Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 08:52 AM

1,018 posts, read 512,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am fully aware of them. I never claimed that there has not been outrage on the left. I merely pointed out that there was talk of possible outrage on the other side, had the situation been reversed, and I am quite sure there would have been.

I actually think that it would not have been as bad. We moved on after Obama became president pretty quick. Yeah, we were pissed but we also weren't in the streets setting things on fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
No, what is truly thick-skulled is confusing understanding of how something works with agreeing that it should work that way.

The electoral college works on the basis of every state having a voice, not just a few major cities. The electoral votes are based on population for that state. It's funny cause every republican and every democrat and every third party voters knew before going in that the electoral college is the basis for winning an election. You guys would be telling us the same thing if Clinton won the EC but lost the popular vote. But we also would have known that the popular vote has no basis in winning an election. So, you do get a participation trophy. Enjoy.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,596,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
The electoral college works on the basis of every state having a voice, not just a few major cities. The electoral votes are based on population for that state. It's funny cause every republican and every democrat and every third party voters knew before going in that the electoral college is the basis for winning an election. You guys would be telling us the same thing if Clinton won the EC but lost the popular vote. But we also would have known that the popular vote has no basis in winning an election. So, you do get a participation trophy. Enjoy.
I understand perfectly well how it works. I still don't like it, and I never have liked it. I thought it was a lousy idea when I first learned about it, long before I ever took an interest in politics or cast my first vote. I do not think that the vote of a person residing in a small, lightly populated state should carry more weight than than that of one residing in a large, populous state. That is all. Each individual vote should be of equal importance.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:08 AM

Those are the rules as of now. Everyone always says that they don't like it around election time, but they never make an effort to change it.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:11 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,556,697 times
It felt surreal to me for many reasons.

The next day even the white supremacist at worked admitted he was a bit scared about how Trump would be as president.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
It felt surreal to me for many reasons.

The next day even the white supremacist at worked admitted he was a bit scared about how Trump would be as president.
Surreal is a good word for it. Remember TV shows and movies, years ago, that joked about a future with Trump in the WH? I bet the folks that wrote those found it surreal, as well.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Surreal is a good word for it. Remember TV shows and movies, years ago, that joked about a future with Trump in the WH? I bet the folks that wrote those found it surreal, as well.

I found it hilarious that Obama was insulting Trump back in 2011 at the correspondent's dinner, and insulting him via Twitter, only to have Trump come in, take his job, and wipe away his legacy. I bet Obama felt like the biggest idiot after that, and it was awesome.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:17 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Quote:
I found it hilarious that Obama was insulting Trump back in 2011 at the correspondent's dinner, and insulting him via Twitter, only to have Trump come in, take his job, and wipe away his legacy. I bet Obama felt like the biggest idiot after that, and it was awesome.
This sounds very petty😒

Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Do you remember why? If Trump hadn't started up with his birther nonsense, I'm pretty sure Obama would never have paid any attention to him.

Also, Trump did not "take his job," as he was not able to run for re-election, anyway.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:18 PM

24,514 posts, read 17,265,170 times
Quote:

Yeah but the joke was ultimately on Trump.
He was probably the first Billionaire in History to move into public housing that was vacated by a black family.... Where is my drum beat Ba Dum Tsss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections