Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 11:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The whining of the Democrats about the existence of the EC shows why they're such poor losers and constantly miserable to go with their disgust and ludicrous histrionics about the newly-signed tax bill and offers even more irrefutable proof of their hatred of the middle class for no remotely intelligent reason.

NOBODY in this country with a brain wants the liberal policies of the Democrats to run our lives and run our country into the ground; eight years of OBAMUNISM was a disaster for millions of Americans and minorities in particular.
Sorry to disappoint ya, Skippy, I am not a Dem, nor did I vote for Hillary. The rest of your rant is not worthy of actual comment or discussion..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 02:56 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,926,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Shoot where I live in Washington State, the place has became infested with Mexicans, making it even more liberal. Everywhere I go they are in droves and can't even speak English. Unfortunately, Washington State votes Democrat regardless. So, being a Republican, my vote doesn't really count here, thanks to the liberals in Seattle. When I lived in Tennessee, my vote was always counted, cause it is overwhelmingly Republican.
From one Republican to another - we are blessed with Mexicans, who do all the hard work at a bargain price, usually have a strong family structure, and cook delicious food in their restaurants.

Your vote didn't count in Tennessee either, because it went Republican with or without you. Your vote only counts for a lot in swing states.

Old 12-27-2017, 10:19 AM

1,018 posts, read 512,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, I would, I did not vote for Hillary. Sorry but Obama did not lose the popular vote in 2008, he won by 10 Million votes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...election,_2008
He lost the Popular Vote in the primary against Hillary. More Democrats voted for Hillary than Obama, so if we went based on popular vote, Hillary would have been up against John McCain in 2008. So, no, we don't elect everything based on popular vote.

Last edited by Boss1234; 12-27-2017 at 11:03 AM..

Old 12-28-2017, 10:27 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,249,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
So, if Hillary won the EC but lost the popular vote you would still be for abolishing the EC, right? The EC makes sure that every state has a voice, not just CA. Trump was elected by winning the popular vote in the majority of the states. If we went based on popular vote, it would only be useful to campaign in NY and CA, tell me how you think that's fair. And, btw, no, we don't elect based on popular vote for everything else. Cause Obama lost the popular vote in 2008 but won the nomination.
Actually, with the EC, the campaigns only go to certain states now as it is...WI/MI/OH/PA/VA/NC/FL/IA/CO/AZ/NV/FL were the only states that were campaigned in by the 2 candidates after the primaries.
Blue states like CA/OR/WA/NY/NJ/MD/DE/DC/NM/IL/HI and red states like SC/GA/WV/KY/TN/AL/MS/TX/OK/KS/NE/SD/ND/MT/WY/UT/ID/AK were not campaigned in. Some weren't even campaigned in during the primaries because they weren't considered important.

In 2004 & 2008 I lived in SC and did not see either party's candidate come anywhere nearby. In 2000 and again 2012 and 2016, I lived in OH...both candidates visited both states at least 20+ times in each election. The EC makes it useless to waste time campaigning in states you know you are either going to win or lose in without a doubt.
If you did away with the EC...the type of campaigning would be different. Instead of Trump going to OH 25 times and WI 20 times in the matter of 3 months leading up to the election, he would have gone everywhere to try and get out his voters...I bet many R voters stayed home in CA knowing their vote was wasted...same thing w/ D voters in TX. Doing away w/ the EC would force the candidates to campaign everywhere to get all their voters out.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:29 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,249,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The whining of the Democrats about the existence of the EC shows why they're such poor losers and constantly miserable to go with their disgust and ludicrous histrionics about the newly-signed tax bill and offers even more irrefutable proof of their hatred of the middle class for no remotely intelligent reason.

NOBODY in this country with a brain wants the liberal policies of the Democrats to run our lives and run our country into the ground; eight years of OBAMUNISM was a disaster for millions of Americans and minorities in particular.
Nobody w/ a brain wants this country to be run by conservatives...the last 8 years were far better than the previous 8 years were.

Old 12-28-2017, 11:12 AM

1,018 posts, read 512,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Nobody w/ a brain wants this country to be run by conservatives...the last 8 years were far better than the previous 8 years were.
Obviously according to people, the liberals have ran it into the ground. Hence, last year's election results.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:38 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Interestingly, it looks like the Puerto Rico governor is organizing votes against Republicans. Over 200,000 have moved to Florida.

Puerto Rico gov organizing Latinos to vote against Republicans in 2018 | TheHill

Old 12-29-2017, 05:12 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Interestingly, it looks like the Puerto Rico governor is organizing votes against Republicans. Over 200,000 have moved to Florida.

Puerto Rico gov organizing Latinos to vote against Republicans in 2018 | TheHill
PR, like Detroit, has been massively bleeding population for over ten years now.

Their pols ran PR into the ground, long before a hurricane helped them do so.

When is the PR going out of business sale?

Old 12-30-2017, 10:59 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
PR, like Detroit, has been massively bleeding population for over ten years now.

Their pols ran PR into the ground, long before a hurricane helped them do so.

When is the PR going out of business sale?
I'm starting to think Trump is doing this to Puerto Rico deliberately in order to buy the island or open golf courses and basement prices. Puerto Rico residents need to move to Florida for at least the next three years and vote Republicans out.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:56 AM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm starting to think Trump is doing this to Puerto Rico deliberately in order to buy the island or open golf courses and basement prices. Puerto Rico residents need to move to Florida for at least the next three years and vote Republicans out.
PR lost major % of population, before Trump even won.

Its a train wreck, bad work ethic, no one pays what they owe, and that stuff is not correctable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections