Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Don't you think it is better we find out now before he became president and focused his energy on personal issues based on resentment and hated for the white race instead of fixing America's economy, the Iraq war, health care, foreign relations, the environment and other major issues rather than his own personal issues of race. I am not happy but angry because he tried to fool the American people. One thing we all do have in common is that we are proud to be Americans and proud of our country unlike Obama's wife and pastor.

That is idiotic. Obama is half white you know. You really thinks he hates half of himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:59 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,191,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That is idiotic. Obama is half white you know. You really thinks he hates half of himself?
I have yet to hear Obama talk about his white half at all during this campaign, let alone say that he is proud of his white heritage.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:03 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I have yet to hear Obama talk about his white half at all during this campaign, let alone say that he is proud of his white heritage.
This is a laughable statement, what does that have to do with anything? NOTHING!!

Old 03-14-2008, 11:05 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,639,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

Hmmm, thats interesting as I have heard him talk about living with his mother and his life experience in Hawaii and Indonesia with pride plenty of times.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:13 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,316,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Where & When has Obama shown resentment and hatred for the white race??
I am sure you will be able to view his entire interview again tonight on CNN... he mentioned that resentment and anger was something he and his race have to deal with... it was a Freudian slip I guess.

PS: CNN just showed the clip again and evidently they lost sound where he mentions the part about resentment and anger due to discrimination and history of slavery... how convenient.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
I am sure you will be able to view his entire interview again tonight on CNN... he mentioned that resentment and anger was something he and his race have to deal with... it was a Freudian slip I guess.

PS: CNN just showed the clip again and evidently they lost sound where he mentions the part about resentment and anger due to discrimination and history of slavery... how convenient.

Well, I will have to look at the CNN interview because I don't believe it. People post so many untruths on this board i'm sure you'll understand my being skeptical.

If what you listed in your P.S is true, I can see that as a true statement. Why wouldn't people be angry due to discrimination. As I said before it was not that long ago that we had to drink out of seperate water fountains and send the National Guard to school with our kids. Things are better these days but not totally eridicated and it does have to be dealt with on both sides!

Old 03-15-2008, 12:12 AM

OK I just saw the CNN interview...and yes he did say that resentment and anger is something that him, his race & AMERICA has to deal with...which sounds like a true statement to me. We ALL have to deal with it in order to move forward.

I also loved the was Anderson Cooper tried to trip him up by playing the clip about beind passed by on the street trying to hail a cab, and that she's never been called the N-word...well aren't those things true?

1 more thing...It's also true as Obama said in the interview that the Reverand grew up in a different time and still harbors a lot of anger and resentment. 40 years ago he would have been a young man growing up in the Jim Crow/segration era. Obama said that his personal life experiences were much different and he has had more advantages and has been able to accomplish much more.

Doesn't sound like he has any resentment & hatred of the White Race to me

Old 03-15-2008, 12:55 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,177,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I've been to many churches but none that used the Lord's name in vain, blamed the US for introducing AIDs to black people, blamed the US for Pearl Harbor and more.

He called America the "US of KKK".

And Obama is going to be a uniter? With spiritual leaders like that he might very will be but not in a way he imagines.
Comparing 9/11 to slavery really got me too. How can you compare the two?

Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
He doesn't "spew hatred" he is highly critical of the way America has conducted itself recently and in the past. That's not being anti-American, that's being an American patriot. That's the strength of a Democracy.
I can't remember the exact statement -- but he said something about America creating the HIV virus to give it to blacks. If that isn't absurd, I don't know what is. That's not being critical, that's being crazy.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
So what? Do you really believe that America is a blameless country?
He's only talking about white America. I believe that is racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections