Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 06:27 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
S&F is essentially "I can randomly stop you and pat you down if I even think you might be a criminal". No actual proof, just a hunch. That is what that really is. Police state. I don't want that going national. It could be used in not so bad areas.
That happens anyway, and not just to black people, either. My husband and I (white, late 20s and early 30s, driving a 2013 Hyundai Elantra) rode through a "bad part of town" last year and got followed and pulled over by two officers (one white, one black, both around our ages). We were questioned about why we were in a "high crime area," and the answer that we gave (left the gas station, took the side street and were near an area that was affected heavily by Hurricane Matthew, so we decided to cruise through and see what it looked like) wasn't good enough, I guess. We were asked to get out of our car, and one cop actually asked us to show him our arms to see if we had track marks from heroin use! I was mortified. They then asked for permission to search our car; we didn't have anything to hide, so we gave them permission to do so. They were extremely rude and aggressive the entire time and kept telling us that we were going to jail because they knew we had purchased drugs from one of the project housing complexes that we passed while we were in the area. When they didn't find anything, they told us they would "catch us next time." One male officer patted down my husband, and they called for a female officer to come and search me, but no one was available, so they "let us go." We weren't doing anything wrong at all!

I have never seen -- much less used -- heroin in my life. These cops had absolutely no reason to think we were buying drugs; after we left the convenience store, we never stopped one time while in "that area" until the police stopped us.

All I'm saying is that search and frisk already exists, and contrary to what many think, it's not just black people who are affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 07:25 PM

1,149 posts, read 936,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I'm a college educated business owner and I proudly voted for Trump....and someday you'll thank me.
Me too! Love it.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:21 PM

2,202 posts, read 4,332,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It's no secret. Trump won the majority of non-college educated white men, period. They were joined by a minority of white women, college graduates and millennials, a big enough percentage that, combined with the first group, they added up to, not a majority or even a plurality, but enough votes that when distributed across the states resulted in a majority of electoral college votes.
Which means, one can expect it to become increasingly difficult to get a college education.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:57 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
We see a lot of events against Trump, thousands of people into the streets to protest against Trump...but so...who voted for Trump?? Many women, blacks, ispanics, actors, singers, all against Trump.
Those are just the people with the biggest mouths.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:59 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,047,212 times
Americans

Old 01-25-2017, 03:37 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
We see a lot of events against Trump, thousands of people into the streets to protest against Trump...but so...who voted for Trump?? Many women, blacks, ispanics, actors, singers, all against Trump.
What protests? The Oscars will wipe out that daily special, which will soon fade too. I forcast a lot of sucking up to African-American actors and a lot of Electile Disfunction butt-hurt.

I voted for Trump. He's your President for the next four years.

Make that eight years if he decides to run again and we all aren't too sick of winning.

I'd like to thank Madonna and Meryl Streep for helping get Trump elected, and some of y'all too!

Old 01-25-2017, 07:35 PM

6,382 posts, read 5,507,323 times
Quote:
It's no secret. Trump won the majority of non-college educated white men, period. They were joined by a minority of white women, college graduates and millennials, a big enough percentage that, combined with the first group, they added up to, not a majority or even a plurality, but enough votes that when distributed across the states resulted in a majority of electoral college votes.
Indeed.

This election was basically Archie Bunker's last stand.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:42 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,592,374 times
Gee, as a retired CPA with 2 college degrees, who has also taught Economics and Finance at the University level, I voted for President Trump.

You're welcome.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:44 PM

6,382 posts, read 5,507,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Gee, as a retired CPA with 2 college degrees, who has also taught Economics and Finance at the University level, I voted for President Trump.

You're welcome.
And there were women, blacks, hispanics, gays etc... who voted for Trump; it doesn't mean the majority of them did.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:54 PM

18,480 posts, read 15,269,062 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Indeed.

This election was basically Archie Bunker's last stand.
According to Pew Research, trump won college educated white men as well as non college educated white men.

He also got a larger percentage of the black and Hispanic vote than either Romney or McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections