Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 04:53 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
We see a lot of events against Trump, thousands of people into the streets to protest against Trump...but so...who voted for Trump?? Many women, blacks, ispanics, actors, singers, all against Trump.
My guess is the people who voted for Trump are the people who had zero faith in a corrupt liar like Hillary and were tired of the lame choices offered by the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 05:02 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
gee, if all the Trump voters are WORKING, why are Trump and his voters yammering on about needing more jobs?

BTW, the protest was on a Saturday, when many working people have the day off.
Obvious. Those working folks are sick and tired of supporting the welfare non-workers.

And those who work during the week use weekends to spend with family and home.

The fact that you don't know that speaks volumes.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:02 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,506,790 times
I personally know myself (hispanic), Wife (Chinese National), 7 hispanic family members, 2 hispanic friends male friends 3 hispanic female friends , 3 white male friends, and 3 white female friends, 1 asian friend, and around 8 co-workers. Here in New Mexico.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:20 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I personally know myself (hispanic), Wife (Chinese National), 7 hispanic family members, 2 hispanic friends male friends 3 hispanic female friends , 3 white male friends, and 3 white female friends, 1 asian friend, and around 8 co-workers. Here in New Mexico.
I live in Georgia(metro Atlanta). Pretty much the majority of Hispanic persons I know don't like Trump. Only one Hispanic person I know avidly supported Trump. The other Hispanic person I know basically held her nose while voting for Trump. To her, it was "I'd pick Gary Johnson, but he won't win".

I'm Black and I picked Gary Johnson. President Trump'saw comments about Blacks, well, I take it personal. His "I blame a Black president for Black rioters in Baltimore " rant on Twitter pretty much tells me he'said a bigot. His comments on Judge Curiel and singling him out for being Mexican tells me he won't just stop at insulting John McCain or Blacks. He'll go at Hispanics too.

Anyone who can go racially motivated like that, I don't trust to run this country. President Trump has said that he favors a national stop and frisk policy. I understand from looking at NYC, that it was quite racially motivated and violated the 4th Amendment. I once said I would not move to NYC because of S&F. If this policy is carried out nationally, there won't be anywhere to go to escape from it.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:44 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in Georgia(metro Atlanta). Pretty much the majority of Hispanic persons I know don't like Trump. Only one Hispanic person I know avidly supported Trump. The other Hispanic person I know basically held her nose while voting for Trump. To her, it was "I'd pick Gary Johnson, but he won't win".

I'm Black and I picked Gary Johnson. President Trump'saw comments about Blacks, well, I take it personal. His "I blame a Black president for Black rioters in Baltimore " rant on Twitter pretty much tells me he'said a bigot. His comments on Judge Curiel and singling him out for being Mexican tells me he won't just stop at insulting John McCain or Blacks. He'll go at Hispanics too.

Anyone who can go racially motivated like that, I don't trust to run this country. President Trump has said that he favors a national stop and frisk policy. I understand from looking at NYC, that it was quite racially motivated and violated the 4th Amendment. I once said I would not move to NYC because of S&F. If this policy is carried out nationally, there won't be anywhere to go to escape from it.
Are the majority of Hispanics you know possibly illegal aliens or sympathizers?

John McCain? Suggest you read extensively on him before making a judgement. I lived in AZ and researched him, I do not consider him a hero either. We have a lot of heroes, but he isn't one. Learn how he stood in the way of families trying to find out about the MIAs in their lives and put yourself in their shoes.

We all know that Obama was heavily supported by black voters and it was in those areas that supported him that the violence against Trumps supporters was happening. Drawing a conclusion about that does not make someone a racist!

Stop and frisk? Within certain guidelines? I agree and so would some in dangerous neighborhoods where people/children/teens are being murdered and illegal drugs flow like a waterfall.

I voted for Trump and am so relieved that he won. I was so sure Hillary would cheat her way to the win and so was she! Trump trumped!

Old 01-24-2017, 06:07 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,934,961 times
I'm a college educated business owner and I proudly voted for Trump....and someday you'll thank me.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Are the majority of Hispanics you know possibly illegal aliens or sympathizers?

John McCain? Suggest you read extensively on him before making a judgement. I lived in AZ and researched him, I do not consider him a hero either. We have a lot of heroes, but he isn't one. Learn how he stood in the way of families trying to find out about the MIAs in their lives and put yourself in their shoes.

We all know that Obama was heavily supported by black voters and it was in those areas that supported him that the violence against Trumps supporters was happening. Drawing a conclusion about that does not make someone a racist!

Stop and frisk? Within certain guidelines? I agree and so would some in dangerous neighborhoods where people/children/teens are being murdered and illegal drugs flow like a waterfall.

I voted for Trump and am so relieved that he won. I was so sure Hillary would cheat her way to the win and so was she! Trump trumped!
How should I know. I don't ask such questions. I do know that if you single someone out based on their ethnicity, you will likely alienate alot of people.

So what if President Obama was heavily supported by Blacks? What does that have to do with rioting? That is bigotedition because Trump singled out the former President based on race and blamed the President for Blacks in Baltimore rioting.

John McCain is more a war hero than Trump. Yes, McCain disobeyed orders and it got him deep water. However, saying "I like soldiers who weren't captured" is an affront to those who were captured. If he had an issue with McCain,he should have kept it there and not taken a jab at POW's.

S&F is essentially "I can randomly stop you and pat you down if I even think you might be a criminal". No actual proof, just a hunch. That is what that really is. Police state. I don't want that going national. It could be used in not so bad areas.

I am quite scared of President Trump. Why? Some of the racial stuff he has said. He favors things similar to a pice state. And I believe that if he is this reckless now, he might take this to office. I am more concorned for domestichange policies. I have more to lose in that category than anywhere else.

Now, why should I have voted for Trump? What's in it for me?

Old 01-24-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I'm a college educated business owner and I proudly voted for Trump....and someday you'll thank me.
Really? How boastful. What makes you think he will be so great? And if you learn some things about me, what does this administration have in it for me?

Old 01-24-2017, 06:17 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,026,515 times
I'm a college-educated white woman, and I voted for Trump in the general election. I voted for Marco Rubio in the primary.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:19 PM

30 year old Black male, white collar, college educated,middle class. Voted for Johnson. Neither Trump or Clinton were to my liking. I voted for Sanders in the primaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections