective way that result to rudeness and insults, like Trump does!

And I think it is actually laughable how you can say that Trump never said things in a nasty spirit! Did you never watch a single debate between him and HIllary? Or read any of the many articles or see any of the many newsclips of his rudeness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e32EapqqutM

This is just one of MANY. Try Googling or doing a Youtube search on "Trump insults". (Btw, the last 20 seconds of so of the above video is almost hysterically funny, not to say ironic.)

Old 12-15-2016, 07:47 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,889,086 times
Its ironic that the Hillary Campaign is running... BE DIVISIVE... RENEGE ON YOUR DUTY... and will lie, cheat, and deceive to get there... the right President won... His name is Trump...

Old 12-15-2016, 08:32 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,425,074 times
The bigger point is:

We also have President Obama’s behavior — the unprecedented and reprehensible act of using America’s intelligence services to discredit his successor....

It’s small and cheap and completely expected from a President who poisoned almost every American institution he touched.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/ther...-is-a-major-a/

Old 12-15-2016, 10:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNzz0rxPek

Kasich is urging all electors, in the interest of unity, to not go rogue. According to the video, he said that he is against any more division in the country and that he is not running for POTUS,

Just one more proof that Kasich is a good, honorable and decent man; and it is a pity and a shame that he is not the President-Elect.
holy cow, now we are seeing the supporters of other Republicans come out of the woodwork and start whining. Many of us supported other candidates, I certainly did, but it is time to move on. We have a Republican Pres. elect, he seems to be doing a decent job with his cabinet and we need to not wonder what could have been but to accept what is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections