Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2018, 03:46 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'd read that too, because I'd been wondering if this district was one of the ones affected by the new map. So when I saw that this district will be gone in 8 months, I honestly wondered why have the special election at all?

Out of curiosity, how will Pennsylvania handle any Representatives that might be suddenly 'doubled up' or 'pushed out'?
If the maps didn't change it would be up for election anyway, so not sure why the new maps should impact whether or not to hold a special.

As far as doubled up or pushed out, I haven't seen any as it relates to Incumbents, although if Lamb does win as has been mentioned he is almost certain to run against Rothus in the new 17th. Even if Lamb loses as long as it is close I'm sure he challenged Rothus considering the district is much less Republican than the current 18th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 03:49 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,231,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
If the maps didn't change it would be up for election anyway, so not sure why the new maps should impact whether or not to hold a special.

As far as doubled up or pushed out, I haven't seen any as it relates to Incumbents, although if Lamb does win as has been mentioned he is almost certain to run against Rothus in the new 17th. Even if Lamb loses as long as it is close I'm sure he challenged Rothus considering the district is much less Republican than the current 18th.
Oh, I'm sure he'll run in the 17th. He can just roll right on over into that campaign and keep the advertising and name recognition going.

But of course, hopefully he'll be running as Congressman Lamb, albeit from a different district.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Saccone is running against Nancy Pelosi according to his campaign ads despite the fact that Conor Lamb said a month ago he will not support her.
Conor Lamb says he wouldn't support Nancy Pelosi to lead House Democrats | TribLIVE
Did you see Mr. Conservative Manchin, be Nancy's lapdog at the State of the Union speech when he stood to clap.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:37 PM

10,800 posts, read 4,359,845 times
This Lamb boy is a joke. He said "I was Trump before Trump was Trump".....
But he talks like a boring academic with no charisma and no swagger.
He's the opposite to Trump.
He's more like Al Gore!

Old 03-13-2018, 04:39 PM

3,165 posts, read 2,219,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Did you see Mr. Conservative Manchin, be Nancy's lapdog at the State of the Union speech when he stood to clap.
I don't understand this. Manchin is in the Senate and Pelosi is in the House, so maybe referring to Schumer would be a better argument. Manchin has demonstrated repeatedly that he will support Trump's agenda and nominees when he believes it is right for the people of West Virginia, despite his party affiliation. He's one of the least blindly partisan members in Congress and doesn't owe anything to Pelosi.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,277,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Granted, I haven't been keeping up. But, why does Lamb seem more like Trump than Saccone?
Lamb is not like Trump. He was a Marine, he is smart, diplomatic and nice--doesn't insult people or their intelligence. One woman described him as every mother's dream son.

His opponent is more like Trump--awful, insulting, dishonest--claims everyone who doesn't vote for him are people who hate America--including his opponent--the Marine. Lol.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:21 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,301,228 times
Tweet by Republican Jay Cost timestanped 7:07 pm tonight.

Quote:
Lamb will beat Saccone tonight for four reasons:
(1) Trump's popularity is down.
(2) Lots of ancestral D's in PA 18.
(3) Lamb is a really great candidate.
(4) Saccone is really terrible candidate.
Also from Cpst:

Quote:
I was in a bar last week when I saw a Lamb ad during the Pens game. It was really good. That's when I knew Saccone was toast.
Quote:
Also a buddy of mine, registered Republican, was canvassed by the Lamb campaign. No visits from Saccone, natch.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:32 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,231,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
He's more like Al Gore!
Are you ignorant or deliberately lying?

The GOP candidate Saccone is the one who said that, not Conor Lamb.

GOP Nominates State Rep. Rick Saccone To Replace Former Congressman Tim Murphy | 90.5 WESA

Old 03-13-2018, 06:00 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
He's more like Al Gore!
Errr...that was Saccone--agreed--he is a joke!

Old 03-13-2018, 06:04 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,314 times
Default Places to catch vote results

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-election.html

https://www.politico.com/election-re...ection/mar-13/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections