Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 09:24 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
ECONOMICALLY was the the key term. No body cares about social crap anymore. no one cares who you marry or what you do in your bedroom. We DO NOT want to know! Stop flaunting your social mores at us and work like we do.....Stop running around protesting meaningless crap and say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
How do you know what the key term was? It wasn't your comment being replied to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 10:23 AM

1,018 posts, read 511,423 times
I remember sitting in my living room, thinking Trump had such a hard road that it wasn't possible for him to win, even though I voted for him. When they called Florida and North Carolina for Trump, I had hope. Then once Ohio and Wisconsin rang in, I was sitting on the edge of my seat, proud that this country woke up and realized how badly the democrats' were destroying our country. Then when Pennsylvania came in, and put him over the top, I cried tears of joy, and it was also very fun to prove all of my facebook friends that said he had no chance wrong.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:31 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
I was in disbelief, but hoped that Trump would rise to the dignity of the office and that his blow-hard efforts during the campaign were just window-dressing.

I had hopes that he would be gracious in victory, reach out to wise and experienced individuals from both sides of the aisle and in private life, that he would immediately start to prepare himself for the job by consulting with former presidents and other leaders and by reading American (and world) history and government extensively, and that he would reveal his true self as being far more benign and intelligent than he had appeared during the campaign.

I have been disappointed in all of those hopes, and have found my dismay and concern for my country and our democracy - and the security of the world, for that matter - increasing on a weekly, if not daily, basis.

Sadly, Trump has turned out to be just whom he appeared to be: an ignorant, intellectually incurious, rather stupid and bombastic man who is inarticulate and who perceives things in very simplistic terms, yet considers himself superior to others because of his vast wealth (which turns out not to be quite so vast, nor acquired in the most pristine of manners).

Trump's pronouncements appealed to the roiling anger barely beneath the surface of many blue collar Americans who saw their comfortable former way of life departing as jobs changed, disappeared, or moved overseas. Trump made promises he has no way of keeping. Trump pointed blame at false targets, and offered simplistic "answers" that are not answers at all. All this, while doing his best to destroy much of what makes our country remarkable: our parks and public lands, our clean air and water, our very mountains (see mountaintop removal coal mining, the scourge of what's left of central Appalachia), public education, access to health care, the free press and far more, to benefit private business.

He has engaged in an initially bafflingly cozy relationship with Vladimir Putin, whom he clearly admires. The reasons for that closeness are emerging, thankfully.

Trump is corrupt to the core. He is narcissistic, shallow, ignorant, self-indulgent, bigoted, filled with scorn and hatred, provincially removed from the ordinary way of life in this country, lacks a filter, and is glaringly unfit for the position which he unfortunately occupies.

I am thankful that the RussiaGate investigation is beginning to reveal the truth about what lay behind Trump's candidacy and first months of his presidency.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:39 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
I felt like we had just gone from bad to worse. I thought the corruption would be bad but I had no idea how bad.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:52 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is fun to read the postings here and what I find interesting is that the people that don't like Trump attack him on a personal level whereas those who don't like Hillary attack her on her policies and what they would have meant for America. ?

It is now a year later and the earth is still spinning. What happened to all the doom and gloom the Dems told us would happen if Trump was elected? Yes he has shaken up the establishment but I think he could do plenty more shaking because there are still many in DC including some Reps. that don't understand the dangerous path of no return we were on.

It is amazing how after a year there are still mobs of people that do not accept Trump and they are still doing their best to destroy him which actually means they would undermine the country if given a chance.

I have lost so called friends because even though I'm not a "Trumper" I let it slip that I preferred him to Hillary.
I have been called names by others because of my beliefs. It is really sad how having a political opinion that differs from someone who identifies as a Democrat means that you are labelled and ostracized. I thought liberals were supposed to be open minded and accepting of everyone but I guess they are the narrow minded ones.

One year later despite all the ups and downs because of Trump I am still happy and amazed that he won.
I constantly attack The Cheeto on policy

Old 11-09-2017, 10:52 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
I've giggled for an entire year.

I stayed up 'til it was over. Everybody but that idiot John Podesta knew it was over, but he goes out and flat lies to the Hillary crowd.

Still counting votes, my ass.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?418089...nnight-results

Old 11-09-2017, 10:53 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I agree about the bolded above -- I've also pointed out several times that the constant calls for IMPEACH!, beginning right after the election and the entire Bogus RUSSIA-RUSSIA-RUSSIA are really against the Voters who elected Donald Trump.

The want to Nullify our Vote because their Queen did not get her crown. They reject the will of the Voters AND our entire System when they do this.

I've never seen anything like it. The Leftist Media has ripped it's mask off and is openly hostile to the President of the United States AND to those who voted for him. We can take that and won't forget it.

The worst of it is that they are blasting this Hostility around the Entire World and that is harming our National Security. I won't forgive any of it.
What do you mean the will of the voters? More people voted for Clinton. And don't spew the EC crap at me; people vote, not prairies or cows

Old 11-09-2017, 10:56 AM

1,018 posts, read 511,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What do you mean the will of the voters? More people voted for Clinton. And don't spew the EC crap at me; people vote, not prairies or cows
Here we go again with the popular vote. If we based our elections on popular vote, then New York City and Los Angeles would decide our elections every single time. So, why is it fair that 2 cities decide who the president is gonna be? We vote based on States. More states wanted Trump than not. Maybe you should take a look at the 12th amendment again and get back to us. Peace.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:57 AM

[quote=MyNameIsBellaMia;50080280]I've giggled for an entire year.

"And Little Audrey just laughed and laughed..."

See you in the funny papers. Enjoy the giggles while you can.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Here we go again with the popular vote. If we based our elections on popular vote, then New York City and Los Angeles would decide our elections every single time. So, why is it fair that 2 cities decide who the president is gonna be? We vote based on States. More states wanted Trump than not. Maybe you should take a look at the 12th amendment again and get back to us. Peace.
Cities don't vote - people do. If most people live in cities, then that's where the winning votes will come from. If they live elsewhere, the same is true. One person, one vote would reflect modern realities and be far more representative than our present outdated system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections