Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 06:04 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,373,352 times

Advertisements

No reputable news source is reporting this and why would she want to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 06:13 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
As bad and as crooked as Hillary is, she would most likely do a better job than DeBlasio.

Will she do it? Hmm. I don't think so. Unless it can be leveraged to restart the donations to the Clinton Foundation I can't see why she would be interested. It would be a big big step down from NY US Senator & Secretary of State.

Hillary has failed twice to take the Presidential brass ring and as stupid as the DNC seems to be these days, I doubt they would rig another nomination for her. So I'm thinking that Hillary is done with public office.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:44 AM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Hillary has to stay in politics to steal tax dollars for her lifestyle. 90% of New Yorkers are liberals because of the poison that the media and newspapers tell them how to think. It is easy to go with the flow then to actually think for themselves.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:19 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,010,651 times
Default Hillary running for NY Mayor?

"Even after the turmoil of the 2016 presidential bout, political hubbub continues. Consider that Hillary Clinton is now considering a run for New York City mayor in an election that will take place in just nine months."

Hillary Clinton being urged to run for mayor of New York - Washington Times

And of course we have the obligatory quote from someone in the know...

“If she ran, she’d win,” one insider told Mr. Gizzi.

NY can have her, perfect match as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:25 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,115,404 times
“If she ran, she’d win,” one insider told Mr. Gizzi.

This sounds familiar, yes?

Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,212,300 times
Awww...that's so cute for her!

Old 01-06-2017, 07:58 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What a joke...it's like running just for the heck of running and with her losing record

Btw doesn's she officially has to live in NY which she doesn't.
Yes she lives in NY.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:36 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,736,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
I couldn't imagine her taking a step down like this, while I think she would have no problem winning and would probably do well as the mayor of NYC, I just don't see it happening. I imagine Hillary and Bill will simply enjoy retirement doing post political things that still keeps them in politics in some sort of fashion.

As for how bad de Blasio is doing, I haven't really paid any attention to him as mayor of NYC other than what I hear when I am there visiting. I do recall the rich people in the Upper East Side complaining that their streets didn't get plowed fast enough, but it was really hard for me to have any sympathy for them over that.
How is this a "step down"? It will her first executive experience if elected.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:51 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,733,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I question how many liberals, particularly NYC liberals, really like her.
Are you kidding me? NYC (manhattan specifically) is her home base chock full of fanboys and fangirls. They LOVE her, they voted something like 84% for her against a guy who's actually born and bred in NYC and helped build up the place

Old 01-06-2017, 09:15 AM

9,373 posts, read 14,325,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post

Hillary Clinton Urged to Run for New York Mayor

I find this curious. I know she won the presidential election in NYC by a landslide ...
The only type of election that Bill Clinton's wife can win is a safe seat gifted to her, like the New York US Senate seat, possibly NYC mayor, or be appointed to high office, such as secretary of state, as a political favor.

Obviously whoever the party hack urging her to do this is worried about name recognition, but history has shown that Bill Clinton's wife is otherwise meritless.

To be sure, then, Bill Clinton's wife is not up to the job, for myriad reasons, but, as posters have alluded to, she just might try it for the perks and, yes, the New York electorate, both state and city, is that dumb.

Last edited by bale002; 01-06-2017 at 09:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections