Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 10:10 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,096,294 times

Advertisements

[quote=Reads2MUCH;50076167]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post

Wow, I had no idea that the good people of West Virginia were solely responsible for electing Donald Trump!!! Guess I learn something new every day. Here's another good one. A soulless adulterer's wife who systematically tried to silence or destroy the women who accused her husband of sexual misconduct then managed to convince America that she was the #1 champion for women's rights in the United States. Luckily, there were a whole lot of educated women out there who saw through all that lame nonsense. We would have totally been screwed if all women had jumped on the bandwagon and simply voted for her because she was a woman. Really dodged a bullet there.
Trump cheated on his wives as well. The difference is that the Clinton's were able to work it out and stay together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 10:11 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And the economy is doing better than ever! We should have elected him 4 years earlier
Alright now, stop with all this truth telling! That's not what CNN is reporting, so it can't be true.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:16 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,650,451 times
[quote=natalie469;50076226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post

Trump cheated on his wives as well. The difference is that the Clinton's were able to work it out and stay together.
Ummmm, I think you totally missed the point of the post.

Also, I truly hope you do not believe the Clinton's are still together because they are some happy, loving married couple. They are a power couple, nothing more. It would look bad if they divorced. So staying together for them is more of a business decision than anything else. Just saying.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:20 PM
JRR

8,168 posts, read 5,677,535 times
His win was no big surprise to me. I figured that if he did win it would be one fun administration to follow as it was pretty clear that he had no idea of what being president entailed. He has actually been more incompetent than I thought he would be. But one year later my life hasn't changed for the worse and I have had a lot of entertainment. Overall, I figure the country survived Nixon and it will survive Trump.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:21 PM

[quote=Reads2MUCH;50076251]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Ummmm, I think you totally missed the point of the post.

Also, I truly hope you do not believe the Clinton's are still together because they are some happy, loving married couple. They are a power couple, nothing more. It would look bad if they divorced. So staying together for them is more of a business decision than anything else. Just saying.

Do you know them personally, otherwise it's just an assumption on your part. I think they have mutual respect which is important in every marriage. Many have said Melania can't stand Donald. Do any of this know this.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:34 PM

16,114 posts, read 10,782,975 times
At the time there was disbelief and then the feeling that something was broken in America. That so many people could be swayed by false representation to pass over reasonably good and sane candidates in the GOP primaries and support a lying, mentally unstable, con man with no skills or experience was only part of it. That so many people devalue the ideals and strengths that made this country strong and be willing to throw it all away to follow a sniveling, draft-dodging, abusive and lying billionaire was a big part of it. That so many people who knew better were staying at home and not voting was also part of it. And finally that so many people were dumb enough to throw their vote away and then foolishly claim some sort of false righteousness after the damage has been done. A year later some of those people responsible for this mess are waking up and seeing how unfit Trump is for the job and that he is doing much more to injure those who supported him than he is to help them. His only aim is to help himself. He was a liar then and he is a liar now and is dragging this country down. It is all the shoulders of those who were stupid enough to support him, those that stayed home, and those self-righteous clowns that threw their vote away.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:47 PM

3,595 posts, read 1,797,346 times
One of the most amazing nights of my life!

Old 11-08-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
One of the most amazing nights of my life!
Trump has been in office for a year now. Can you tell me what amazing things he has done for you.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:52 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,189,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump has been in office for a year now. Can you tell me what amazing things he has done for you.
That's not the topic. Go rant somewhere else

Old 11-09-2017, 12:07 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I knew the polls were wrong and Trump had a real good shot at winning. Wisconsin was the big surprise along with Michigan. I knew PA would go-to the Trump column because I have family there and the little towns get counted last. Family members in PA said Trump would win but not until the little towns were counted . And as a Christian I fervently prayed Trump would win and many family and friends of mine did the same. We were up most of the night and it was exciting when Trump took FL. My vote counted!!

I watched Lou Dobbs on the Fox business channel.
LOL, I'm from PA and the next day my aunt from TX called, she said she wanted to thank the people in the state of PA

I remember right before the election a liberal pundit smirkily said that thinking PA would go for Trump was like Lucy and the football, look who got the last smirk.

How did I feel? Not surprised, relieved, feeling like the country missed a bullet. I talked to people from liberal states and they said they was also relieved too and felt more confident so now they were going to reinvest more money in their businesses where if Hillary would have won they didn't see the sense in it and would take it easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections