Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 11:20 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,639,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I never heard that. Is there some where I can read about this being said by him? If it was said by him it is stupid but not dangerous or discriminating like what Obama's friends stand for. That is comparing apples with pears.
It's not dangerous? He is using God as his determination on whether to go to war or not, forget any intellegence that was gathered.

Sorry, but it was even more dagerous because he used his religious views to abuse his power in justifying invading another country, it gets no worse than that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 11:24 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
It looks like Obama made a conscious decision to attend that church but the decision seems to be based on issues other than the reverend's pathological hatred of our country.

But then, how many pro-abortion Catholic law makers (Ted Kennedy, John Carey, Geraldine Ferraro, etc. etc.) sit through a Mass, even taking Communion, and then vote to allow the murder of the unborn? Should these politicians be ostracized because they listen to a priest denounce abortion?

That being said, at what point does a person say, this my beliefs are not in accordance with the teaching of this church - is it time to find another one or can I work within this institution to turn it around?

It's a very personal decision.
You are right it is a personal decision. One Obama made and it showed us how he thinks and on which he agrees with. The rev. stepped down from Obama's official support team but has made it clear in all his actions that he is friends with anti semitic people and even visits enemy's of the US.
So this is the hope and change Obama thinks about and even used a quote from his spiritual leader and "oncle" for his best selling book. All actions show what Obama stands for and it is a scary one but luckily it will soon be over because I know the American people are smarter than this and Obama will soon stepp down or lose, and his political career will end soon. IMO

Old 03-15-2008, 11:27 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,782,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
It's not dangerous? He is using God as his determination on whether to go to war or not, forget any intellegence that was gathered.

Sorry, but it was even more dagerous because he used his religious views to abuse his power in justifying invading another country, it gets no worse than that!
I asked you about a link to where this can be read, but you have no proof it seems to me.
Just facts please.
I'm not saying a war is good or George Bush did everything right but it wasn't George Bush flying planes into the World Trade Center, these people were terrorists and muslims. Reality...

Old 03-15-2008, 11:33 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,639,484 times
Quote:
I asked you about a link to where this can be read, but you have no proof it seems to me.
Just facts please.
I'm not saying a war is good or George Bush did everything right but it wasn't George Bush flying planes into the World Trade Center, these people were terrorists and muslims. Reality...

Um, if you take a look below the post when you first asked for the info another poster posted it...take a look again or are trus facts just too much for you to bear. Kind of like how you sya that Obama was sworn in on the Koran or that he has family that are PLO members, unlike Bush's comments...there are no proof of those.

The reality is that 9/11 was comitted by people who were not even in Iraq. What made it so bad is that Buh made these comments about correcting the "tyrrany" in Iraq, not to find the people who committed the 9/11 crimes.

That's reality!

Old 03-15-2008, 05:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Quote:
Just facts please.

No Iraqis flew those planes. They were Saudis and we're still on friendly terms with the Saudis -- or Bush is.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:23 PM

232 posts, read 948,629 times
Quote:
You are right it is a personal decision. One Obama made and it showed us how he thinks and on which he agrees with. The rev. stepped down from Obama's official support team but has made it clear in all his actions that he is friends with anti semitic people and even visits enemy's of the US.
So this is the hope and change Obama thinks about and even used a quote from his spiritual leader and "oncle" for his best selling book. All actions show what Obama stands for and it is a scary one but luckily it will soon be over because I know the American people are smarter than this and Obama will soon stepp down or lose, and his political career will end soon. IMO
i dont think you know what your talking about, farrakhan etc goes to the middle east, jews arer not the only semetic ppl, why do americans believe they are!

Old 04-21-2008, 02:33 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times
Obama's new preacher is just as bad as Wright
he defends him to the max
Obama is only trying to put this aside to get votes
he is as fake as they come!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:12 PM

232 posts, read 948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama's new preacher is just as bad as Wright
he defends him to the max
Obama is only trying to put this aside to get votes
he is as fake as they come!
DONT MATTER! one thing i learned is republicans and their people can say what they want but when it comes to someone that is a democrat esp a black person they get scrutinized for telling the truth, this goes toshow thatamericans are brain washed, and i kinda got mad obama distanted himself from wright. just to appeal tothe masses but thats whatyouhaveto do if you want to be president like theone we have in office now!

read between the lines of what he said before you make blanket statements and do the research!

your right obama is trying to move along butthe real racist wont....they ratheruse a smear campaign
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections