Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:27 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,284,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It's no secret. Trump won the majority of non-college educated white men, period. They were joined by a minority of white women, college graduates and millennials, a big enough percentage that, combined with the first group, they added up to, not a majority or even a plurality, but enough votes that when distributed across the states resulted in a majority of electoral college votes.
I saw a graphic recently that showed that college-educated white women turned out for Trump in a big way, but I don't remember the number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 10:29 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
The sane, silent majority voted for Trump. The same people who have no interest in getting lectured about human dignity by Madonna, Ashley Judd, and women with pink hair dressed like vaginas.
Then I guess I'm not sane. I didn't vote for Trump.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:39 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,911,679 times
[quote=LoveToRow;46939207]The sane, silent majority voted for Trump. The same people who have no interest in getting lectured about human dignity by Madonna, Ashley Judd, and women with pink hair dressed like vaginas.

If you thought those pink hats were actually women's hair, and if you thought they looked like vaginas...you must not be very experienced with either in real life.

The hats were not hair. And cat's ears don't look like women's privates. Any woman whose exterior genitalia looks like those hats is badly in need of corrective surgery.

The hats are a visual pun, designed to call attention to Trump's misogyny, foul language, and demeaning views of woman as sex objects for his personal entertainment. They seem to have worked pretty well for most sane, not so silent, well-informed people, who understood this, and they also served to build community and solidarity among those at the rallies and elsewhere.

BTW, the majority did NOT vote for Trump - Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by close to three million.

We'll be seeing more of these hats in the near future, don't doubt it. They are trending on eBay and other online marketplaces as I write this.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:48 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,911,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I saw a graphic recently that showed that college-educated white women turned out for Trump in a big way, but I don't remember the number.
Not true. The majority of college educated female voters voted for Hillary.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:55 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,284,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
You're right, it was a majority of white women overall that Trump won, 53% to 43%. Clinton won college-educated white women 51-45.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...r-white-women/

Old 01-24-2017, 10:57 AM

9,373 posts, read 14,327,319 times
[quote=CraigCreek;46941486]
Quote:
They are trending on eBay and other online marketplaces as I write this.
Like I said, political theater is good business. I'd take either side of the trade.

Don't doubt it, we've seen it for thousands of years, we'll see it for thousands more.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:03 AM

1,184 posts, read 721,229 times
From ny and voted for Trump i knew my vote wont make a difference in the EC...the popular vote people dont realize many nyers skip the general election because they feel it wont make a difference. NY hasnt voted Republican in decades

Old 01-24-2017, 11:05 AM

45,452 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
She beat Trump by 6% in that demographic, an underperformance of at least 10% of preelection predictions.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:13 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
[quote=CraigCreek;46941486]
Quote:
The sane, silent majority voted for Trump. The same people who have no interest in getting lectured about human dignity by Madonna, Ashley Judd, and women with pink hair dressed like vaginas.

If you thought those pink hats were actually women's hair, and if you thought they looked like vaginas...you must not be very experienced with either in real life.

The hats were not hair. And cat's ears don't look like women's privates. Any woman whose exterior genitalia looks like those hats is badly in need of corrective surgery.

The hats are a visual pun, designed to call attention to Trump's misogyny, foul language, and demeaning views of woman as sex objects for his personal entertainment. They seem to have worked pretty well for most sane, not so silent, well-informed people, who understood this, and they also served to build community and solidarity among those at the rallies and elsewhere.

BTW, the majority did NOT vote for Trump - Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by close to three million.

We'll be seeing more of these hats in the near future, don't doubt it. They are trending on eBay and other online marketplaces as I write this.
https://www.yahoo.com/style/lady-par...171016296.html

Get educated about your own march.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2tO-ScUcAEOOc1.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2te3_nUUAEDmlg.jpg:small

https://www.yahoo.com/sy/ny/api/res/...a399dc6eeaf435

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-24-2017 at 11:42 AM..

Old 01-24-2017, 11:14 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
You're wrong, again. The poster stated that a majority of WHITE college educated female voters voted for Trump, which is absolutely correct.

Stop lying please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections